Total Community Care

• Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Thoughtful management

Was lucky enough to have thoughtful managers that would often ask you if you needed any particular days off before doing a rota. Easy to swap shifts understanding about illness or childcare issues from my personal experience unless our team was just fortunate enough to have two good managers

Pros

Down time

Cons

Work 12 hours straight

Shocking management

Good pay but job wasn't the hours that were advertised. Non existent manager, met her once in 5 months!Lovely client though. No backup if staff off sick or on holiday. Staff had to do 24 hours when someone called in sick, emergency line not manned.Very disappointed with this job and left after 5 months.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Poor management and long hours.

progressive and inclusive

One of the best places to work. Correspondence and feedback is on another level.Payroll team is outstanding. No errors and payslips are online. Training Team supportive and informative Manager reassuring and approachable Personally content with most things.

Pros

Laid back and relaxed environment

Cons

Good pay and great office staff and managers

The managers and office staff are all so friendly and helpful. It’s nice working 1 on 1 with just one client as you get to know them very well. The only reason I left was due to the travel as my client moved further away. Great pay aswell

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Best company I have worked for

Total Community Care is the best company i have worked for. So much support from the management team. Well paid and training was always up to date. Good trainers and very helpful office staff. I loved my work and I felt valued and appreciated.

Pros

I have no bad thing to say about this company.

Very professional

The company has amazing work ethic. You always have support and any problem you have can be solved.The staff is respectful and everybody is caring and responsible.

Not for the fainthearted

The job in itself was pretty easy but my lack of experience let me down. The clients needs can be complex so bear that in mind. I didn't feel like I was trained or prepared well by the management but my colleagues were lovely.

Pros

Supportive colleagues, good pay for the area

Cons

Little job security, little training or support

Good company to work with, pleased.

All okay. Good balance of work and life. Management help you. My client control the rota, so all good. Helpful colleagues. Learned about spinal cord injury. Typical day of work is some domestic tasks.

Busy and productive

Total community care is basically person centred. Its all about working as to what your client is happy with. My client was lovely so was the family. Great place to work.

Ok to work for but definitely clicky

Senior management very clicky If ur face fits then ur ok... if not u will be pulled up for the smallest detail eg filing errors Salary good Have good lifestyle plus home life balance

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Clicky

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Total Community Care?

A decent company

I worked here for 10 months during this time the actual company were amazing and couldn’t have been any better. The work itself wasn’t too bad however I believe it depends client to client. If you and your client do not get on it could be a very long shift as my shifts were a minimum of 12 hours and could be as long as 48/72.

Pros

The business company itself

Cons

If client doesn’t like you it can be rough

Excellent

Absolutely love working here, great company with lots of support. I don’t have loads of experience but that’s okay because total community care give me all the support I need, wouldn’t go anywhere else

Pros

Support given

Cons

Rotas being messed up.

Fantastic company, but it is all made special by your client

As my title says, it is all about the bond you make with your client which makes this job what it is, my client was absolutely fantastic, I often think of them and hope they’re doing well! The management when I was there, was not very helpful. Would always mess up the rota and expect you to find your own cover for days you had told her you could not work already. Great training was give , and support is always available Live in care is great for work/ social balance as you work 3/4 days and then are off Should get paid more for nights

No management skills

There is not enough training. Your thrown in the deep end and your on your own. Staff are just a number that are easily replaced. Depending on where your placed you could be sitting doing nothing most the day or mucking out horses.

Complex and Rewarding

A typical day at work involved personal care and administering medication including controlled drugs. I learned how care for a tracheostomy, to give suction and cough assist. The workplace was fairly relaxed and management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of this job was taking the client on outings.

Here is my review

The responsibilities dont meet the salary requirements especially surviving todays living cost. The training levels are great and managment are very good and over all company is a lovely company to work for. The other thing is this position looking after your client if the pass you are left with no job position. s

Great training and kept informed through care managers

Great company to work for training is fantastic.Unfortunately being with only one client in the area and no others around job security would be better if there was more clients within the area.

hca

i enjoy working for tcc fully supported from line manager nurse trainer and clinical leads,rolling rota, 28 days paid holiday yearly, continous training as and when when needed, nurse and trainer visiting monthly to support and update any training needs required

One of the best jobs

This was one of the best company I worked for. Helpful friendly, supportive over any problem management were lovely , what can I say is that I would highly recommend this company .

A good care company

I had a very good experience while working for TCC. I developed a very good working relationship with the clients I was given and enjoyed working in a mostly supportive and caring team.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Frequent 3 day shifts

Not a bad place to work

There is no typical day at work! I've learned different ways of caring for human beings and what can be done to get around the difficulties of a particular disability. The hardest part of the job is knowing what I am doing can be hurting my client and that they are in pain or discomfort but I have to do it for their health and welfare (eg bowel management)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Total Community Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?