TOG24

Sales Assistant6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews

worklonghourstaffdaygoodcustomerjob

Okay

Quiet a lot of the time. The introduction of hourly/daily targets causes problems. Some problems in lower management and work environment. Upper management very good however. Overall an okay place to work.

Pros

Non discriminate pay

Cons

Lower management & unrealistic targets

Good retail experience

TOG24 is constantly building on its trendiness and cultural appropriation. As a typical day at work, I would have to say it could get very quite and the store would sometimes be empty, however, we would always ensure we had at least one extra job to do, e.g. deliveries.

Insights into TOG24

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast paced retail environment

Working at tog 24 gave me excellent retail experience. It was a fast paced, buzzing retail store. I got on well with colleagues and was required to work independently as well as in the team. Excellent supportive management, I experienced very good employee care and support. The most challenging part of my job at Tog24 was christmas when the shop was so busy and everyone was in demand of service. However, I coped well and gained excellent organisational skills from this experience during the busy period around Christmas. I felt that my skills really developed throughout my time working at Tog24, the store grew so quickly and it gave me an broad insight to retail companies and the natural growth that most companies experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling, I have a passion for sales and enjoy fashion too. I enjoyed customer interaction and the satisfaction I got from a happy customer.

Pros

Discount

Cons

what its like to work here

In the summer the shop can become very quiet with a maximum of 6 customers a day. however in the winter the shop can become very busy and you find it a lot more fun as your not just stood about because there are only so many times you can tidy the shop floor. the factory shop itself isn't very visible or easy to find which is another reason why we don't get the customers too because its a shop completely on it own.

Pros

Two decent breaks

Cons

Can be long days

Typical Sales assistant position

What you would expect from a retail store in the current economic climate.

Fun Workplace, Quiet Occasionally

A typical day at work is processing deliveries, replenishing shop floor, greeting and assisting customers and ensuring that shop floor is tidy. Whilst working here I have learned product knowledge on specialist outdoor wear. Management isn't excellent, as they do not really have a clue what is happening in the shop as they are also area manager, they also do not contribute in terms of tidying, replenishment which can make it harder. I work well with my colleagues and we respect each other greatly, we help each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job is product knowledge as there is specialist wear that has a lot of technology behind them and it can be a challenge to remember and take all the information in.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people I work with they make the job easier as we all look out for each other, also during busy periods and being able to help customers with ski wear.

Pros

nothing

Cons

salary and long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOG24. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement