Tropic Biosciences

Tropic Biosciences Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews

Tropic is a fantastic place to work and offers many benefits.With free snacks on top of a truly positive collaborative team effect throughout the entire business, what's not to like?

Pros

Free snacks, many benefits

Great company culture and impactful work

As a researcher at Tropic, I have been fortunate to work on exciting and innovative projects with a fantastic, supportive team. A great company to work for!

Pros

Exciting work; Great people

Cons

Very fast-paced

Really enjoyable place to work

I really enjoy working at Tropic. I have learned so much about my field in a short time here. I enjoy the visibility that we have of management and enjoy interacting with members of SLT daily. The culture is great. I really enjoy the chatty office environment. The hardest part of the job is probably the admin side of my role. I really enjoy the opportunity to have a genuine impact on the business.

Pros

Good culture, Exciting and fun place to work, great people

Great for learning new skils and techniques, but be prepared to get shafted for very petty reasons.

Place is great for new graduates who want experience in the biotech field and learn new skills/techniques, however there is a very fake and uneasy "family enviroment" they try to peddle here. In any small/minor disagreement, instead of talking it out like adults, people will act passive agressive towards you and act as if their ego has been severly brusied, which is toxic. They will always favour people who have been there longer than you and won't listen to your viewpoints, regardless if you were genuinly in the right, allowing senior staff to abuse their powers.Pay is also a big thing there, or lack of pay compared to similar job roles with other companies in the near area/building, essentially many people were unhappy with wages, so consider that too.

A good company for graduates

An excellent company with many opportunities for upcoming scientists in the fields of plant biology or genetics. Flexible work environment with friendly colleagues. However, compensation is very poor across the company and possibility for growth as a technician is limited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tropic Biosciences. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement