TRELLEBORG

TRELLEBORG Reviews: Working at TRELLEBORG

United Kingdom23 reviews

workjobstaffgreatworkingpayplaceyear

Nice place to work

It's a nice place to work, the 3 shifts take some getting use to but once your in it it's OK. All the staff are super friendly and helpful, they all know the jobs as most the staff have been there 20 years plus, that in its self should speak volumes. The only reason I left was because it was hard to balance life with small children around the rolling shift patten

Pros

Loads of benefits, from a subsidised on site cafe to great overtime rates......

Cons

Rolling shift pattern

Job's great mostly

I loved my work and the people were amazing. Its just the gaffers and leading hands. They pick and choose whom they want to come in on overtime expect you to have super human speed. And treat you badly if you don't. Talk to you like dirt. Generally abuse you. And when they don't want you any more send a letter to dismiss you. Not got the decency to do it thereself. Makes you feel really used. But the pays good and and other than that its nice environment to work in . Clean

Pros

Good pay nice environment to work in clean

Cons

Bad management /poor training

Insights into TRELLEBORG

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Best payed job in Skelmersdale

Top pay is £1900 when you have been there a long time some chemicals are worse than others but they only take on temps so hard to get a permanent job it’s not like your average job like line work I was there for 14 yrs just have to work your way up if you get a contract downside it’s a struggling business petrol goes down then that mean they won’t make as much money just a thought

Pros

The pay

Cons

Mad shifts haha

Agency worker

The job at trelleborg was fine no problems there at all. Due to covid thats why i left was told id be furloughed and by the agency . Was left with out pay for 3 months and told that the claim was rejected this was a lie no claim had been made untrust worthy agency staff in charge. And refusal to pay wages due to this persons deception.

Pros

Where based was ok agency no pros

Cons

Awful treatment of staff by first personell

Was a good job while it was there.

Was the same job day in and day out if you don't like that kind of work its no good for you. And some of the weights are heavy for a single person to lift.

Good

Enjoyed working there, was good environment with good pay and incentives. Premesis was moving location though and most were made redundant unless could relocate.

productive

good friendly work force. Good salary. Working with dangerous chemicals but safety measures in place. Good team building days out and activities for team bonding.

Productive and fun work environment.

Had an amazing time with all staff, no issues for me, until I had a car accident and was rung up the next day to find myself out of work with no real reason, however this was their agency who hires for them, and not themselves. Nevertheless, was a brand new challenge that I embraced and was happy to take but didn't make the cut. It very much so opened my eyes on what work can be like, enjoyable and engaging. As a young person I was making more than enough money to sustain any humble lifestyle. Management was consistent and thorough, keeping standards high and goals met. I found the hardest part of the job was accepting a new lifestyle to enable me to work better and harder, as I haven't had a job that requires me to wake up before 6am. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community within the factory, the workplace culture was hilarious but didnt get in the way of production. I learned that if I wanted to have a good job I would need to bend and shape myself to fit the needs, even if it broke me. Such as changing my lifestyle to fit the job, rather than the other way around.

Pros

Great for young workers

Cons

Very early hours.

For people close to retirement age

The job it self is easy, the management aren't keen on giving pay rises or help to develop further skills, seems as the only people that progress in the company are the friends or family of managers.

Pros

Tea breaks

Fixed term contract.

Worked on a pressing machine for parts and labelling the engine parts. I learnt to meet targets in a fast moving environment. Managers were good and told us the correct method to do the job. Worked as a part of a team. It was a very fast and pressure environment. Worked with helpful colleagues who were happy to teach new skills.

Pros

Fixed shift

Cons

Short term contract

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TRELLEBORG?

Trelleborg

Trelleborg are a very good company on the whole to work for. They support training and development needs and requirements. They however do not take H&S very seriously. Group are not focused on this matter and subsequently it is generally poor.

Pros

Training

Cons

Poor leadership

not a good place to work

Management do not appreciate their work force, you get trampled on, so that they can get their own way, I was pushed aside, to make way for a pretty smile after working 12 years there. That is what it is like, so if you like to be trodden on then good luck.

what i did

I'm very flexible and hard working,willing to learn new things and up for new challenges. I have good rapport working within a team environment. Excellent communication skills.

Not a great place to work

Shop floor staff are shown zero compassion or respect, work conditions are constantly being eroded away. The pay isn't bad from what I understand but I have worked here for years on a temporary contract with agency, yet my supervisor says I will be given full time contract but it never does. Everyone seems to hate it here

Pros

Cheap canteen

Cons

Don't care about the shop floor staff

Typical factory

Hot in summer, cold in winter, repetitive environment. If you have the mindset for never ending boredom or frustration then you will fit right in with people you will come to hate.

Productive and fun workplace

Its very good job. Always all workers come with smile. My manager was woman and she was good person, if i need take off for some reason she always give me, always help her workers.

machine operator

Walked out of this crapl hole and very nearly killed someone. Very nasty place. Very dirty place, your clothing will be ruined. No support from managers only grief.

Pros

Cons

no support

Demanding workplace

Worked as operations manager for 15 years with great success but in the last year decided to reduce my stress level. All together I worked there for nearly 37 years and enjoyed my time there

Pros

Company car

Cons

Stress

Productive and Excellent place to work

Daily work tasks given to complete to a give date. Learned a great deal about Buoyancy & Flotation. Working with my co-workers/management was excellent. The work was challenging and varying day to day. Enjoyed the everyday drawing/modelling and discussing the changes to the various products being produced to create excellent products for numerous clients.

great company to work for

great working conditions. Good wages, a job for life kind of place with friendly and welcoming staff and supportive team leaders

Great job

Each person had their own work area and was responsible for that area. Making rubber parts for the automotive industries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRELLEBORG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement