Tradewind Recruitment

Tradewind Recruitment Employee Reviews

The team were great. Got work consistently. Very supportive when you genuinely couldn't work. Pay was good and you could negotiate. Very professional at all times. Happy to return till I get my full time job in teaching.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Because is contactual you can be not required at any point.
Loved working for Tradewind. Always had assignments to keep me busy and i was placed in environments that matched my skills. Always paid on time and at a good rate of pay. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Good skill match when on assignments.
Tradewind are simply the best on so many levels. I have worked with them on and off for many years and I wouldn't consider anyone else. They have always valued me as a professional and ensured that I am well looked after so that I am able to do the best job I can. Loyalty is important to them and I would suggest making them your one and only agency. 100% recommend. Great team in Nottingham and great company all round.
Pros
Valued, loyal, excellent rates of pay, professional yet genuine.
Cons
None.
The recruitment manager always let's me know if and when I am needed at the school. Trys to get me work close to home in a environment that I am comfortable with.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
I enjoyed working with Tradewind the amazing agency, Easy to apply, helpful consultants offered good CPD courses and Training . good support throughout the year.
Pros
trainings
Cons
n/a
I have worked for Tradewind for over 7 years in a number of different roles across the company as a consultant. The office culture is electric; full of life, laughs and a lot of incentives to motivate us to reach our goals. We work hard and are rewarded for the work we do. We get little perks along the way and enjoy company trips together which is such a huge high light in everyone’s year. I feel like this company has always backed me but even more so during these recent uncertain, unpredicted (all the ‘uns’) times. In an industry where mass redundancies are now coming through and with agencies who furloughed their staff without second thought, Tradewind has backed me, us! And I couldn’t be more grateful!
Pros
Management, pay, perks
I've been so proud to work for Tradewind, especially throughout the pandemic as thankfully the company has been managed to furlough many of our supply teachers which as enabled me to really feel like I can support my teachers and their income in this awful time. As a team we've been fully supported throughout, and motivated! Many competitors can't say the same and I'm so glad I made the move. High expectations but it pushes and inspires me to achieve more. Great Management team, brilliant pay and perks.
Pros
Salary & commissions, away weekends
Cons
I'd be making this part up
I worked at two other agencies prior to starting at Tradewind, and I only wished I joined them sooner. They pay the best salaries in educations recruitment, by a long way. They have great benefits including 7 weeks holiday, and incredible incentives. They put big focus on their candidates and pay them well and look after them, always trying to put them first. The support from compliance and recoursers is second to none. The management team are great and genuinely care about everyone. You can speak to anyone and they will be on your level. As with any company there are a few people who can be negative and don't know how good they have it, but there's only a few and they're easily ignored. Culture is terrific in London, lots of banter and working alongside people who are really good at what they do. Couldn't be happier working for Tradewind and completely committed to them.
Pros
Pay, Holidays, Incentives, People, Management
Cons
Hours are long in term time
Probably the worst recruitment company I have worked for, after being employed by Tradewind for over a year you would think their staff would be on the forefront of managements mind. Not with Tradewind! After feeling/being forced by management to work late, or being told directors are watching what time you leave the iceing has been placed on the cake by now being forced to go back to the office during the global COVID pandemic Tradewind have tried to divide and conquer by management talking to each recruiter individually and probing into why we are not in the office yet and when we will be back in the office. Taking no consideration into how we actually feel.
Pros
Nothing that other company’s do not offer
Cons
Poor management, Poor people management, Micromanaging, Poor Ethos
I enjoyed working for Tradewind recruitment as i felt everyone was treated equally. I was never short of work and never struggled to maintain a fair wage. I would recommend to a friend.
Tradewind go the extra step for you. They arranged a local interview for me, at a time and place to suit me. They have been extremely supportive and I would recommend this company to anyone. I would work for this company again and again!
A Productive and fun workplace. As a candidate i have always found that they were able to provide me with regular and suitable employment opportunities.
I have been looked out for with this agency I have received positive outcome when working alongside this agency. My consultant is amazing always puts my needs 1st very polite. I have received long term positions whilst working with this agency.
I really enjoyed working with Tradewind Recruitment. I was able to gain valuable classroom experience through this company. There were times when I went into a school not knowing what to expect but it was always to my advantage. I had never worked with a child with severe behavioural issues before coming to the agency and it was very valuable experience.
joined trade-winds and was placed starlight away been on a couple of contracts and enjoyed both had some really good feedback from clients. wanting to secure a full time school contract and trade winds will assist with this.
Pros
good pay scales
Cons
Headteachers not telling truth about contracts
Typical day at work is full of exciting twists and turns and there is lots of chance to view development in yourself and others. Hardest part of the job is duties, so thats not all that bad.
I can't thank the Kingston upon Hull team enough for this temporary job. All the staff were very friendly and the interview was very relaxed. Although I had previously worked for the same organisation for 18.5 years prior to this employment and have had 25 different roles, the role I gained was the best one I have ever undertaken. Thank you so much.
Pros
Job, Wages, Role, People you are working with and working for.
16 January 2020
Thank you so much for such amazing feedback! We're so glad to hear you're loving your role!
A supply agency interviews you and finds jobs to suit you in your area. I did this for a while and then got a full time position so left. I found the people at tradewind nice and helpful.
16 January 2020
Thank you, really glad to hear this, best of luck and should you ever need supply work in the future we would love to support you again!
Got me the work I wanted at a good rate of pay. Interview was straight forward and I didn't have to wait long until I received an offer of long term work.
Pros
Good pay
16 January 2020
Thank you, this is great to hear and we wish you the best of luck with the rest of your placements with us!
AVOID! Can't speak for the wider Tradewind Recruitment offices, so this review is no reflection on those teams other than the Hull Office. In my 15 years of teaching I can honestly say this is the poorest agency in the area. The communication I have received throughout my time with the Hull office has been very poor. Especially when you have to call them yourself to find out what's going on. When registering it's all pleasant and positive but on reflection it's all fake. I had no other option to register with another supply agency which in hindsight has been the best decision I have made this year. I am starting a full time role from September which my new consultant arranged for me. I wasn't going to write this review, but I felt other professionals or aspiring professionals needed to know about the experience received from this office. Please avoid or at least do your research before using this agency. Speak with fellow colleagues first.
18 September 2019
Candidate care is our utmost priority here at Tradewind, we're really sorry to hear this as it’s not representative of our team in Hull and the exceptional feedback we receive for their customer service and we would love to help. Should there be anything you would like to discuss in more detail please contact our Director Liz; liz.edwards@twrecruitment.com who will be more than happy to assist.
Good communications with staff and management Openness Works hard to get as much work as possible Friendly Happy Organised Put in schools that suit me and my style to teaching - especially SEN Hardest part of job is not knowing whether I am always going to have work or not but always given enough time to prep for each day when asked to work.