Tree Planter

Tree Planter Employee Reviews with Jobs

Hard

Tree planting is one of the hardest job you can have, but the harder you work the more you make. If you can handle bugs and stings and probably a few bears then you can handle tree planting. Prepare to cry everyday and make a lot of money.

best work experience you'll ever get

no better life/work experience out there that challenges you to the same degree as this job does. You will never regret tree planting because it is an experience of a lifetime

Hard-working environment with little time off and a way to earn your money literally with your hands. Competitive atmosphere which drives you to work

A typical day at work being 10+ hours to finish a couple Ha of land and to walk around with only a shovel and 40+lbs of trees at your hips. Planted on average 2500 trees a day for about 5-8 day shifts with one day off. Hard-work but shaped me as a person for my work ethic and appreciation of what hard work is.

Pros

Experience and work ethic

Cons

No showers and no time after work to relax

Productive machine operated work

Everything from tear outs to replacements. followed along by support and disaster prevention. Average sized crew 4-5 crew member at each site taking on task.

Tree Planting

Difficult work that requires immense physical dedication. Planting trees all day in uneven terrain. Have to live out in the bush. However fun and competitive environment.

Job was hard, but worth it

Most days you wanted to quit, but by the end of the day, you felt as though you actually accomplished something great. It was mostly based on trees planted, so it was something you had to dedicate to.

Pros

Great Atmosphere

Cons

Long Days

Lots of fun and lots of support

This job was really great. I liked it a lot. I had lots of great experiences with my co workers while living in the bush and learning to live off of the land.

Good Summer job for school student

I tree planted for three years and every year I made more money. I would recommend tree planting to anyone who likes the outdoors and isn't afraid to work hard.

Cool

Nice campany so go there you can see everything you can meet whit the people you never meet before nice food you will also see the animals now I know.

Great job

Tree planting at this place was amazing. Great salary, fun team, but the conditions are pretty hard, this is a hard working job, in any weather conditions.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Weather

wasnt fun

was repetitive and not my cup of tea walking and having a good time on the job is not what this is about its more of a repetitive work for others than myself

Awesome to tree plant

Tree planting I really like cause it's in the bush where u can camp out and plant aĺl day and it's on your own pace like if you get 300 seedlings in a box at 12cents a tree it's up to you how many boxes a day u will plant

Pros

Good money

Cons

Iyou have to camo out in the bush for two weekss

Fun

It was a fun experience volunteering as a team and alone. You made new relationships and your learned new skills, There was no hard ships i had experienced while volunteering there.

Good short term job

I loved the job. It was a great experience with great people. The work was extremely hard and i would not recommend it to anyone who tends to give up.

Pros

Food was amazing

Cons

work might drive you insane

Treeplanting

Hard work, seasonal, remote, camp lifestyle. Exceptional pay, no benefits. Pay is dependent on tree price and how many trees you plant in a day/ piece work. Worth trying.

fun environment

Very relaxed workplace, and flexible hours. Hours are based off of what the weather is going to be. Fun group of employees to work with. Get to enjoy being outside for the summer.

Very hard

Long hard days with purely commission based pay system. Soemtimes seemed as if there was a unequal/unfair distribution of land/locations between planters and crews

Pros

outside

Cons

lobg hours

Productive and fun worke place

Working as a tree planter would teach you a lot of skills. to be hard worker, endure all hard circumstances, working in a good attitude with the team.

Hard but rewarding

Very hard work but it is very rewarding. Some people make up to 1000 dollars a week but it doesnt come easily. Very nice people and fun to hangout with

Tough environment but good atmosphere

Tree planting was a tough job that required lots of energy and determination. A typical day included getting up at 6:00 to eat breakfast, plant trees from 7-5, eat supper, play some ping pong and go to bed. I learn't how to work very had to earn a good pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving to and from the working block every day.

Pros

High pay if fast worker

Cons

long 10 hour days

Productive and fun work place

Lovely environment to be in. Typical day at work is waking up early morning and leaving for work. Reaching the work site you are given a couple of boxes of trees and off you go. Plant till 5 pm or 6 pm and head back to camp. Enjoy a lovely cooked meal and socialize the rest of the evening. Same routine everyday for the season. Management is great and the co-workers are lovely people. Hardest part of the job is being able to push yourself to plant more than the previous day and give it your best. The enjoyable part of the job is being able to grab a handful of berries while planting and enjoy nature's sweets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tree Planter. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement