Tonkin Recovery Ltd

Tonkin Recovery Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

No training, it can take a long time to get repairs done on the waggons.

I enjoy the work, but the pay is not what I would expect, and training is not what you should expect, as it doesn't exist.Absolutely no recognition of things like Christmas and new year, not even a Xmas card far less pay rates for bank holidays. Reporting falts and you are wondering if anyone is actually reading it it toke over 4 months in the winter time get a heater fixed and plenty of other faults that are still haven't been fixed.

Pros

Discount on car services

Cons

Pay could be better and training needs to be better

What a joke of a company

Meeting with boss at a services got offered the job there and then.foind out they break all the rules 2 suit them transport manager is another joke if your desperate crack on but they always advertise family run company that are a bunch of clowns

Pros

Non

Cons

To many

Insights into Tonkin Recovery Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Good money, no two days are the same.

Everything day is different, you could be picking up cars from the roadside, or attending rta’s to pick up vehicles that are 15 foot down a ditch etc you could get sent anyway in the south west. great job if you like to put the hours. Mostly enjoyable too!

Pros

Great pay, Good work with no limit to overtime

Cons

Can sometimes be unsociable hours

Very well looked after as a staff member but not the place to work if you expect to be spoon fed or looking for an easy ride.Lots of new vehicles bought in time I was there. Lots of hours available.

Pros

Pay on time, plenty of hours available

Cons

If you don’t ask you don’t get so if you go to work there be proactive

No work life balance, no backup when needed, no ppe supplied everything seems a problem to managers,

Do not join this shower Left and right hand have no idea what the other is doing and one expects the other to have done it. No backup on the road if needed, no backup with ppe or equipment eg gloves, engine oil, parts etc. This company expect you to work all the ours you can then expect you to carry on when you shouldn't, I often done 20+ hours

Glad I left

Horrible place to work . They force you to work over 13 hours a day then oncall . Money is poor and they'll take on anyone . Make there own rules up .

Pros

They pay on time

Hardworking

I least enjoyed working for this Company as there were shifts involved. My children were all under the age of 10, and ended up spending less time with them at the time, As the job went on, the hours were increased more and more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tonkin Recovery Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement