Total Community Care

• Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Thoughtful management

Was lucky enough to have thoughtful managers that would often ask you if you needed any particular days off before doing a rota. Easy to swap shifts understanding about illness or childcare issues from my personal experience unless our team was just fortunate enough to have two good managers

Pros

Down time

Cons

Work 12 hours straight

Shocking management

Good pay but job wasn't the hours that were advertised. Non existent manager, met her once in 5 months!Lovely client though. No backup if staff off sick or on holiday. Staff had to do 24 hours when someone called in sick, emergency line not manned.Very disappointed with this job and left after 5 months.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Poor management and long hours.

Good pay and great office staff and managers

The managers and office staff are all so friendly and helpful. It’s nice working 1 on 1 with just one client as you get to know them very well. The only reason I left was due to the travel as my client moved further away. Great pay aswell

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Best company I have worked for

Total Community Care is the best company i have worked for. So much support from the management team. Well paid and training was always up to date. Good trainers and very helpful office staff. I loved my work and I felt valued and appreciated.

Pros

I have no bad thing to say about this company.

Not for the fainthearted

The job in itself was pretty easy but my lack of experience let me down. The clients needs can be complex so bear that in mind. I didn't feel like I was trained or prepared well by the management but my colleagues were lovely.

Pros

Supportive colleagues, good pay for the area

Cons

Little job security, little training or support

Busy and productive

Total community care is basically person centred. Its all about working as to what your client is happy with. My client was lovely so was the family. Great place to work.

Complex and Rewarding

A typical day at work involved personal care and administering medication including controlled drugs. I learned how care for a tracheostomy, to give suction and cough assist. The workplace was fairly relaxed and management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of this job was taking the client on outings.

Great training and kept informed through care managers

Great company to work for training is fantastic.Unfortunately being with only one client in the area and no others around job security would be better if there was more clients within the area.

hca

i enjoy working for tcc fully supported from line manager nurse trainer and clinical leads,rolling rota, 28 days paid holiday yearly, continous training as and when when needed, nurse and trainer visiting monthly to support and update any training needs required

A good care company

I had a very good experience while working for TCC. I developed a very good working relationship with the clients I was given and enjoyed working in a mostly supportive and caring team.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Frequent 3 day shifts

Not a bad place to work

There is no typical day at work! I've learned different ways of caring for human beings and what can be done to get around the difficulties of a particular disability. The hardest part of the job is knowing what I am doing can be hurting my client and that they are in pain or discomfort but I have to do it for their health and welfare (eg bowel management)

Rewarding and emotionally challenging

To spend a day in the life of each individual client living with a Spinal Cord Injury. Delivering emotional and medical assistance in their home. Promoted to Rover carer, working with clients in the South West and London area.

Support worker

The company used to be great but it’s changed dramatically. They used to care about staff members. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. If your client passes Away then you are out of a job or they’ll use you to drive to different clients to help out

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Bad management

Amazing

Amazing loved all 3 years I was there never had any problems all mangers and teams member lovely and helpful, standards very high and great in house training

Nice place to work

I had full training for Spinal Cord Injuries and understood that the company gives very professional care services and they have a very good management team. Anybody needing a high standard care in SCI can trust in this company

frendley place to work

my job is so rewarding, lovely people I work with. Have learned so much. The hardest part of my job is keep my lady's sprites up as she can get so down from her injurers.

Good pay

The days are very demanding and not always very nice. I have learnt a lot about spinal injuries. The management structure at head office is far to close with previous work colleagues having been brought into the company, i feel this is not healthy for the company and shuts everyone else out and make confidentiality difficult. I work in a very nice team of nine people and we all work well together, there is always two of us on shift twenty four hours a day. The hardest part of my job is that my client will never get any better. The best part of my job is that we keep him well and out of hospital.

Pros

Get to go on days out with my client

Cons

unsociable hours and long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement