Trinity College London
Trinity College London Employee Review

A job that pays the bills

8 March 2017
My job was pretty simple, I was doing registrations for candidates coming to take the SELT exams. The job was boring sometimes and there were days when I had to work as a steward and been standing up all day. As a part-time job it was very convenient to come to work only 3 days a week for £1067 a month. I was a very straight forward job but some of the perks were too obsessed with the security.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Part time 3 days a week, free coffee and water
Cons
Rude colleagues, dull job, no benefits, no career development
31 July 2018
Same roleSame location
Registrar (Former Employee) - Croydon, Greater London
Unfortunately there was very little room for progression, which limits your targets and goals so there was only so far you could go. You had to work into your break time a lot and you would have to go over five hours before could go on your first break. Your made to search candidates like security guards but without real training and without a SIA licence.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
lack of diversity, no incentives, no room for progression.
5 July 2018
Same role
Registrar (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
The company does not respect basic staff management principles. People are not being paid for sick leave or overtime. Senior Management does not care about employees. managers are let do everything as long as they cover up all problem and mistakes. Lower level employees are paid little.
Cons
Atmosphere, People, Management, Pay, Culture
18 July 2019
Same location
Written Paper Coordinato (Former Employee) - Croydon, Greater London
Got in as temp but kept extending my contract. The line manager was quite mean to me. Will micro manager and treat me like I was trash meanwhile will treat others better me. She brought in a new temp after a few weeks I started and offered him the role I was meant to b doing so made me assist him. This line manager always got me to do the dirty work such as send me down to the basement and sort out boxes and organise the basement. After a few months the guy left because he wasn't happy with the job. The guy was off sick for about 3 weeks and handed in his resignation letter. This line manager was soo desperate she asked me if I could extend my contract I refused. After I left received an email from the line manager trying to reconsider had to stand my grounds. She took me for granted and she only wanted me to come back till she found someone.
Pros
Proximity- only 6 mins from home
Cons
No regard for temps