Transport for Wales

Transport for Wales Employee Reviews

I've been working at Transport for Wales for just over a month and I can honestly say I've experienced the best onboarding process that I have had with any other company previously. Management have been supportive and made me feel very much a part of team, this is despite everything being virtual due to the current pandemic. The culture of the company is fantastic, there is a strong emphasis on a work/life balance and it is enforced across the company at all levels. There is a huge focus on Diversity and Inclusion and I am proud to work for a company that shares the same passion as me surrounding this area. TfW have such an ambitious plan so the role is challenging but very rewarding. I am challenged in a good way everyday and my Manager is very approachable and supportive so we can get the job done together.
Pros
The culture
Cons
None!
Whilst working at Transport For Wales, we have overcome high's and low's which is an everyday topic one always undertakes. During the flourishing moments of take over from Arriva they have of course adopted great changes. For instance: Very good open door policy meaning you can always speak up and never have a North - South divide with Management and colleagues. The company values are in the DNA of all colleagues, Being safe, Being connected etc. There is always an opportunity to progress. Proud to be part of the new changes coming in 2021! Line manager is VERY approachable and is a peoples person.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
With Transport for Wales being such a young business, they encourage you to bring your full self to work, allowing you the opportunity to be heard and listened. I thoroughly enjoy being a part of a work culture that allows me to be myself which motivates me everyday. The business is young and growing therefore the work can be fast paced and days long however your work life balance is very much encouraged to ensure you manage this. The executive team and the collective TfW workforce are a great team of people that will go out of their way to help and support when ever required.
TfW is a dynamic and exciting place to work. As we're relatively young, we have the opportunity to learn from other companies and our past experiences to set up TfWs processes and policies to work right first time - putting wellbeing; efficiency and a 'golden thread' between what we do on a day-to-day basis and the mission - to deliver the South Wales Metro and to enhance the experience of transport users in Wales - at the heart of what we do. I've feel engaged, connected, empowered and part of the change that we're delivering. We have to be brave in what we do - often challenging the norm, and doing things in a different way - it means we can be innovative, flexible and always building with the future in mind
Pros
Free Tea!
Cons
Hard to keep track of new starters - we're constantly growing
I have worked here for two years now and I still love it. The opportunities are endless, and the team really encourage progression and continuous improvement, which I like. There is a lot to do so we work hard, however, the social side of the company is also great.
Pros
The experience of working in a "start up".
Cons
New to the organisation but the interview process was really well managed and organised. The culture seems to be really positive with great management who get to know their teams to the highest level. They care about the wellbeing of staff and seem to have a good structure for development.
Pros
Development structure and remote working
Cons
Benefits are slightly lacking
Having been working at TfW for a few months now, normally you would still feel new, but I certainly don't. From day 1 everyone was friendly and welcoming and I feel like part of the TfW family now. The SLT are not scary like in some places, you can easily sit and have a chat without being nervous. The work is good too, I feel challenged on a daily basis but I am not overwhelmed either. There is also tremendous support if you do feel like the work is too much. A fabulous company that I would recommend to anyone to work for.
As TfW is still in it's infancy as an organisation, there is a great opportunity to shape the future of transport in Wales. The Senior Leadership Team are accessible and open to ideas and feedback. The company culture is excellent; there's a lot of collaborative working across departments and staff are happy to help out where needed. The benefits package is not yet fully formed but is being worked on and looks promising. Salaries are fair compared to market rates and the pension and annual leave provision are good. I feel there are opportunities within the company to grow and develop.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Transport for Wales?