TOG24

TOG24 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews

Enjoyed my time there

I enjoyed working for a family run business and at the same time, within a larger corporate organisation (Debenhams); would have still been working for them now if Debenhams hadn't closed.Being located in Manchester meant we were always busy - it was a very large store and we had departments on numerous floors. The Debenhams store management and staff were a great team to work with - always driven and upbeat plus you were praised for your successes.Contact with our own (Tog) management was mainly by phone or email; very rarely in personThe family who own the company were easy to communicate with and open to ideasI enjoyed selling and driving sales plus merchandising the sales floors to improve the look of the departments as well as help increase salesThe stock was good quality which made it easier to sell. We had sales budgets to aim for plus other goals; I'm a target driven individual so this worked for meAt various times the decisions the company made weren't great and that could be frustrating, especially when your own knowledge/opinion wasn't considered at the timeOverall I rather enjoyed that period of employment. especially working as part of a large Debenhams team - I have many happy memories from my time there

Pros

Uniform allowance, good salary. great Debenhams team

Cons

Lack of visits from Tog management; Not many opportunities as only have a small number of stores

Great company

Different and fun company,making loads of improvementsFamily owned personal and professional approachGet the feeling that senior leadership and HR care about staffLoads of new ideas for staff happening, Christmas presents and competitions. Keeps getting better just love working here

Insights into TOG24

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Worst Working Environment

There is no job security so I wouldn’t recommend working here if you’re looking for a long term career, there isn’t much to do on a day to day basis and they’re isn’t many customers that enter the store throughout the day, If you enjoy working in a dead environment with no communication then this would be ideal for you. The company and manager do not care about your wellbeing, the temperature in store is below the legal limit and it is freezing in store, they do not let you wrap up and you won’t be able to relocate to a different store. I wouldn’t recommend working here.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Freezing temperature, no job security, long hours

Official response from TOG24

4 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback, its disappointing to hear that working at TOG 24 did not meet your expectations during your brief time with us. As your employment commenced following a period of lockdown, the retail industry was responding to a number of challenges, in particular, unpredictable customer shopping patterns and increased ventilation requirements, which may help to explain some of your experience. The nature of a temporary position is unfortunately shorter term and therefore does not have the same element of job security as a permanent position, though such jobs may have become available during your employment . Additionally, the option to relocate remains dependent on there being vacancies within alternate stores and is something we have supported previously. Finally, whilst the wearing of heavy outdoor clothing wouldn't be appropriate for working in store, a number of alternative clothing and layering options are possible. It is disappointing that you did not raise your concerns appropriately using our internal processes to enable these matters to be addressed whilst you remained in our employment, however we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please contact a member of our HR Team to arrange a suitable time.

unsupported

long hours working alone trying to balance company and host stores expectations that dont match up. no support from area manager or regional manager poor communication stay clear!!!

Okay

Quiet a lot of the time. The introduction of hourly/daily targets causes problems. Some problems in lower management and work environment. Upper management very good however. Overall an okay place to work.

Pros

Non discriminate pay

Cons

Lower management & unrealistic targets

Friendly

this is a successful family owned business, and the top brass are accessible, friendly and fair. I always felt valued, but in retrospect the pay was poor for an Assistant Manager. I gave a huge chunk of my life to them and knew no better, but if I had pushed for more I sure they'd have accommodated me.

Pros

friendly, relaxed

Cons

Low pay

Pleasant , informal work place and attitude to customers.

I thoroughly enjoyed working at TOG 24 . Staff were always kind and caring and helpful to colleagues and customers alike . In an industry where there is plenty of competition I found tog24 capable of bridging the gap between the high end exclusives and the everyday casual market .

Good retail experience

TOG24 is constantly building on its trendiness and cultural appropriation. As a typical day at work, I would have to say it could get very quite and the store would sometimes be empty, however, we would always ensure we had at least one extra job to do, e.g. deliveries.

Boundary mills is a nice place to work with friendly staff. Unless there was a delivery I felt I didn’t do much during the day and would be rather bored.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Hours available

Warm welcoming workplace

Tog 24 - During your trip to tog 24 you are welcomed with a warm vibe from the staff at tog 24. The staff are also very polite and friendly. All staff are easy to approach.

Pros

Free lunches

Good place to work for a bit, nice people to work with.

The job was quite good, but i got fired for just being either sick or at a competition, i was only off when i had to be and that was only twice. I was only late once. other then that it was a very goo job and i enjoyed working there.

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Couldn't take a day off without being fired.

Productive and fun workplace

There was always day to day fun to be had in this job role. Very supportive management in all aspects of the job. Training was always provided in store.

Relaxed

A relaxed place to work Bonus scheme if you go over target Flexible with lunches and booking holiday Good discount on clothes

Pros

Bonus

Cons

small shop - can be quiet

Great shop to shop in, not work in

Target driven daily via conversion, after care product sales, average spend/up selling. Long days usually averaging 40+ hours a week. After initial training, if your sent somewhere that is, there is next to no support for further development. Rate of pay is poor! I was being paid roughly £6.70 as an Assistant Manager which is laughable. You have to hit targets and better them drastically and consistently to see your commission mean anything significant.

Pros

Discount, Non-Salaray, Great product range

Cons

Rate of pay, long days, lack of support/development

Fast paced retail environment

Working at tog 24 gave me excellent retail experience. It was a fast paced, buzzing retail store. I got on well with colleagues and was required to work independently as well as in the team. Excellent supportive management, I experienced very good employee care and support. The most challenging part of my job at Tog24 was christmas when the shop was so busy and everyone was in demand of service. However, I coped well and gained excellent organisational skills from this experience during the busy period around Christmas. I felt that my skills really developed throughout my time working at Tog24, the store grew so quickly and it gave me an broad insight to retail companies and the natural growth that most companies experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling, I have a passion for sales and enjoy fashion too. I enjoyed customer interaction and the satisfaction I got from a happy customer.

Pros

Discount

Cons

what its like to work here

In the summer the shop can become very quiet with a maximum of 6 customers a day. however in the winter the shop can become very busy and you find it a lot more fun as your not just stood about because there are only so many times you can tidy the shop floor. the factory shop itself isn't very visible or easy to find which is another reason why we don't get the customers too because its a shop completely on it own.

Pros

Two decent breaks

Cons

Can be long days

Good company to work for

Good company to work for, difficult working as a concession and balancing the two requirements with the parent building. Supportive co-workers

Great company to work for with good benefits and training

A good company with ever changing stock, a pleasure to work for. Very good bonus scheme and great staff discount on great products

Repetitive

Was a work experience through the school, Mostly packed and unpacked boxes. Helped and Greeted customers. Made sure clothes were to the top standards. I learned about the layering system of outdoor clothing.

Very productive and proggresive company

Managing and controlling 9 staff annual appraising and staff training. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing and making the team members feel valued. I have always learnt that if your team members feel part of a team then retention is very good therefore saving time and money in recruitment.

Pros

Family run business good contact with MD

Cons

Long Hours

productive life experiance

Learning how to mange a shop and staff doing daily routines and selling on a hourly basis,helpng customers and collegues. managment passing down experiance and knowledge to myself.

Pros

freebies when hitting targets

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOG24. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement