Together Housing Group
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Together Housing Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom49 reviews

officeyearcompanymanagementplacepeopletimegood

The tradesmen are good to get on with.

If you're a tradesman you'll be paid well, if you're labourer you'll be on barely over minimum wage, your wages rises over 4 years to 22k. Too many e learning courses to take in for the money, there is job security but if you're waiting to get a chance to learn a trade be prepared to wait your turn.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Poor pay for labourers

Fun place to work

Roll up roll up, come join the circus. Want to be underpaid? Sign right here... Job retention rates are abysmal, tradesmen on these rates? No wonder they're short staffed and can't attract skilled workers. Not to mention management ideas 🤦🏻‍♂️. Still happy with your new job description? Welcome to woke.

Insights into Together Housing Group

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent

Together housing is a good place to work, been here for a few years, Together has given the opportunity to gain trade qualifications and progress to a full time trade position, great team of trades, management are approachable and helpful, flexible working and benefits are good, overall a great place to work

Pros

Health benefits

Most people are nice but management is poor

Management have massive egos. Can make juniors feel quite small leading people to feel unmotivated. There is a bullying culture which is not addressed as leadership do not want to deal with it and happy for juniors to leave. There is zero progression.

Stay away from this company

Nobody cares it’s everyone for themselves, do not work for this company , supervisors only care about themselves, same as managers , they wood sooner pick on you than help you

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

Best place I have ever worked

Honestly could not praise the company enough I have never worked for such a supportive company. I have learnt so much in the past 6 months of being here its busy don't get me wrong but it's never boring and always something to do. If your looking for a supportive company and somewhere we're you feel valued and included then this is the company to work for.

Poor

Cannot say anything positive about my experience working at THG, except for the friends I made and still have. So much potential but no-one seemed bothered.

Great time working here

My manager was a really approachable fella.A relaxed and fun environment to work in.Work life balance was superbPlenty of holidays on offer Great pension scheme.

Pros

Free hot and cold drinks. Plenty of activities to do. Good rewards for going that extra mile.

Hate my job

Used to be ok .Most staff were happy but not anymore . Management clicks . Management walk about with a smile while phone staff are under the pressures .

Pros

Wage benefits

Dread Mondays

Started looking for new employment as hate my customer service job at together housing. Weekends are filled with dread going into work on a Monday . The team of advisors get on well .

Pros

Office wage health care

Cons

Mondays, Management, no appreciation

Looking for a new job

Get paid a good salary good office Blackburn but the job is shocking . The only time hear from any Management is for negative feedback or if something has gone wrong .In customer services we all work hard but never a well done from Management. It would be nice if they showed some effort and took a few calls when busy there are enough tram leaders do do this . Most people in customer services i know have had enough so expecting high staff leaving . Hoping to get a new job by spring .

Pros

Salary, Blackburn office

Cons

The job . Management

Fabulous place to work highly recommend

Training for Customer Service is intense but is to ensure we have the best possible knowledge to do the job. They go above and beyond to make sure staff are ok with constant assurance and praise, training to the max but it’s what you need to learn the ropes. Brilliant friendly team, light hearted and the staff have been there for years which is a good sign. Love it here!! Have customer service experience is my advice, you need to put the customer first and be the best.

Pros

Salary, health plan, pension, holidays, lovely offices

Cons

Only con is would prefer a 1 hour lunch but you do get 2 breaks one for 10 mins and one for 15 mins

Awful

It’s a awful place to work, certain members of management are bullies. It’s unorganised and they do not take into account staffs thoughts and feelings despite asking for our opinions. If your face doesn’t fit be prepared to be miserable.

Pros

Rate of pay and benefits

Cons

Management and organisation

Challenging with good rewards

I worked in repairs for 13 years both on the tools and as a manager, thoroughly supportive company with plenty of opportunities for progression and enhancement, the down side are some of the long term staff who do not realise what decent perks and job security they have and who also would not survive in the private sector. A good place to work with plenty of support.

Pros

Annual leave, pension, sickness benefits

Cons

Can be long hours dependent on the role

Bog Standard

This place values its self on 'Together Team' but it is as far from together as you can get. Everyone's out to help themselves (Between functions even with the same trades) and step on you when ever they can so brown nose and get higher in the company. Jobs arrise for specific people to move up due to said browning of noses even tho they swear its not. Incompetent managers & work flow planners. Front line staff (Tradesmen) do nothing but winge and moan while always trying to catch you out to again brown nose instead of getting on with work. Un realistic time frames for jobs. They hold the odd team meetings where they tell you pretty much nothing and don't listen to criticism which is definitely needed, all it is, is management trying to make their jobs seem relevant while they are scratching their backside at home coming down on the trades to do more. All 'Procedures, policies, help & updates' are to benefit the office staff only. Trades are on the bottom of their shoe. Especially since corona hit the UK. The wage isn't to bad for the Locality of work and hours but could be better. The places of work let it down. 9/10 its a ses pit as no-one checks anymore even tho they employ people too.

Pros

Working Hours, Locality, Wage

Cons

Management, Logistics, Lack Of Progression

Dropped as soon as Covid happened

Promised the Earth, linger contract they were very happy with my performance, timekeeping etc already in two months been told I was going to be extended for at least another 12 months, took on lots of extra responsibilities then Covid happened I was dropped like a stone by phone! No thank you, no furlough leaving me jobless with no money could not get universal credit. Life turned upside down!!!

Pros

Great while the going is good

Cons

Not so good when the chips are down

Very large company, I worked in Halifax.

New staff find it busy, some issues with staff, clicks and bullying. Needs improving, lacks support and diversity in team. Lots of policies and risk management.

Pros

Location and flexi working.

Cons

Office politics and lacks diversity in teams

Avoid Newground CIC

Officious, bureaucratic, incompetent HR who fail to follow their own policies and procedures whilst demanding complete compliance from employees. Senior management utterly unqualified and inexperienced in the work of the organisation including conservation/horticulture but clearly felt they could make up for this lack by adopting a don't mess with me attitude and throwing their weight around. 8 weeks tedious online induction consisting solely of modules and tests containing numerous errors, with regular emails from HR putting pressure on re the need to hit targets. Poor working environment (office space).

Pros

Working outside

Cons

No training/support for trainee role, snr management lack integrity and trustworthiness and behave in a cutthroat manner, staff are not valued and are expendable, terrible communication, working for Newground Together was a shocking experience.

Management tick boxes.

On the good side all in all its a good place to work. Lots of stress. Pros Good salary. Good Holiday Good hours. Cons Management just tick boxes. Just a number.

Following relocation, to be told "Your child care is of no concern to me" put the tin hat on it

I won't trot out platitudes about the job. I will state that, I find office politics wearing - I'm incapable of ignoring inequality & matters that are, just, plain, wrong. However, assisting people & some fantastic team mates kept me going back. Yet, following an enforced relocation, to be informed, by management that, "Your child care is of no concern to me" - well... that put the tin hat on it!

Stressful!!

Staff are overworked and under immense pressure. KPI's are unrealistic and employees are treated like idiots while most of them have more intelligence and common sense than management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Together Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement