Travis Perkins plc

Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

good

its a good job to have and there are some benefits but i don't see why i should make thousands less then others working in the same rolewage could be better

Inconsistent and understaffed

I was there over 5 years and the number of managers I had I can count on two hands. No team moral which creates lazy staff so you’re fighting a loosing battle. Understaffed for years with no help from higher up. I technically had no manager on site when I resigned so I had to send it higher up the chain and still to this day have never had an acknowledgment. Poor management and above. Glad to be out of there.

good place to work

good company and supportive staff and management. A very busy work place but always new skills to learn and if you wanted to progress within the company you will gain support

relatively interesting place to work

can be an interesting place to work, but like all multi billion pound companies, it is easy to feel like a number sometimes with over 28,000 other employees especially when there is limited management roles about.

Pros

work balance

Cons

Large company so will always be a form of corruption down the line.

Good job pay not good

Health and safety. Told. Never to deliver under power lines and didn’t but they never seemed to tell the customer and every time I covered for other branches no other drivers seemed to obey this rule. Flagged it with management but because I would not grass on who was doing it they would mot do nothing about it. Only yesterday saw TP driver under power lines laugh some one will die soon In hamlshire 2019 If they will make rules like this make sure they are enforced

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Long hours . Only driver .take on to many jobs

Worse place I’ve ever worked!

I was the little over 4 years, I had 4 different manger who all promise profession basically, but I was stuck on the same tills by myself day in day out, and you could imagine how depressed I got doing the same thing for 4 years 39 hours 5 days a week. The store I was at has gone down hill over the years, and a lot of people have recently left, I’m talking 3 long term workers in one week, because it’s a horrendous place to work. I want to go to my work place wanting to work and enjoy myself, not feeling depressed and feeling stressed everyday, not right. Don’t settle for Wickes as your permanent job, use as a temp! Especially for the school levers!

Pros

Easy job if you don’t want progression and want to be looked down by the mangers.

Cons

No progression, no support, rude, manger will speak your private confidential business to other collegues, canteen room was always dirty

Very poor mangement

Worked at Travis for a good while. Co workers are very lovely and easy to get along with, very helpful. However, management is very POOR. Promises are not taken into count and communication is very poor.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Mangement

Fun work place and good staff

Travis Perkins is the company that i first worked at. The staff taught me many key skills like: - communication - customer service - patience and many more.

productive

Again this was a good job and hard labour and graft, I like working with the general public and helping out where I could. Downfall was weather permitting.

Pros

working on my own and in a team

Cons

weather permitting

busy and tidy

some people are nice and some are rude if you make a mistake. i learnt to keep the place clean and teamwork. hardest part was understanding people and what to do next after you done.

Pros

free hot drinks

Cons

8 or 7

Never fairly rewarded

Where to begin, been with company 4 years now, Ive only seen one wage increase when they promise a yearly 1% increase, you never get rewarded properly, you'll do all the hard work for minimum wage while the office monkeys that do nothing get paid triple, the only company treats its staff poorly to the point the moto is "can't obey, go away" you complain you get sacked, you ask for wage increase they make your job life a misery so you'll get fed up and leave. This job put me on antidepressants. Twice. So there you have it

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Very poor wages, no fair rewards and poor staff treatment

Busy

Travis Perkins used to be a great place to work (NOT ANYMORE). The branch I am from / was has a problem with shortness of staff and has favouritism. One rule is not for all. Have asked for development and a salary increase for some years but dosn' t happen (only for the favourite). They look after their favourites and not the ones who have been there years and faithful to them. Things need to change in order to keep their experienced staff before it's to late. So overall it's pretty naff

Pros

My perks.

Cons

Long hours. Saturday work. Favourites. Poor wage

This is getting annoying

I guess nothing comes for free anymore, even looking for a job costs time filling in nonsense companies force you to fill in to gain smething from you as a consumer.

Travis Perkins

Woudnt work for them if you made me long hours no breaks no appreciation for your hard work pay is poor for the work you do and only pay attention to health and safety when they want very clicky company one big boys club at the top of the company something that very much needs to be breached rather have no job then work for Travis Perkins

Pros

Staff and customers make it fun

Cons

Long hours poor pay management think something special

Travis Perkins

Loading customers vehicles and putting stock away. Driving fork lift. Unloading stock and checking it off. Helping customer with what will be ok to use for the job they want to do.

Pros

working out doors

Cons

Too many safty things to do!

Friendly people and great work eithic.

Great place to work. Great people to work with, customers are friendly and the managment are fair. Its is a typical 7- 5 working day which brings stability.

Pros

great people tp work with

Cons

pay is not great

Fun, fast paced,

Fantastic manager, supportive, friendly ops managers, awesome team...fun but very safe environment... best place I've ever worked!! Love the banter with the customers, love the perks of the job!

Pros

Training, ongoing support

Cons

Wage isn't great for the excessive workload.

enjoyable

i enjoyed my time at travis perkins everyone was every friendly and helpful, throughout the day I refilled the shelves and helped other employees with any jobs they had to do.

Pros

enjoyable

good place to work but management is poor

its poor my manager got into a fight with the assistant manager and all yard lads split it up and we all got sacked on the spot

Pros

5% discount and good money

Cons

poor management

Our workplace was easy to find and get around we stock mainly building materials

It was always challenging but exciting to be working with the team we all have separate jobs and some of us can do each others job which makes it easy if someone couldn't make to work. the job was manageable and we all like working with each other, I think the boss has the best team working in our region.

Pros

We was taken to great place for meals or just a drink.

Cons

our hours was never a problem 7am-5pm

Travis perkins is one of the best jobs i have had and would recommend jobs here to anyone. The staff are some of the best people i have ever worked with and the management are always trying to help you progress in your learning of every aspect of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement