Travelodge
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Travelodge

Travelodge Employee Review

Look elsewhere for Employment!

Easily the worst company I have ever worked for. It of course has some positives, 50% off if you book a room with Travelodge. I enjoyed the team which I worked with, there is a nice solidarity between staff as everyone is overworked, underpaid and exhausted. I applied for Housekeeping 12 hour contract, and ended up doing 40 plus hours across multiple departments, with minimal training.Housekeeping, at times can be quite manageable on quieter days, however it is very physically demanding and exhausting - definitely the most underpaid department at Travelodge. At times it can be extremely busy and short staffed - with multiple days on rota in a row.Although staff are supposed to get breaks - you don't really get to take breaks - especially on reception or housekeeping.Was put on rota for reception with very little training, and thrown in to the deep end - even after asking not do to this department. I was then put onto nightshift/day shift housekeeping combination.Travelodge advertise that staff get free breakfasts - what you get is the left over food made - and you don't get the opportunity for breakfast if you are on housekeeping.Travelodge can charge £250 for a room at times, but pay their staff minimum wage for their hard work.Overall, not a great employer to work for, will exploite you beyond what you can give. Again, it is not any fault with the managers or staff, everyone works very hard - the fault is Travelodge itself as a company.

Pros

50% off Travelodge Rooms

Cons

Will work you into the ground

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

A decent job for students

My time at Travelodge was good. Hours were decent and very flexible. I worked in a smaller hotel so had shifts covering both reception and kitchen/bar.Flexibility makes this company a good choice for students. The team were also great, felt like managment cared.Nightshift can be a bit stressful when there's only one person working but there's very rarely any issues.

Pros

Flexible hours, free coffee, good staff

Cons

Often only one person on nightshift
Same roleSame location

Terrible company

Absolutely abysmal company to work for, you're only a number at this company and there is next to no flexibility in personal life. Pay is far too low for the massive workload you are given

Same location

Great company to work for

Worked as a hotel manager for 4 years starting in one hotel and then opening a new hotel. Great company to work for, the pay may be below other hotels but the job security, job enjoyment and work life balance is fantastic. Loved my time with Travelodge.

Pros

In job training, work life balance, job satisfaction

Cons

Lower end of the pay bracket.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Travelodge with

Learn about Travelodge in popular locations

• Travelodge
  • Look elsewhere for Employment!