Trinity College London

Trinity College London Employee Reviews

I want to work during 2 months (july and august). I haven´t been working in any job but I have an understanding english and in a few years I would like work being doctor in England or in Irland so that is why I want work two months in Irland. I have a good memory, I am very polite and I am a formal person.
Pros
extra hours
Cons
low salary
I was put off with the reviews on here, but it’s simple you get out what you put in. I’ve had not problems with any management, they’ve all seemed very helpful. As working in any contact centre is tedious, I feel Trinity SELT is not bad at all, you are helping people make a serious step into allowing them to live in this country so you can take pride in that. As with any job, if you’re not there to take it seriously then you will encounter issues but they do not put pressure on you to answer too many calls, it’s all about quality not quantity which I like!
I am a current English language examiner at TCL. You have to jump through many hoops to get the job but then are at the whim of coordinators who seem to give some lots of examining work and others none. It's also hard to not take it personally when most of the people who examine are a bit older and white and you're not. They send emails about Black lives matter and standing in solidarity with civil rights but it's all lip service.
Pros
Good tours (when you get them)
Cons
Lots of paperwork, badly managed and organised.
Management didn't have a clue as to what they were doing, most of the time staff messed around and no real work got done. Day to day job would be come in and act like you were busy. Boring place to work.
1 particular manager always on phone speaking to their family and smoking. Just comes to work to do have a social and collect salary. Delegates all tasks. Change of working hours to work sundays with no incentive. Always short staffed. New jobs made for people who's face fit without any advertisement. Manager refund anyone 50% of who complains as they cba working
Avoid at All cost. Micromanagers. Really silly PDR and little room for progression.Really silly Call monitering system especially when callers do not speak English. Also alot of favoritism (good if your face fits). Ridiculous parking and on top of that a very rude receptionist. Call Quality marking inconsistant. Long hours.
I enjoyed working with all the team, worked well, very fair and appreciated each other, any problem solving was done as a team For me the only downfall was working weekends.
Great to work for a music organisation, helping the next generation and adults succeed and overcome the challenge of taking a music exam. Interesting to meet so many people.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
involves paid and unpaid hours to get the job done.
Trinity College London is a great place for graduates/entry level positions as it offers strong office experience. Don't expect to progress much though.
Got in as temp but kept extending my contract. The line manager was quite mean to me. Will micro manager and treat me like I was trash meanwhile will treat others better me. She brought in a new temp after a few weeks I started and offered him the role I was meant to b doing so made me assist him. This line manager always got me to do the dirty work such as send me down to the basement and sort out boxes and organise the basement. After a few months the guy left because he wasn't happy with the job. The guy was off sick for about 3 weeks and handed in his resignation letter. This line manager was soo desperate she asked me if I could extend my contract I refused. After I left received an email from the line manager trying to reconsider had to stand my grounds. She took me for granted and she only wanted me to come back till she found someone.
Pros
Proximity- only 6 mins from home
Cons
No regard for temps
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Trinity College London?
Unfortunately there was very little room for progression, which limits your targets and goals so there was only so far you could go. You had to work into your break time a lot and you would have to go over five hours before could go on your first break. Your made to search candidates like security guards but without real training and without a SIA licence.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
lack of diversity, no incentives, no room for progression.
The company does not respect basic staff management principles. People are not being paid for sick leave or overtime. Senior Management does not care about employees. managers are let do everything as long as they cover up all problem and mistakes. Lower level employees are paid little.
Cons
Atmosphere, People, Management, Pay, Culture
Hired 30 new people, 3 months later 16 let go. Failed business model with only one other contractor used by the government and they still could not make the business work.
Pros
zerro
Cons
organisation/ management
A typical day would start with me answering any outstanding emails, then I would answers phones and talk to customers all day with administration tasks in between.
Pros
Work satisfaction from helping customers.
Cons
Not a lot of shifts or employees
A very supportive management with professional and approachable auxiliary staff . Excellent training provided, passionate people about the Arts and a mutual sense of enthusiasm about the work they do is filtered down from the very top to the bottom.
I would not recommend working for this company one bit. First they hire too many staff due to poor planning from senior management, then make around half of the staff redundant with no prior warning. The company has a ridiculous and unachievable performance related bonus scheme in place that leaves staff feeling de motivated and demoralised. Little appreciation is shown towards staff and they have no intentions to help develop their staff.
Pros
Decent pension
Cons
No training, poor decison making from management, treat staff like school children
Company seem to have a good sense of direction Management dont care about staff members No progression You can NOT achieve your dreams working with trinity college No good management style
Pros
Prompt payment of little salary
Cons
Little or no lunch break, management dont care about staff
My job was pretty simple, I was doing registrations for candidates coming to take the SELT exams. The job was boring sometimes and there were days when I had to work as a steward and been standing up all day. As a part-time job it was very convenient to come to work only 3 days a week for ÂŁ1067 a month. I was a very straight forward job but some of the perks were too obsessed with the security.
Pros
Part time 3 days a week, free coffee and water
Cons
Rude colleagues, dull job, no benefits, no career development
It was an easy job and very dynamic however I had the wrong colleagues whom behaved like children and in a very unprofessional way, they never supported me in anything, I received a very poor training from them and they lacked a friendly attitude. All together they pushed me to resign. They made my life miserable and quite unhappy there putting so much stress on me.
Pros
Part time job (3 days a week). Good salary.
Cons
Bad colleagues, poor training, unfriendly environment.
Trinity College London offered me the chance to work as part of an enthusiastic corporate team. I have learned to handle various work related situations professionally and efficiently using my own knowledge and any available resources. My ability to multi task effectively and my good organisational skills enabled me to carry out a great variety of relevant tasks, even working in a demanding environment as I know how to cope with stress. Through my experience I have understood the importance of cooperating with others in order to develop successful care plans, implement them and offer constructive feedback as well as relevant support during the process.
Pros
International Travelling
i really liked my team at trinity college london. i will miss working at trinity college london. trinity college london was great