Travis Perkins plc

Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews

Very fair company with plenty of company incentives, and opportunities to progress.Good rates of pay, normal hours 7 till 5 Monday to Friday suits the average person
Pros
Every other Saturday off, only half days Saturday.
Cons
All weather, can become tedious same thing day in day out
Poorly run company. Badly led from the top, supported by incompetent middle management, No clear strategy of where they want to be in 5 years time. Job security is poor as redundancies are there only solution to hitting their end of year targets.
Pros
Working as a member of the warehouse team (2) was extremely challenging due to the supervisor having no vision regarding new ideas and making the warehouse and yard more productive and a better and easier customer experience.On starting this job the condition of the warehouse and yard was awful with years of debris just left lying between racking etc which for a company that does pride itself on health and safety it needs to be addressed at this branch, product was stacked as if there was a complete no care attitude which again did not bode well for the customer.Customers and delivery drivers constantly complained about supervisors attitude and the condition of product which is bad for branch relations.
Cons
Travis Perkins are a great company and family oriented.Mangers and directors are always at hand to help. Great clientele tradesmen to retail customers.Would have never left if I hadn’t moved to Ireland.
Pros
Easy working environment
Cons
Early starts
Everything just felt like hard work the job it's self was fine. Everything is online nearly three days worth of course work to do before you start even if you are completely qualified to do the job without any coursework needed. My boss would not expect my p45 when I started as its all done online so I had to find the time during my working day to go on to a company computer and send my p45 off to HR. If you are use to working on computers then it's fine but I'm a hgv driver not a office person if I was I wouldn't be driving trucks for a living. The people where frendily enough but very office driven basically pen pushers with not much hands on knowledge. They use to route planning system to give you the work load but sometimes job aren't as easy as others but they don't understand that if the planner says it takes 2hrs 30mins they expect that be the time it takes you. I feel the company is just to big with no understanding of the world of a hgv driver or a world out of the office.
Pros
Most days was 4.30ish finish
Cons
Too big of a company to care about you lifeless brainwashed staff.
Easy job and decent money. Very poor management. If you not there friend you get know where. Staff will stab you in the back at any chance so they can get places.
Pros
Money, easy job
Cons
Everything else
Wages are poor for the amount of work you do, they say they are health and safety conscious but in truth only when it suits, they are a joke, your tracked every move aswell
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor pay and work hard for it
Terrible company to work for wages are poor, drivers are on different salaries, transport manager was useless, colleges were great to work with along with few members of office staff. Overall experience is I wouldn't recommend this company at all.
Pros
Training for hiab
Cons
Wages
Money is poor they say the driver has the right to say no only to return for it to be put on another lorry. No working under electrical cables but unfortunately some drivers will do it and still do
Pros
Cons
Im out of travis perkins
I currently work at Travis Perkins and in some areas I feel pressured most of the time which makes me feel like the job can be harder than what it is
Pros
Good team, good management
Cons
Physically demanding, poor outdoor environment conditions
Overall the company is great to work for, feels like a family management are very caring and take what you say on board, unfortunately the pay is very poor and can expect to earn between 21-23K a year which compared to most other HGV jobs is at least 6-8K short of annual salaries of other companies
Pros
Work life balance is great
Cons
Pay is extremely poor
I worked at keyline in canning town between 2007-2011 in which time all the staff were brilliant thats including management from area and regional roles.looked after me when I was off for 8 weeks massive mistake in leaving when I did .
Pros
Great company
Cons
Worst company I’ve ever worked for!! They hired me as an assistant manager to cover some holidays and told me to leave 3 months into my role. I was doing really well, got along with all the customers, staying late, using my own car for deliveries and then kicked me under the bus without a second thought. A nasty company!!
Pros
Never got a lunch
Cons
List is too long
Mangers are horrible to there employees i would never work for Travis perkins again i asked to get trained on reach counter balance fork lift they wouldn't train me i feel they only trained certain people ie manger favourites the management team most of the time didn't help you if you couldn't do something or you needed help they just sat in the office most of the time something needs to change with the management team . I wouldn't recommend family or friends to work for Travis perkins the job the people you work with are great but the management let the place down
Money driven , always pushing to do more , management have no interest/knowledge of driving law or vehicle condition. Its always somebody else's job . And currently operating the oldest and most unfit for purpose fleet in the country. Health and safety is only when convenient .
Pros
Cons
long hours/ loads planning
Not bothered about family issues. The management are a joke. Balance of work life and home life is non existent. You are treated like your stupid and are patronised all the time. The book is always past to the drivers or yard staff. Unless you work in the office on sales you are literally forgotten about until something goes wrong then you become top of the list for someone to blame. I would not recommend it to be a good choice of employment to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Everthing about the place
I worked for Travis Perkins for over 20 years and I enjoyed my time with the company. The job is generally what you make of it and if you want to progress you can. During my career when I was sick I was treated fairly by all the management. It was my choice to leave and I have no regrets as I felt the time was right for me to move on. If you feel Travis Perkins is right for you I would say go for it. Please disregard the negative comments from previous employees and go in to Travis Perkins with an open mind. I worked within the transport department covering compliance in the South East.
This company publicly promote family values but don't know the meaning of it. This is a company that forces cancer patient employees back to work before they are recovered, and manage experienced staff who were involved in fatal accidents and seriously injured, out of the business because they are still suffering physical and psychological problems. The best thing I ever did was leave. The employer has no morals.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, stress, poor management. Poor work life balance.
The worst job ever only just on minimum wages but expect premium drivers. Two days training then chucked in at the deep end when you have a problem just told to sort it yourself . Management are so travis perkins orientated they are like robots just programmed to say the same thing over and over .then they promote some little Hitler to assistant manager and it goes to his head its scary. Also dont keep up with tacho details which means loads of infringements also encouraged to work breaks seriously the worst place I have ever worked they go threw driver at an alarming rate
Pros
Close to home
Cons
To many to mention
Customers will verbally abuse you which it isn't a big issue, for some, and the company eventually they will investigate you thoroughly while the customer dictates what actions to be take against you. sometimes you might be lucky that you wont get a smack as a sign of appreciation from the customers while management applauding the behaviour. its hard getting a job at the moment but if you can avoid them please do. Managers have no saying as the are general tossers are the ones who dictate, third world country doesnt have this behaviour!!
Pros
Cons
everything
If your face dont fit you wont last five mins To many snakes that quiet happy to dob you in yet managers bend the rules and get away with it Managers all on different salarys certain staff earn more than others even drivers can earn more than managers some rolls they call managers but trust me your not you have no authorisation Mickey mouse hire company and bonuses well they might as well dangle a carrot.Some managers get away with murder like i said if your face fits payroll have no idea what they are on about its all done abroad ( tax saver ) your just a number but you will have to watch a silly video first claiming your not ! And last but not least !!! Over the top silly courses in branch to take the amount of people i know have worked here and jumped ship
Pros
Nice people to work with in branch
Cons
To many chiefs, hot heads
  1. Employee reviews