Travis Perkins plc
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Good team

I currently work at Travis Perkins and in some areas I feel pressured most of the time which makes me feel like the job can be harder than what it is

Pros

Good team, good management

Cons

Physically demanding, poor outdoor environment conditions

Far from the best branch

Working as a member of the warehouse team (2) was extremely challenging due to the supervisor having no vision regarding new ideas and making the warehouse and yard more productive and a better and easier customer experience.On starting this job the condition of the warehouse and yard was awful with years of debris just left lying between racking etc which for a company that does pride itself on health and safety it needs to be addressed at this branch, product was stacked as if there was a complete no care attitude which again did not bode well for the customer.Customers and delivery drivers constantly complained about supervisors attitude and the condition of product which is bad for branch relations.

Poor managment

Easy job and decent money. Very poor management. If you not there friend you get know where. Staff will stab you in the back at any chance so they can get places.

Pros

Money, easy job

Cons

Everything else

Not very good

Mangers are horrible to there employees i would never work for Travis perkins again i asked to get trained on reach counter balance fork lift they wouldn't train me i feel they only trained certain people ie manger favourites the management team most of the time didn't help you if you couldn't do something or you needed help they just sat in the office most of the time something needs to change with the management team . I wouldn't recommend family or friends to work for Travis perkins the job the people you work with are great but the management let the place down

Bad flm's

treated like schoolchildren Nit given chance to progress Any mistakes made are severely punished, bad management across the board. Not enough breaks only 20 min lunch break.

Pros

Good workmates

Cons

Bad managers

range centre closed

made redundant when closing but would still be there now if needed. busy workload at start of shift picking and preparing pallets ready to load for delivery.

Overall very good

Management job description correct Co workers really professional Workload easy and achievable Best job and company in the area All theother companies are poor in comparision

Pros

Overall very good

fast paced

drivers treated appallingly .area managers laying off drivers before christmas when they have work is wrong .using money saved to fund pay rise for following year is just cheep .no loyalty shown at all.

They tell to go in and cover for everyones holidays

Then don't pay you holiday pay Far too many people only interested in what someone else is doing WERY SAD No uniform struggle to get a straight answer to simple task questions Management question ( what are u doing) The answer is far too technical for them to understand FAR TOO many stood watching Waiting for a punch up obviously

Not good

Got the job through an agency which the agency was great sorting it for me but then working for BSS doing a shift from 2-10pm by the end of it I realised that kind of job was not for me so I had told the agency it wasn’t my sort of thing but I wasn’t paid by BSS they lied about the hours I worked and couldn’t care less about anything apart from keeping there own money horrible place to work especially if you are in a sticky situation best thing to do is avoid working there

Great lads, rubbish managment

Great teams of blokes but management are shocking. Plays itself off as family friendly business but complete opposite. Punished for being sick or taking time off. Not great for wages either.

Branch-level is great, upper management ruin it

I enjoy working at TP, the people I work with are great, we have a laugh and get the job done, but there is a universal agreement that upper-management (regional manager and above) simply don't care about the staff they manage. I work in a branch with a severe need of repair work, the shop has no heating as the boiler is broken and "approval" to pay for the repair work has been pending for longer than would be reasonable. The lighting is faulty, the yard is in dire need of resurfacing, the materials shed is made of asbestos and literally falling apart. The one lorry we have at the branch is over 10 years old and spends more time getting repaired than it does on the road. I have recently learned that I am to be made redundant because "the branch cannot afford to operate a lorry and a van", and so my position as van driver is to go. However, that has not stopped nearby branches being awarded with brand new vehicles and the regional manager himself getting a brand new company car, worth well in excess of tripple my annual salary. This decision has been made despite the fact that the van provides a crucial part of our customer service, and frees up the one lorry we have to focus solely on deliveries rather than collecting stock from other branches and delivering "small" goods. The branch will suffer from the choice and everybody, even the customers can see this, only the upper management do not. All they see is "cut a job, save some money". They don't care about their staff, they don't care about their customers, they only care about margins and shareholder opinions, i.e. -

Pros

The people you work with at a branch level become like family

Cons

The company couldn't care less about their staff

Good workplace/poor treatment of agency staff

Work was easy, other staff are easy to get along with. However, some managers have strong negative feelings about agency staff and they enforce that when necessary, without a doubt.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Never become unwell

Great company to work for

Great company and great manager and staff to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for such and great and big company. Great bonus and great rate of pay.

Okay to work

Not bad company The good things A progressive and diverse organisation always looking for new ideas and seeking feedback from all levels of staffing to improve services. Given autonomy over your work and no micro-management. Feel like a valued employee and part of a team. Pays okay.

Ok

The boys are good to work with have fun and get the job done but the management needs work need to pay a bit more because they are on national minimum wage and for the job you're doing should be paid more

Good company

Overall good experience . Pay wise could be more higher then elsewhere .Great culture, supportive people, nice colleagues. Great discounts across the group .

productive

A work day in travis perkins was a nice day always had a things to do. I learnt how to speak with customers and how to come across to people. The work place culture was great cuppa tea in the morning and off to work u go. hardest part of the day was all the hard lifting and grafting.

Pros

people tht i worked with are nice

very busy workplace

A great place to work. a great bunch of people to work with

Horrendous

Worked there for over a year. Extreme favouritism in the workplace. OC's friends were treated way differently than rest of the workers. Pointed out few health and safety issues and all I've got in return was the OC's laughing in my face.

Pros

nice salary, that's about it

Cons

overtime is not done as overtime but as annualised hours, favouritism, health and safety issues

Good experience

Worked during summer and winter breaks whilst at university. Good hours and a good rate of pay. Managed well at national distribution centres. Would recommend for anyone looking for warehouse work.

Pros

Salary and hours

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Travis Perkins plc with

• Travis Perkins plc
  • Warehouse Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?