Total Community Care

Total Community Care Management reviews

Clear

Best company I have worked for

Total Community Care is the best company i have worked for. So much support from the management team. Well paid and training was always up to date. Good trainers and very helpful office staff. I loved my work and I felt valued and appreciated.

Pros

I have no bad thing to say about this company.

Shocking management

Good pay but job wasn't the hours that were advertised. Non existent manager, met her once in 5 months!Lovely client though. No backup if staff off sick or on holiday. Staff had to do 24 hours when someone called in sick, emergency line not manned.Very disappointed with this job and left after 5 months.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Poor management and long hours.

Not for the fainthearted

The job in itself was pretty easy but my lack of experience let me down. The clients needs can be complex so bear that in mind. I didn't feel like I was trained or prepared well by the management but my colleagues were lovely.

Pros

Supportive colleagues, good pay for the area

Cons

Little job security, little training or support

Good company to work with, pleased.

All okay. Good balance of work and life. Management help you. My client control the rota, so all good. Helpful colleagues. Learned about spinal cord injury. Typical day of work is some domestic tasks.

Ok to work for but definitely clicky

Senior management very clicky If ur face fits then ur ok... if not u will be pulled up for the smallest detail eg filing errors Salary good Have good lifestyle plus home life balance

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Clicky

Excellent

Absolutely love working here, great company with lots of support. I don’t have loads of experience but that’s okay because total community care give me all the support I need, wouldn’t go anywhere else

Pros

Support given

Cons

Rotas being messed up.

Fantastic company, but it is all made special by your client

As my title says, it is all about the bond you make with your client which makes this job what it is, my client was absolutely fantastic, I often think of them and hope they’re doing well! The management when I was there, was not very helpful. Would always mess up the rota and expect you to find your own cover for days you had told her you could not work already. Great training was give , and support is always available Live in care is great for work/ social balance as you work 3/4 days and then are off Should get paid more for nights

Complex and Rewarding

A typical day at work involved personal care and administering medication including controlled drugs. I learned how care for a tracheostomy, to give suction and cough assist. The workplace was fairly relaxed and management were supportive. The most enjoyable part of this job was taking the client on outings.

One of the best jobs

This was one of the best company I worked for. Helpful friendly, supportive over any problem management were lovely , what can I say is that I would highly recommend this company .

Not a bad place to work

There is no typical day at work! I've learned different ways of caring for human beings and what can be done to get around the difficulties of a particular disability. The hardest part of the job is knowing what I am doing can be hurting my client and that they are in pain or discomfort but I have to do it for their health and welfare (eg bowel management)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Total Community Care?

Support worker

The company used to be great but it’s changed dramatically. They used to care about staff members. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. If your client passes Away then you are out of a job or they’ll use you to drive to different clients to help out

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Bad management

Nice place to work

I had full training for Spinal Cord Injuries and understood that the company gives very professional care services and they have a very good management team. Anybody needing a high standard care in SCI can trust in this company

Good pay

The days are very demanding and not always very nice. I have learnt a lot about spinal injuries. The management structure at head office is far to close with previous work colleagues having been brought into the company, i feel this is not healthy for the company and shuts everyone else out and make confidentiality difficult. I work in a very nice team of nine people and we all work well together, there is always two of us on shift twenty four hours a day. The hardest part of my job is that my client will never get any better. The best part of my job is that we keep him well and out of hospital.

Pros

Get to go on days out with my client

Cons

unsociable hours and long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • Total Community Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?