Torridge District Council

Torridge District Council Employee Reviews

Job and finish is a joke. The harder and faster you work. The earlier you complete your round you will at some point get extra work put on your round as new housing estates are built.
Torridge district council was a great place to work I was there 11 happy years I would still be there now but had few things going on in my life at that time so ended up leaven the management was great but I ended up leaven
Can go for an interview with NVQ in waste management everything they need for the job. Then ring you up tell you everything was excellent your knowledge your NVQ but we giving a job to someone else
Badly managed office. No job satisfaction. No respect for the work carried out. No support. Lovely colleagues. Poor office environment. Good hours. Reasonable pay.
Local government has been squeezed and squeezed, wages have been static for 9 years, minimum wage increases have devalued workers on not much over minimum wage. More and more is expected fof no reward. Retiered council workers pensions have risen year on year, while employed workers are working harder for less money.
Pros
Flexible working, good pension, job security
Cons
Bad leadership, political
this job was the greatest I've had yet and I really miss the place. Wish I could rejoin but can't now. the management is great because I was part of it. I highly recommend working for an organisation like this as there are so many opportunities to grow within the office!
Each day was different, with a new challenge. I gained a tremendous amount of job satisfaction. I loved to be able to solve people's problems and queries.
short term contract, reviewed and improved their backup and disaster recovery processes.
Receiving telephone complaints and queries I learned how to deal with various members of the public It is very difficult sometimes to deal with extremely angry people, but I am able to calm them down and discuss their issues The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching a satisfactory conclusion
Pros
Near shops
Cons
Noisy because of refuse vehicles
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Torridge District Council?