TONI&GUY

TONI&GUY Employee Reviews

i enjoyed working for the company unfortunately due to medical reasons i am having to pursue another career path. staff were helpful, education was great. a lot is asked of the job role everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up and the opportunities are endless. the management team were so supportive of me and my needs.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
sometimes stressfull
This is a Great company to work for lots of opportunities to get into management or head of training or even open your own business really fun working condition would recommend to anyone wanting to progress in the industry
Pros
Free hair doo
Cons
As a manager of this company being made to work all through lockdown 3 to 4 zoom meetings everyday being told to clean and paint the salons while on furlough. Only being paid minimum wage.
I genuinely love working here so much the staff are all so lovely, as are the customers! It’s a fast paced job which you are mainly busy all the time. There may be an a occasional time where it’s quiet and you just stand round for a bit. But that is rare. Your are pushed to show your full potential in this job it will help you to mature and become the character you want to be. It’s also great experience as a first job.
Pros
Lovely staff and customers
Cons
The pay let’s the job down it’s minimum wage.
Not at all respect me after more than ten years working at different salon and paid me less than who someone works in high street salon with no experience, working free many years in London fashion week, not any different for family person with single and young! To much politic, And finally because manager doesn’t like me they terminated my contract ! Simple as it is !
Pros
Amazing to train the stuff
Cons
Any time they can terminate your contract
This was the salon that won my heart, as I have met there those kind of people that you want to admire and they inspired me in my future carrer choices, they are very correct with the rotas, the payment and they respect you as a worker no matter what, very educated colleagues, and some of them friends right now. As any assistant you have the possibility of training in the salon.
Pros
good and in time payment
Cons
of course some of them were a bit bossy as in every other place of work
I was very quickly rushed in to do a trial shift. The manager barely spoke to me all day I spent over 9 hours cleaning and making drinks without any mention of the job. worked hard tried to impress I was barely shown around. At the end of the day the manager said "thanks, be in touch" never heard anything and wasn't paid for the 9 hours of hard work. I felt like I had been exploited.
Pros
Customers were nice.
Cons
Exploit unemployed for free labour under pretense of it being a trial for a job.
Toni&Guy was a great place to work as you do get to know your clients and you treat each other as friends. Same with the staff, they're not just your colleagues, they're friends too. Coming out of school to go into full time work can be a bit full on but you always felt welcoming when working there.
Management couldn't cut their way out of a wet paper bag. The owner/ manager once told me she wasn't smart enough to run a salon. I'm kind so I said she was, but in reality, by her own admission, owning a salon was the equivalent to owning a nice handbag.
would never work for the company ever again. the pay is awful. Minimum wage for working like a dog. not a liveable wage at all. management is awful. the manager is going out with one of the stylists and is very inappropriate with many of the girls that work that and messages one of the apprentices in not a manager way. its one of the worse places I have ever worked in my life. I have never felt so demotivated in all my life. I'm not saying they are all like this but the Dorchester branch is awful and needs a whole new management. very unfair mistreatment to some and not to others. just sadly not what you would expect from such a big company.
Workplace culture is busy with customers and salon hygiene. Typical 8 hours working day, shifts changing weekly. Learned and improved my skills thanks to company education policy. Learned to work independently and as a part of team, multitasking.
My experience was really helpful and beneficial for my development because of the every day contact with so many customers as you are working in a really fast pace environment. The only thing that i would like to be changed is the way the management is on the salon. Like more tests and preparation about the selection who is the proper person for this position. Also a little bit more time for training could be good.
It was okay but you have to be consistent and fast because it’ll normally be busy and you have to make sure everything clean and ready for the staff to use
Hours are very long All staff are polite It’s frustrating sometimes when the client doesn’t know what she wants and you need to patient with the client so you can understand and solve problems I Love blow drying and colouring
It is a fast paced and fun environment, with a great team who work hard and deliver excellent results, customer service and a can do attitude. Would highly recommend.
fantastic training provided, fast paced busy working salon. Training provided fantastic, however not much incentive to earn the salon more money and dont see alot of it yourself
Pros
Training
Cons
Money
Great atmosphere, very professional, fast paced so never boring. Pay is good, staff are all friendly. Being in the city centre meant lots of walk in clients so there was never a dull moment
I worked for this company from age 16-22 and reaped no real rewards. The manager would have us cleaning skirt boards with tint brushes for minimum wage. God forbid you were unwell. No a nice atmosphere to work in but I wanted training and I was naive and did not know my worth at that age. Now at 28 I work as a nurse and would never work for a company like them again. Luckily, thafranchise has now closed
Absolutely love working for Toni&Guy, the staff are super friendly and I never felt out of place. Everyone has great personalities which makes its quite a fun work place.
Toni and guy was a challenging experience but also a lot of fun the training was amazing but how the assistants got treated wasn’t always the best. But overall a great experience loving welcome group of very talented stylists.
Overall working for Toni&Guy is a great experience. It takes hard work and dedication but brings out the best in you. You meet amazing people who work for the company but also get to interact with lovely clientele.
  1. Employee reviews