TOG (The Office Group)

United Kingdom14 reviews

Like minded souls

Featured review

TOG (The Office Group) selected this as a representative review
From the minute I started, I felt like welcomed and appreciated. This company really understand the value of keeping their employees happy. Everyone is really bubbly and outgoing - there was never a Friday night with no after work drinks so quickly my colleagues became friends and work didn't feel like work. As long as we got the work done and the numbers up we were given a lot of free reign to go out and about, competitor shop, work from other buildings for the day.. which is pretty unheard of in most other Sales jobs. Quality Management on a Quality Product

Pros

Great Staff Parties

Cons

Big work load

Tog

Decent pay, needs restructuring as there is a lot of issues. If your face fits, it’s all good. If it doesn’t… good luck. Best advice would be to do your research, and trust your instincts.

Insights into TOG (The Office Group)

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job

Unsure of what they’re looking for

Seemed like a great company to work for. When interviewed, just seemed like the regional managers are looking for someone extremely specific. That explains why they’ve had the same roles (assistant building manager and building manager) up for nearly 2 months. I have over 6 years of management experience in a very similar field to TOG, but apparently ‘that’s not enough experience’. If you look at all their building managers, they’ve all had retail management for about a year or two. During my interview process, I was told I was too ‘sales’ focused for an ops role… surely you need sales focus to do the ops side of things and help the building reach occupancy? Makes no sense. Simply put, I think the regional managers are looking for someone very specific, but yet they don’t know what exactly they’re looking for.

Entry level

The company would be such a rewarding place to work if the hierarchal structure at the moment was reformed, I just don’t think this business needs heads of west and east and perhaps the AOMs need restructuring so they’re based on the ground in buildings rather than floating (what they do - I don’t know I honestly couldn’t tell you besides comment on work place with a high five and a well done you’ve smashed it! ) what they need is better leaders in less high powered positions!

Pros

Monday -Friday

Cons

Management!

Fast-paced and dynamic

The Office Group is a great company to work with. I had the opportunity to learn new skills and progress through the company. Hard-work is recognised, and my overall experience was a very positive one.

Okay work place

Wasn't totally my cup of tea but a fun place to work. Too many hours, 9 per day, and changing shift patterns i.e. starting at 8am or 10am. Actually, lots of changes were going on structurally so a lot of my team had low morale.

good if your young

Working with the office group was a good experience to try new things, meet new people and gain more working skills. its good if its your first job out of uni.

Pros

good experience

Na

Terrible management Low pay Lack of appreciation It is a very unproffessional environment with management speaking rudely of clients and staff infront of staff. The pay is ridiuclously low No bonus' or progression

Front of House

The day is so varied, really busy and lots to do! From greeting members as they arrive in the building, booking meeting rooms, setting up meeting rooms with refreshments... The best bit is dealing with the awesome members and eating all the sweets in the meeting rooms ;)

The very important people (heads of departments) are in place. The rest however...have fallen into a "Paid to Look Good" culture. .....................................

Pros

Free Friday Lunch

Cons

Very Slow career progression

Lovingly fun humans

My time at the company was genuinely enjoyable. I acquired new and beneficial skills to my role and was encouraged to discover more. The people are the heart and soul of the company, a willingness to help one another like I’ve never experienced elsewhere, as well as working alongside exceptionally talented individuals in every field.

Pros

Gym / Great Food

Cons

Ungodly 7:30am meetings at times.

Average at best

A company that has expanded too quickly and cant keep up with staffing levels and training. Management is very political and cliqued, all the way through to upper management.

Unsuited to me

Job was falsely advertised and was not a fun or enjoyable working environment. I did not feel it was a happy or productive working environment and there was little communication among staff

great customer service training

great for learning all aspects of running serviced offices, meeting rooms and virtual offices.

Pros

excellent training

Cons

difficult transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOG (The Office Group). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement