Total Care Services

Total Care Services Employee Reviews

The homes that we are sent can be challenging but total care are at the end of the phone to always help with any doubt staff are very friendly and work is always steady
I have been with TCS for almost 2 years and I’m certain I will remain with them for a much greater duration.Shifts are highly flexible leaving to you to decide from one week to another what days suit you best to work, something as a younger and busy adult I highly appreciate as plans are always changing. The management are always friendly and helpful. Not once have I ever been hesitant to call whether it’s something small or for a more sensitive matter, the management are always professional but ensure to make you feel comfortable.If you’re looking for a second income or to make Total Care Services your full time employment I can ensure that the management will accommodate your needs. Overall Total Care Services is a great company to work for and I personally have nothing but praise towards them.
Pros
Flexible hours from one week to the next, Great Management, Travelling to different places which helps to grow confidence.
I’ve been working for TCS for nearly 2 years, I’ve never had a problem with them. The office staff always friendly and accommodating. I really enjoy working for Total care services what an amazing company to work for, I would highly recommend.
I’ve been employed @ Total care services since November 2020,Have always had plenty of work plus extra offered.The office staff are friendly and very approachable,Will support their staff if /when needed if a situation arises.Some environments we work @ can be challenging but that’s to be expected. I would highly recommend taking on work @ Total care services.
Pros
Work life balance to suit, Good hourly pay rate, Holiday pay, Support from management when needed
Cons
I can honestly say that Total Care are a fantastic company to work for. They have been very good to me, always supplying me with work, always willing to help and always there to offer any support needed. After joining Total Care part time, I quickly realised that I wanted to take on more and more work under them as they are the best employer I have experienced in my long career, so much so that they have given me the desire to pursue work in this sector full time.
Something I really appreciate the most from this agency is the way they treated their healthworkers with dignity and respect. Like in my case, they still gave me the chance to prove my worth by accepting me to work as a Carer not minding my past and welcomed me wholeheartedly without any judgement. They are also after every worker's welfare and well-being, respecting and considering all our options especially with regard to our work schedules. I am happy, inspired and grateful working in this kind of agency, an agency with "helping hands and a heart"..
Pros
There's always shifts
Cons
Best decision I made was to move to this company. They are fair and respectful and will help you all they can. Providing you stick to the availability you provide or update as early as possible they will always try to accommodate you.It can sometimes be hard going to new care settings (eg care homes) however if there is ever a problem the office are happy to help.Working with not just office staff but other tcs HCAs and nurses is wonderful. We are a good working team who help eachother out.My family circumstances do not allow be to do set shifts each week. So it is great to give my availability per week, some weeks I can do 2 or 3 shifts other weeks I may need 4 and I will always get those shifts I need (providing you give as much notice as possible).
Pros
Flexible availability, fair rate of pay, referral scheme, great office staff, higher rate of pay on weekends and bank Holidays
Cons
Going to different work settings can be difficult for some but it is something we get used to.
Working 12 hour shifts, plenty of work and variety of homes. Easy to speak to friendly office staff. Feel part of a professional team. Gained good skills and learning everyday
Pros
Variety of homes
Cons
Ive been with TCS since October running along side a contracted job but I've recently decided to join TCS full time as i enjoy it so much! The staff are so friendly and appriachable, eager ro help and give support in any situation and the "On cal" service gives you peace of mind that someone is on the other end of phone if you need them.From a business aspect the team is very organised and efficient and any issues or enquiries are dealt with promply. I feel a respected and valued part of the TCS workforce and I'm privileged to be providing services for such a good company. I wear my TCS uniform with pride!! I would definatley recommend you to join!!
I've been with TCS since October 2020 and they are by far the best care company I've worked for. Great communication, always lots of shifts on offer and most of all management are always at the end of the phone when there's an issue. Happy employee here!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
After working in a permanent setting for the last 3 years, this is the ideal job for me. The office staff are amazing and really helpful. Best decision I ever made was to move to this company
Pros
Choose whwn you want to work
Cons
Travel
I have worked with Total Care Services since 2019 and as always with an Agency, you get out of the role what you put in! As long as you communicate regularly and be responsive I have never had an issue with the number of shifts. You are expected to travel up to 30minutes for a 12hr shift which isn't unreasonable and it is weekly pay. Everything is explained albeit there is a lot of information to take in, but are given a handbook with the information to refer back to. Overall I have found them to be fair, responsive and supportive, and am happy working with TCS.
Pros
Lots of Work available
Cons
Lots of Work available
Job work/ life balance is 5 stars because they never give any shifts. Got to the point of begging for shifts every week.Not paid the same as advertised. Don’t ever ring in sick because they’ll punish you and not give you any shifts. Loved working here when I started couldn’t have praised it enough, but when new people start thats when you notice your shifts getting less each week. They pick and choose when they’ll give you shifts, always say they don’t have anything but unaware you’re friendly with other people that work for them to realise theyre booked in for minimum of 3 a week. God forbid you get a new job and need a reference. And don’t leave before your 1 year is up because they’ll charge you a full £250 for “recruitment and training costs’ even if you didn’t have training with them!! Joke of a company, don’t waste your time and get a contract with a home you love.
Pros
Enjoyed the homes I went to
Cons
Office staff.
Ignorant management, why offer jobs to people if you have no intention of giving them work?. They act like you should be thankful they've given you a job when they do nothing to help. Disgusting attitudes towards staff im. Dont care if something has happened in a care home which you want to report as long as the shift is covered.The pay is below advertised. Have to pay for dbs and uniform. Training is ridiculous, they don't put you through any of the courses.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Ignorant management
The advertised hourly pay is false. They won’t tell you that, and if you dare to query it when you sign the contract, they belittle you. A vile middle aged woman in the Merthyr office with a poor attitude. I believe her words were ‘Good luck getting £11 an hour in this sector’ when I queried the hourly rate.
Pros
Honestly the best agency I have worked for. The office staff are very friendly and helpful, the management have gone above and beyond to help over the time I worked for them, after having an operation they were very caring. Some homes were not the best but after speaking to the agency staff they will make sure you don't have to cover shifts in certain places.
Rude management, with hold shifts, God forbid you're ill and ring in to the office to get "well what do you expect me to do about it" pay rates are lower than stated in the job ad. Training is a complete waste if time, you'd learn more in a primary school class! Rushed and fumbled.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management very poor
Total Care as a company are loyal to their staff. If you have a problem its sorted straight away day or night. Work is always available you are never without hours that you requested at your interview. Travelling is always considered from where you live to the destination of work. Personally I have not had any problems with this firm, my work schedule is always as full as I want it to be. I have never had any issues with pay day, always paid on time.
there would be no work when you’d ask for work then if there was work they’d let you know very short notice and the worse thing was they’d take a hourly rate from you just for them sending you to work for example if you worked 12 hours you’d only get paid for working 11 eventhough you haven’t had a break they made me pay for my dbs with come to around £60 they’d expect you to travel huge distances between shifts to different homes yet there wouldn’t be a penny petrol paid back to you
great wages and provides with all the hours that is needed the care homes that you are asked to work at are exceptional overtime if needed. the uniforms are well fitted and provided the office staff are amazing and understanding to each care workers needs no pressure is put on you to work longer hours easy to get in touch with if needed
Pros
choosing your work ;oad
Cons
distances