Trinity College London

Trinity College London Job security & advancement reviews

I want to work during 2 months (july and august). I haven´t been working in any job but I have an understanding english and in a few years I would like work being doctor in England or in Irland so that is why I want work two months in Irland. I have a good memory, I am very polite and I am a formal person.
Pros
extra hours
Cons
low salary
1 particular manager always on phone speaking to their family and smoking. Just comes to work to do have a social and collect salary. Delegates all tasks. Change of working hours to work sundays with no incentive. Always short staffed. New jobs made for people who's face fit without any advertisement. Manager refund anyone 50% of who complains as they cba working
Trinity College London is a great place for graduates/entry level positions as it offers strong office experience. Don't expect to progress much though.
Got in as temp but kept extending my contract. The line manager was quite mean to me. Will micro manager and treat me like I was trash meanwhile will treat others better me. She brought in a new temp after a few weeks I started and offered him the role I was meant to b doing so made me assist him. This line manager always got me to do the dirty work such as send me down to the basement and sort out boxes and organise the basement. After a few months the guy left because he wasn't happy with the job. The guy was off sick for about 3 weeks and handed in his resignation letter. This line manager was soo desperate she asked me if I could extend my contract I refused. After I left received an email from the line manager trying to reconsider had to stand my grounds. She took me for granted and she only wanted me to come back till she found someone.
Pros
Proximity- only 6 mins from home
Cons
No regard for temps
Unfortunately there was very little room for progression, which limits your targets and goals so there was only so far you could go. You had to work into your break time a lot and you would have to go over five hours before could go on your first break. Your made to search candidates like security guards but without real training and without a SIA licence.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
lack of diversity, no incentives, no room for progression.
Hired 30 new people, 3 months later 16 let go. Failed business model with only one other contractor used by the government and they still could not make the business work.
Pros
zerro
Cons
organisation/ management
My job was pretty simple, I was doing registrations for candidates coming to take the SELT exams. The job was boring sometimes and there were days when I had to work as a steward and been standing up all day. As a part-time job it was very convenient to come to work only 3 days a week for ÂŁ1067 a month. I was a very straight forward job but some of the perks were too obsessed with the security.
Pros
Part time 3 days a week, free coffee and water
Cons
Rude colleagues, dull job, no benefits, no career development