Towergate Insurance

Towergate Insurance Employee Reviews

all training was provided and other colleagues are very willing to help you if you ask.the management are always there if you have an queries.although you are on a time schedule, if you ask for time away, they usually allow it.
•Poor pay for the work you are asked to complete. •Little to no progression within my office. •Processes/resources that don’t work. •Severely understaffed in some areas. •Ideology that you are just a number/percentage contributing towards the company’s income. •Few team leaders very unprofessional at times. •Difficult and ever changing bonus parameters. •Having to practically work overtime with no pay/compensation. •Company does not seem to value or appreciate its employees.One positive I can draw from this job is the peopleI’ve met. My colleagues are all very friendly and helpful and I’ve made several friends within my time here.If you’re looking for something temporary, or close to home then this may be somewhere for you but if you’re looking for respect, long term career prospects and a fair wage, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
Pros
Colleagues.
Cons
Poor wage, stressful.
It’s hard work with barely minimum wage pay! The Team leaders are all really young so there isn’t much room for progression, they do offer courses you can go on but there are so many people on them there’s not really much chance of promotion at the end of it. Shifts are 9-530, 9-630 for 4 days and a Saturday 9-1, and then 10.30-7 on a rotation. Parking is a nightmare there’s a car park opposite but you have to get in there by 8am to get a space and getting out on the 5.30 shift is really difficult too. Money is 16500 you do get a monthly bonus if you hit targets and pass your audits , but as we’ve just learned they can take this away and drop it any time !! I do not recommend you work here.On the plus side the people on the floor are lovely I’ve made great friends and there’s always someone willing to help
Pros
The people
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
I have seen them ‘get rid’ of faces that don’t fit or people who won’t be a puppet and dare to stand up for themselves - if they want you gone they’ll find a way, that said a tribunal on unfair dismissal soon put them right !!
Pros
Met some good friends
Cons
To many to mention
They lie in the interview to get you interested and when you carry the teams workload they don’t take that into consideration when other positions become available. They expect you to take on others work when they leave alongside your own and expect it to take the same amount of time as your own work. Not a nice atmosphere.
Pros
Casual Friday
Cons
Don’t take feelings into consideration eg stress
Good company to work for not enough progression through success good pay good benefits great location in manchester great people and staff are amazing
Very knowledgeable staff and a friendly place to work. Lots of support and advice where needed and you are well looked after. Can be quiet at some points during the year
Low pay and no promotion chances. No work life balance. No working from home allowed even though my role would be able to. Wouldn’t recommend them as an employer.
10 min breaks were introduced. Management said this. "if you abuse this they will be taken away" sums up the management style to treat adults like primary school kids. Management have bullying tactics of staff. Condescending and patronising. There's been a mass exodus of staff to neighbouring insurance companies in Telford. Seen employees reduced to tears at work.
this is a great company to work for with a great range of diversity throughout the company and all members of staff are great. very challenging workplace, with new challenges everyday with no opportunity to slack off at any point.
Experience at the company was very poor. Cooperation between management and team was none existent and most importantly not support at all. Communication was also a problem
systems they use are the worst, things could be much easier considering the systems are editable by themselves. it may be worth doing the job if you love over complicated systems and not earning the money to match, not fun.
Pros
resigning
Cons
management
Not a good company to work for avoid at all costs!!! They b!tch behind your back unless your in with the click! Poor pay and poor management they expect you to work all hours for nothing back
Complex, engaging and rewarding job job, Was recognized for work done and achievements. Was encouraged to work proactively and was involved in process change and development across the company.
I was with this company for just over a year and I was promoted to a different department within 6 months. The people are friendly, if a little cliquey, and they are mostly passionate about their jobs.
The office environment is incredibly hostile as a new member of staff. The management style used is bullying and scare tactics. The salary doesn’t match up to the amount of work you have to do. I would not recommended working here at all
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
a typical day at work would be selling professional insurance on the phone to customers, ensuring they are understanding of what they’re buying, taking payments over the phone and managing the inbox, a day was really fast paced and non stop which i enjoyed.
I was part of acquisition by Towergate so I did not go through the full recruitment process. As a result of the acquisition i relocated from east London to Shrewsbury in Shropshire
Pros
Local and good management team
Cons
Pressured environment
I worked in 2 departments over a 4 year period. There was not enough staff in either department meaning it was a very busy and stressful environment. Procedures constantly changed and you would be given variable guidance depending who you asked to help. I saw many friends break down over my time here due to the stress of working there
Bad company to work for. Treat you like kids. A lot of strict rules it’s not a mature working environment more like being at school with the way management treat staff. Childish office management & bad work ethic through whole office. Bad benefits and poor pay.
I found Towergate Insurance Company to be a very good organisation which I really enjoyed working for. They are a very professional company and cover all various elements on behalf of their clients within the industry.