Travis Perkins plc
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews for Driver

Spend to much time in warehouse

Not much driving and to much in the warehouse if you like working in a warehouse it’s the job for your .the people who work in the warehouse are helpful enough ,your not just picking for the next day but picking reloads as well and for Custer’s how come in so can get every busy ,there is a lot of small bits and peace’s to lean to find as well as all the plaster board’s sizes and types

productive and very nice and friendly warehouse to work

productive and very nice workplace , warehouse very busy and very friendly staff , management is very friendly to staff , nice canteen , nice car park

Bad company

Managers are all up there a***s. You are just a number. Don't bother. No loyalty Very boring no chance to improve yourself. I stayed there much to to long should of got out sooner but the opportunity didn't come along.

Dont bother

Management could not run a bath, its an accident waiting to happen, health and safety when it suits only, despite being told constantly about it, work life balance rubbish and no appropriate overtime rate paid

Don’t do it

I work at Burnofied Branch and I never work with so many brown nose people and even the driver there have would stab you in the back. Pay took forever and if you work over time you don’t get paid for it

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Managers

Busy work place

Delivery driving at Keyline is a demanding job, most day's finishing late. Co workers are a good group and everybody helps loading and unloading. You get all the training you need and more besides with ongoing cpc training.

Pros

Training

Nice place to work but

Nice, enjoyable place to work, but you can earn more elsewhere. All drivers are on different rates of pay, your new starter inexperienced colleague, may be on more than you and not work Saturdays mornings like you have to. Difficult job for HGV class 2, I don't think there is a more challenging job. This is good but the rates of pay do not reflect the skill. Long Hours, every other Saturday.

Pros

Work Colleagues

Cons

Wages

Decent company, poor branch manager

was pre-warned about the branch manager but still gave the job a go. Didn't enjoy it at all, the company seemed good and most of the staff there where alright but the manager made the job unbearable and wouldn't recommend anyone to work in this particular branch.

Pros

met some decent people

Cons

poor management

To many hard days trying to get all loads out

It was ok, sometimes hard to get all loads out in the day. Sometimes you were waiting for your drops to be put up. Good group of yard workers to help you. Management sent you out of your area so this was taking longer to get runs finished.

Pros

Discount card

Cons

Hard and long days

Avoid!! Over worked and under paid

Worked in the cardiff branch for a few months, branch manager is only there to make a profit and doesn't care about any of his staff. Disorganised builders merchant. High turn around of drivers.

Pros

Free hiab training

Cons

Everything else

Good Luck

Had a great time with the group for 5 years with no complaints until a new "Manager" took over and ruined the workplace for all his staff. Immature, stubborn and unloyal to his staff. I walked after only 2 weeks under his tyranny. In the meantime he lied about me to future employers about my work ethos and time keeping, which resulted in me submitting a formal complaint to the regional managing director.

Pros

Was great working with the previous manager and also the previous ABM

Cons

The new manager seemed to do whatever he liked without any guidance from the senior management, so much so his ABM walked out after around 2 weeks.

Good job. Average of 5 drops a day. Work from 6.30 until 17.00 delivering construction goods to companies in and around London. Pay is questionable. Mostly happy people.

Cons

No career progression, no equal pay for equal jobs

Management very poor, no communication with yard staff and drivers, no career progression and no higher rate for overtime. As a driver I found out that other drivers at the same branch and other branches are on sometimes £3000 a year less than me which is unfair. The biggest insult came after Christmas when the area manager send me a letter (and everybody else) congratulating me with a 1% payrise which in actual fact was a 2. 5% pay cut as inflation rose 3.5% that year. During the hottest summer on record they stopped giving us refrigerated water as we could fill bottles at the tap for free. The yard foreman got heatstroke resulting in two sick days and still they did nothing to keep us cool. Management does anything to cut costs regardless of employees wellbeing.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, chronic staff shortage as a result, low retention rate and anything else you can think of

Low pay hard work

The better you get the more work you will recieve. Work late lots and dont expect overtime pay, In 6 months i finished on time 5 times. You will work under travis perkins so you will need to understand their procedures etc. But the better option is to work for them. Hulls Keyline branch is notoriously low pay. Compaired to Yorks branch. Even MKM on the same road will pay you more for the same job. The drivers dont stay working at this place long.

Pros

Training HIAB in particular

Cons

Awful treatment

Poor management

Very poor managment. Have to ask drivers whats legal and illegal has they have not got a clue. Allways working overtime for FREE as they wont pay it. . Company is a joke which is a shame as it could be a good job

Pros

Store discounts

Cons

Poor management and low salary

Very clean and productive

Travis Perkins is a great company to work for everyone is friendly and the Whitehouse floor is immaculate, very nice place to work in. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Been here nearly 10 years not the greatest place to work

Poor company only interested in developing people from uni/college not people who actually know about the industry not very supportive either ..........

Bad work practice

bad saftey practice do not work for this company if you want to stay alive , training says one thing then once on the job its all thrown out of the window

nice bunch of lads

I worked as a temporary tool hire driver, following my 20 minute h + s induction i was out on the road delivering and collecting light plant and building materials, the hire section was under funded and as a result a lot of equipment was defective/ dangerous, as a result i injured myself and was badly stitched up by the management, the other staff were very nice though.

Awful Management Team

One set of rules for the managers and a different set for staff Some of my Colleagues were good, however the managers failed to help and support when needed.

Extemely overworked and underpaid

Tool-hire driver been here 2 years expected to run a tool-hire branch by my self on a low salary promised i'd get a promotion turns out that's not the case i was refused 2 personal pay rises and expected to do everything on tool-hire from delivering ,collecting tool ect to servicing to paper work serving on the counter. don't get me wrong i love doing tool-hire and i love the people i work with but its way to much for one person to do by them self's. Had to look for a new job as i can not afford to live on the wage thay pay which is a shame. 99% of office staff wouldn't touch tool-hire with a barge pole.

Pros

awesome team to work with

Cons

poor pay, lack of support from regional directors and ops managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement