Travelodge

United Kingdom995 reviews

Found 995 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,048 reviews

Nice little job to have

Featured review

Travelodge selected this as a representative review
I started about 4/5 weeks ago just to earn some extra money for my household, and for the hours i do and my position at travelodge, I have had my first wage this week and have been able to treat my children with what I've already earned. It's a nice job to have, everyone I work with are really nice and have made me feel very welcome and apart of the team, from my interview till now. The days go fast as its basically non stop work (but not in a bad way) and overal a nice decent little job to have 👍

Pros

50%off bar restaurant and hotel stays

Official response from Travelodge

28 July 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to read your comments. One of the great things about Travelodge is our people so it's great you're already settled as part of the team.

Fantastic people and job

A fantastic job with good benefits, helps you build confidence in your own ability too, you learn to deal with all kinds of situations and have full backing of management.

Insights into Travelodge

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Hard work

Difficult for managers. But good company. Good benefits. Hard to be working on the front desk all the time. Workload is very high and hard to have time to do everything.

It's ok.

It's hard work but if you have a good team behind you it can be fun and the day goes quickly,Some of the management will just sit and complain and don't help then talk about everyone behind their back. Can be a lot of back stabbing from all staff.

Overworked and stressful atmosphere

At first it was a good job but then got really stressful. Was pushed to do too much work in little time. Was overworked because there was not enough staff. Rude managers. And if you are single and have no children, you are expected to work all the time. If you are a good worker, you have to pick up the slack of the other people who do not work. Never know when days off.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Overworked, rude managers, no life.

Nicy

I like working at Travelodge because we have a good time at work so I won’t be able to come back to work good experience at Travelodge the management is very navy a typical day at workso good what you learned how you me the beds and the room

Slow slow slow

Shifts are quiet especially when you've done the cleaning, customers are quite rude to you when you're the only one there. Management were quite lacked, lots of staff are always late, management don't seem to mind, bit gossipy. Waiting around alot if not busy can make the shift drag and make you seriously tired.

Housekeeping

Worst company I have every worked for the managers don't appreciate the staff they speak down to people over all a bad place to work that's why there's such a turn over of staff maybe higher management should be looking into why that is

Great coworkers but stressful circumstances

This was my first job and honestly I was really great for a first go at entering the working world, but this was only due to having great coworkers. My managers were very understanding and patient and my coworkers were lovely to be around. However, I was a university student and it quickly became difficult to balance both studies and working. I wouldn't really recommend students trying out here. I was also unaware that the role of night receptionist was a loan working position which wasn't great as someone with social anxiety. Surprisingly, despite working during unsociable hours there is a lot more social interaction then you'd think. I went into the position expecting it to be almost non-existent so it was a bit of a shock. I do believe it helped build my confidence and efficiency to an extent, but dealing with tired, drunk and often just rude customers alone at night wasn't pleasant. Night receptionist is also a more active position than people might think, you will be expected to handle portering, paper work, cooking, cleaning and being on call at any moment for guests, among other jobs.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Long hours, Lone working

Great Interview Process

I have had my telephone interview and I am really happy with how it went, the assistant manager made me feel so at ease and made me feel so encouraged. I am going in person in a few days so fingers crossed it goes well!

Fun workplace

I have recently started working here. My colleagues are all helpful and friendly. The management team are good here. So far I love it and the customers too.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Quiet periods make shift seem longer.

Stressful work place - Housekeeping

You are given around 20mins to fully complete a room no matter the state it was left in. Whilst the managers/supervisors are generally supportive they do cause a lot of stress about timings being perfect on busy days. This is hands down the most stressful job I have ever worked but I also do not regret working as a housekeeper because many other jobs understand that it is a stressful job and pay special attention to your application if it has housekeeping on it.

Pros

Good for CV and flexible hours

Cons

Hard work and very stressful

Eh its alright

It's alright sometimes feels like the jobs to do increased by the day and your position isn't just receptionist it's bartender, cook and cleaner Sometimes your working alone which can be inconvenient

Not a good place to work

Seriously overworked!! Expected to do a room in so many minutes when some rooms were disgusting constantly scrutinised but never praised. Made to feel guilty when having time off even for covid I was told I could go in!!

Pros

Discount

Cons

Too many room I’m not enough time

Mentally draining

Honestly, the only good thing about Travelodge, are the staff team members! Management doesn't seem to care too much about welfare unless you're in housekeeping, there's no real recognition and reward schemes for employees apart from housekeeping, as the assistant manager, I had to think of a rewards scheme for my hotel for the front and back of house staff because Travelodge as a company doesn't bother. The Salary is terrible for the responsibility you have as a manager, they are not competitive with wages/salary in line with most other hotels and they expect managers to be able to complete manager jobs and paperwork such as payroll and banking whilst also lone working a shift on front. There's never any labour hours, so always feel short staffed and also end up working overtime which salaried managers do not get paid for, and the salary itself doesn't compensate for that. My experiences there in the last 5 months have been fairly poor, even beeb emotionally blackmailed by the hotel manager because I had commitments on my scheduled days off and couldn't come in on that one occasion to cover staff sickness. The way Travelodge run things is just a joke. Very micro managed in all departments, like they don't trust their employees.

Pros

None that worth anything

Cons

Long hours, high expectations for little pay and expects you to sacrifice your personal life for work, the list could go on.

Not bad as far as jobs go.

Not a bad company, it is what it is in terms of work life balance etc. you come in and do your shift and go home I think some people complicate things too much. Duties are usually the same most shifts so it helps to get into a routine

Pros

15 percent more on nights

Cons

Nights

Very fast-paced job

Bad management, Travelodge is not worth the money. Hours are cut, they advertise at 9.50ph but you get paid less just look under the salary and the advertised jobs it's not the same. the supervisor is rude and management won't bother you. You are given 16 - 20 rooms to be done around 20 mins each. The job is stressful and the wages are very poor compared to other hotels.you have to be very desperate to work here.

Not enough staff, min wage

Staff leave and are never replaced remaining staff have to pick up the slack. Reception staff are also bar staff, kitchen staff, pot washer, waitress, cleaner and more all for minimum wage. Complete joke and at times very unsafe

started well

people just dont match the standards very good training but too many managers dont want people trained at a top level hotels old and needing upgrades

Pros

uniform

Cons

lip service

Great people, low pay

The team was amazing and really supportive including management. Shame you only get minimum wage as it can be a lot of work that needs doing fast. Also sometimes you find yourself cleaning things you really do not want to. Can be disgusting with what you find.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

poor pay

Not a great place to work and would not recommend to anyone.

Started position and was told that I would be working with someone during nightshift. This didn't happen, instead the person I was supposed to be trained by quit. I didn't receive any training, I was instead thrown under the bus on the third day and made to work a 16 hour shift from 3pm til 7am in the morning on the busiest off days on reception and had to learn and adapt quickly. I had to train myself. Management was really poor and treated people differently, . Housekeeping staff were treated like angels and reception/bar staff were treated badly. The culture was like a high school with people talking behind everyone's backs and day staff would sometimes be lazy to the point that night shift staff got the blame. It got more and more toxic. Wages were poor and I had to work almost every night just to earn a suitable salary. Customers would often complain about dirt in their rooms, mold, dirty cups. I tried to take pride in my work and do the best that I could do but because no else cared, a few months I actually had to teach myself to not care anymore and just focus on giving the best customer service possible as I had been thrown under the bus too many times. The only positive I can give is that its a gateway into hotels but I would only take a position if its a short period.

Pros

Some staff were great too work with, unfortunately that is the only positive I can give.

Cons

Toxic environment, low wages, long hours, management don't care, worst place I have ever worked hands down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Travelodge with

• Travelodge
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?