Trinity College London

Trinity College London Work-life balance reviews

Trinity College London is a great place for graduates/entry level positions as it offers strong office experience. Don't expect to progress much though.
I was put off with the reviews on here, but it’s simple you get out what you put in. I’ve had not problems with any management, they’ve all seemed very helpful. As working in any contact centre is tedious, I feel Trinity SELT is not bad at all, you are helping people make a serious step into allowing them to live in this country so you can take pride in that. As with any job, if you’re not there to take it seriously then you will encounter issues but they do not put pressure on you to answer too many calls, it’s all about quality not quantity which I like!
Management didn't have a clue as to what they were doing, most of the time staff messed around and no real work got done. Day to day job would be come in and act like you were busy. Boring place to work.
Avoid at All cost. Micromanagers. Really silly PDR and little room for progression.Really silly Call monitering system especially when callers do not speak English. Also alot of favoritism (good if your face fits). Ridiculous parking and on top of that a very rude receptionist. Call Quality marking inconsistant. Long hours.
Unfortunately there was very little room for progression, which limits your targets and goals so there was only so far you could go. You had to work into your break time a lot and you would have to go over five hours before could go on your first break. Your made to search candidates like security guards but without real training and without a SIA licence.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
lack of diversity, no incentives, no room for progression.
My job was pretty simple, I was doing registrations for candidates coming to take the SELT exams. The job was boring sometimes and there were days when I had to work as a steward and been standing up all day. As a part-time job it was very convenient to come to work only 3 days a week for £1067 a month. I was a very straight forward job but some of the perks were too obsessed with the security.
Pros
Part time 3 days a week, free coffee and water
Cons
Rude colleagues, dull job, no benefits, no career development
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Trinity College London?