TrustFord
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

TrustFord Employee Reviews

United Kingdom107 reviews

Great company, shame about the pay

I loved my time working for TrustFord however I was disheartened by the lack of pay reviews. I can only recall receiving one pay adjustment in the years I worked for the company. Benefits schemes are good, my team and management was great, liked the overall atmosphere at TrustFord. It’s clear that they care for colleagues but like I say pay leaves much to be desired. Not even sure they’ve done one for salaried colleagues this year. Not much in terms of advancement either unfortunately

5 May 2022
Thank you for sharing a review about your time with the Group. We endeavour to make our pay and conditions as competitive as possible - and recently completed a Group-wide pay review.We keep working to develop our colleagues and provide progression routes, with schemes such as our Future Leaders programme giving colleagues the skills to progress and move into management roles.Thank you for the praise of our benefits and it's great to see that your enjoyed your working environment so much.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Overall poor

Poor salary in comparison to many other dealerships plus longer weeks and Saturday work also major pay inequality between staff creates divide amoung staff

19 April 2022
We regularly review our pay and conditions and endeavour to make them as competitive and fair as possible.We would appreciate it if you could share specific examples of the issues you describe - please contact our Head of HR, Becki.Robertson@trustford.co.uk Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Awesome place to work

Everything about the place is awesome. The team, job and pay. Only downside is the work-life balance but it's the same with any sales job. You get out what you put in.

22 March 2022
Thank you for your review.Our colleagues in Belfast create a really welcoming environment and it's great to see you highlight our competitive pay structure.We want all our colleagues to have the best possible work/life balance, so please do contact your line manager if there's something we can do to improve this.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Good

Very good very tolerating people always happy to help you, don’t push you over if something is wrong. I was happy to work for it years ago, good salary aswell

22 March 2022
Thank you for that fantastic review - it's great to see that you were so happy with our TrustFord Family, along with your positive feedback of our pay structure.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Not bad

Not too bad office staff get bonuses but warehouse staff don’t and we’re doing all the heavy lifting and work too be fair good bunch of guys in there.

Pros

Tv in canteen free tea and coffee

Cons

Warehouse staff not in the bonus scheme

7 February 2022
Thank you for sharing a review of your time with us - we have a fantastic team in Dundee and it's good to see there is such a positive an supportive working environment.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Ok to work for. Work life balance good. Salary needs improved

Salary a lot to be desired. Management need to do more to communicate at local level. HR director is a horrible person with no compassion towards staff. Very clique

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Salary Senior Management

1 February 2022
Thank you for sharing a review. The Board regularly reviews our pay structure and aims to make it as competitive as possible.Our HR Director has received consistently excellent feedback in our annual colleague survey and received our Chairman’s Award for 2020 in recognition of the way she supported and continues to support colleagues during the pandemic. In line with our principle of Care – respect and care for everyone – we’d kindly ask you to amend your review to remove your personal attack of her. Thank you.Regards,Tom CollinsInternal Communications Manager.

Close family feel environment, great place to work with management being excellent and understanding. Work doesn’t feel like work when you can come in to see your friends and have fun

24 December 2021
Thank you for that positive review - I'm delighted to see that you are enjoying being a part of our TrustFord Family!Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Job title is inaccurate you will be a.dogs body!!

Lots to do your never get bored BUT. Dont expect help when you really need it as sales team need to go to the pub or disappear for hours or the famous words of I got a customer coming in! Managers know what happens but chose to ignore it would rather take a pop at the people who do work hard. Expect to sign in 14 cars off a transporter check them over and park them up at the compound. You will be told to drive around the country to drop sold cars off and still required to keep on top of your on work as AGAIN there to busy drinking tea and watching YouTube. You will always be running around looking for keys as there in peoples pockets or techs tool boxes.read your contract first and question them what your job role will actually be You will be disappointed at the outcome. Dont report any issues as your be a problem even if its serious there would rather take the opinion that your exaggerating. Gillingham is a unorganised and poorly managed.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Pretty much everything.

24 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share a review.It's disappointing to read that you didn't have a positive experience in your time with TrustFord and we would appreciate more details.Please email our Head of HR, Becki.Robertson@trustford.co.uk and tell us more about the issues you faced so we can look into this further.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Quick lane Trustford Colchester

The worse company I've ever worked for, I was a supervisor but was expected to do the job of full time tech aswell. When I moved from tech to supervisor it took 8 months to get my payrise and confirmation of position with no back pay. They treat you like a number. Systems outdated. You're over worked and under paid and made to feel you are under valued.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

24 December 2021
Thank you for sharing a review; I'm sorry to read that you didn't have a positive experience with TrustFord.We regularly review our systems and continue to invest and innovate throughout our business.We want all our colleagues to feel valued and have the correct work/life balance. It would be good to get more detail about your experiences so we can investigate further. Please email our Head of HR, Becki.Robertson@trustford.co.uk and tell us more about the issues you experienced.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Best place to work in the Trade

I have worked for Trust Ford for some time now and I have to say as a company to work for I have enjoyed it. As long as you put the leg work in and show to be putting effort into your work you will feel at home.

Pros

Fantastic team, Company Car, Family Discounts, 5 day work week.

Cons

Some long days on occasions to be expected at times, Some stress to hit targets, No JLR discounts for Ford Employees but availble for JLR Employees for Ford?

24 December 2021
Thank you for sharing your review - it's great to see such positive feedback, and that you approve of our superb colleague benefits.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Sales Prevention

So many dealer standards. It’s hard to actually sell the product. Trust Fords management leave a lot to be desired and very un inspirational. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

2 August 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We are really proud of the work we do with our colleagues to ensure Ford’s standards are met in every aspect of our business. This is one of the keys to us delivering our purpose – we drive the standard in customer care.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHR Director.

Trust ford Lisburn

Just finished my second full week as used car manager Lisburn. What can i say. A fantastic company. Great bunch of guys to work with . From Chris my GM to the car cleaners and everyone in between. I've been in the motor trade for 16 years and Trust Ford are with out doubt the best company i have ever worked for. Everything is just so professional . They really care about their staff and customers. Its an honour and privilege to work for such a forward thinking company who do all they can for you .

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

1 February 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback - it's brilliant to see that you enjoy being part of our TrustFord Family.Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director

Enjoyed every minute

Great company, workshop controller and service manager where great always made me feel wanted, atmosphere was great, really enjoyed working there, I left because of the cost of the toll for the newly built bridge, all the employees where lovely people I was very sad to leave, one of the best places I worked

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Cost of bridge

14 June 2021
Fantastic feedback! It's really pleasing to see that you enjoyed being part of our TrustFord Family so much; thank you for sharing a review.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Hard going

Early stars and late finishes.Minimum wage pay for doing stressful driving throughout the day.No social/ life balance.Always wanting more and more vehicles delivered.No choice doing overtime, it’s expected!

Pros

Easter egg at Easter. Birthday voucher

Cons

Long hours and minimum pay

7 June 2021
Thank you for leaving a review.Though you note some of the many fantastic benefits our colleagues receive, I'm disappointed to read your thoughts on pay and working hours.We regularly review our pay structure to ensure it is as competitive as possible and are committed to ensuring all colleagues have the correct work/life balance. If you would like to share more details about your experiences please contact our Head of HR (Becki.Robertson@trustford.co.uk), who will investigate further.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Technician

Bend over backwards to help you and you get shafted by management trying to justify there pay don't understand that jobs fall out of the alloted time due to factors outside your control

Cons

Long hours management don't understand the job

10 May 2021
I’m sorry to read that you were unhappy with the way you left our company. If you have a specific complaint with the way things were handled please get in touch with our Head of HR (Becki.Robertson@trustford.co.uk), who will investigate further. Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Nice friendly company

Worked for TrustFord Ashton Bristol as Zero hour Collection driver for a short while but enjoyed working there.Site Manager was very nice helpful guy as were other managers and staff.Just made welcome even though everyone seemed busy they had time for you. My main two collouges on our team were 5 star guys! The only negative was made redundant due to covid 19 and TrustFord could have kept me on Fourlough for a lot longer which would have helped me tremendouslyAlso the two lads who rang me from HR somewhere in the UK thought it helarious informing me my job had gone Shame on them both (what goes round comes round) other than that great company.

Pros

Friendly, helpful, good managers.

Cons

Long hours, Zero hours & low pay. Bad UK HR

25 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We have a fantastic team in Bristol and it’s great to see that they were so accommodating and welcoming to you.We consider every possible avenue before making any colleague redundant – which is always a last resort. I can assure you that no-one in our TrustFord Family think redundancies are funny. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact our Head of HR – becki.robertson@trustford.co.uk Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Really helpful and kind staff

It’s a very easy job, everyone is respectful, it’s a fun workplace so you days goes quicker. The atmosphere overall is great. Good place to gain warehouse experience.

1 February 2021
Thank you for your review – I'm glad to see that you experienced such a positive working environment and enjoyed your time with our TrustFord Family.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Productive and sometimes fun

Job and work life 5 starsSalary and benefits 5 stars one of the best in the industry. Job security and advancement 3 stars because they closed the company down as a result of covid witch to me Is surprising for a company owned by Ford motor company how every before covid faultlessManagement 5stars there was a really good bunch of helpful and respectful individuals how ever with the Bristol branch there was a strange atmosphere amongst the panel beaters and painters witch isn't out of the ordinary for a body shop of this magnatude and the style of bonus scheme implicated

Pros

Great finance options on new and used cars and good pensions

Cons

The atmosphere due to bonus scheme really needed addressing, as a personal bonus scheme never really get the best cohesion amongst employees

18 January 2021
Thank you for your review – it’s great to see that you enjoyed your time with TrustFord.The impact of the pandemic meant we were forced to restructure the business, unfortunately leading to the closure of the Muller Road Bodyshop.We did everything we could to keep affected colleagues in employment, and over 25% of colleagues were redeployed across our business.Regards,Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Not fun, profit focus

This company do not practise equality and diversity. If you are from a ethic background you do not get the chance to progress through the company and if they do employ someone from a different ethic background in management they make there life unbearable. New staff from white backgrounds with no experience are given jobs that a person from a ethic background have done the training for. Which you are then told to train the new staff in the job you worked so hard to get.

Pros

Wages was not to bad

Cons

No diversity and equality

24 November 2020
TrustFord operates an equal opportunities policy for everyone and strongly challenges your allegations. We operate a confidential whistleblowing line for anyone who wishes to raise any issues and have not received any.Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director.

Good team poor senior leadership

The team I work with are great however the CEO rules like a dictator. HR department are the most unhelpful if you have an issue or complaint about ANYTHING. Work is long hours with not so much as a thank you for going above and beyond. No reward (other than pay) for high commitment or lack of absence.

24 August 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. I’m pleased to see that you enjoy working with your team, but would like to take issue with your claims about our CEO, Stuart Foulds. Stuart is NOT a dictator and works brilliantly in collaborating with and leading our Board & Leadership team. He has worked tirelessly over the past few months to keep the company going in very difficult circumstances and has done a superb job. He is held in great esteem by colleagues across the company, reflected in our latest Best Companies survey, which showed an increasingly high number of colleagues believe Stuart runs TrustFord based on sound moral principles and are inspired by his leadership. Our HR team have been working really hard for several months now to support colleagues across the business with a variety of issues. If you feel the team could have done more to help you please contact our Finance Director Stuart Mustoe, who will investigate your complaint further. Everyone across the group appreciates how hard our colleagues work - particularly so in the recent challenging times. In line with our spirit of Care we encourage colleagues to nominate deserving members of our TrustFord Family to receive special recognition through our monthly PPA Awards, and many managers choose to reward colleagues locally too. We always welcome feedback from colleagues on how we can improve things; if you have any ideas on how we can better -

I enjoyed my role at TrustFord. It's a pity the board of directors couldn't see the value of it. Although my area covered the Midlands, North Yorkshire and Northern Ireland, I didn't mind the travelling.

20 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback - it's good to see that you enjoyed being part of our TrustFord Family.Sharon AshcroftHuman Resources Director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TrustFord. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare TrustFord with

• TrustFord
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?