TUI Group
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

TUI Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom471 reviews

targetconcessionholidayprogressiontravelcentrebookingoverseas

Ok to work for no progression

An ok place to work for. Colleagues are nice but there is no progression it’s just how long you have been there to be promoted. Job is the same day in day out afterwards.

Brilliant job, highly recommend

Everyone should try and work abroad, great job. Hard work but the benefits totally outweigh this. Imagine waking up to the most beautiful scenery every morning, visiting the beach on your day off/skiing in the Alps.

Insights into TUI Group

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Great

Would recommend working here. Really enjoyed my time here and would work again Great airline and super amazing colleagues. Lovely uniform and perks for all

Pros

Wage

Cons

Early start

Amazing company to work for

The best job I’ve ever had And the best company to work for The training is intense but enjoyable The best job in the worldEveryone seems friendly and helpful

Excellent guys in the hangar but cost savings on behalf of the workers having a detrimental effect

Worked for nearly 30 years here but unfortunately what was a superb customer driven and motivated workforce with a great ethos, team spirit and goodwill has been inadvertently kicked out of them not by management but by the rather spiteful human resources department.Many skilled people have left or retired early.I suppose its the nature of the cuthroat industry of Airlines. Remember the saying if its too good to be true its BS.

Stressful self learning job

Job can be very stressful with having to multi task and try to learn at the same time. Management don’t help or give direction. Management don’t organise staff or Rotas leaving one day sort and one day to many staff . Learning the job is self taught. Lots of admin and complaints to deal with. Long days . Part time hours over five days . Full time staff have to pay back hours when working Sundays . Targets , target and more targets . Management and staff happy to point out when you have made a mistake but not help you to learn .

Pros

Wages

Cons

Long hours, no training and working in a small environment with the same people .

Rep

Great place to work if you're looking for independence and a challenge, can be tough depending on what sort of clientele you get but it can also be very rewarding

Meh

Training was amazing, definitely a lot of stress to the job, only problem is you feel like your rota isn’t fair as put on a lot of weekends even though at interview was told 1 weekend a month

Truly the best job in the world

I love working for TUI. I love the environment, the job, the fact it never really feels like going to work but mainly the people. Everyone is so welcoming and make you feel at ease. Training is an excellent experience and done to a high standard leaving you feeling confident in your learned abilities. It’s so unfortunate that it’s only seasonal and permanent contracts are practically non existent.

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good training, good time off, travelling, good union.

Cons

Lack of winter work, progression in the job. Need better contracts to keep in line with competitors.

productive

good for meeting new pepole and making greater connections. Different to most jobs. new experiance, used to work in hotels before hand, but they wanted more staff working in other areas.

Pros

ocasionally free flights

Cons

stressfull

Great experience

Loved my time her, fabulous life experiences and colleges. Saw the world.Physically and mentally tiring with unknown hours and long days. Management can be a bit unpleasant

Pros

Worldwide travel

Cons

Physical hard work

Very fast paced

I am a relatively new member of staff, which was very keen to work for this company. On the paper is all perfect but unfortunately there are a lot of issues in the every day life at work. Management requests and practical job are disjointed matter. The staff is overwhelmed with requests and so much red tape to get lost in it. Nothing makes sense. The training is good to start with, but becomes very soon non existent: there is no time to train properly and staff is left to solve all issues on their own, although they have no experience. Very bad press at the minute due to cancellations, staff has to face unhappy, furious customers on a daily basis but are not able to solve problems or to help at all.

Pros

Flattering uniform

Cons

Overworked, untrained, underpaid

Great experience

You gain a lot of experiences in both work and personal life, from first aid to managing your work/life balance. Very knowledgable colleagues both on the ground and in the air.

Good company to work for

worked as cabin crew with tui first which was seasonal so that was a downside, left as crew due to seasonal job and went full time as a travel agent. good job progression if that is what you're after. not much of a work life balance in all honesty as it's a rota bases over 7 days a week, 8pm finishes at times. I'm based in a Superstore. Relaxed atmosphere and lovely to get to know customers who come into the shop.

Travel agent

Started back in 2018 and absolutely loved it for many years. You get good commission benefits from what you book. You get to put yourself forward to go on work trips to different destinations all over the world. Only left due to Covid and having hours taken off me which was wrong to do so.

Pros

Discount on trips and travel money

Cons

Loss of hours a

Okay job

Enjoyed the colleagues working here, job was easy to do, some calls would last longer than others and the work always varied from call to call so you're never bored

Secure and truly caring company

I worked as cabin crew and travel advisor in TUI and I was really looked after. Nothing was ever a problem. During Covid I was really well looked after , I was furloughed cabin crew and when furlough was coming to an end and there weren’t any demand for flights, TUI still kept me and I was put through secondment where I was moved to being a travel agent. They could have just let me go but they ensured my job was safe with them.

Pros

Amazing money as cabin crew.

Cons

Not so good money as Travel Consultant.

Just another call centre

Bums on seats is a must. Training for the role ok but essentially they’ll expect you to learn on the job. Managers are normal call centre type. Job good for a stop gap

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Managers, training, breaks and systems

Horrendous management

I loved the work during my time here, but the bullying was constant by colleagues and management. They do not understand health problems at all, especially mental health. My first week of training, they got me to scrub the toilets and kitchen whilst they all sat in the office eating chocolates. The only advantages in this role was making customers happy (not too often as most you had to force to book the holiday, even if they said no cant afford it you had to use 3 attempts to close the sale by saying get a loan or borrow a friends credit card).

Pros

Training opportunities

Cons

Targets, management, bullying, discrimination

Unreasonable targets

Company is okay to work for, most of the team you work with are supportive but there can be a competitive side as each person is out for their own targets so don't be surprised if you see people within your team being dishonest. The target they set each shop and your personal targets are unrealistic so the commission you earn is very poor, the basic pay is okay but be prepared to stay on at the end of the day to bank up but recieve no additional pay for doing so. The company's complaint system is absolutely appalling and if a customer is not happy it's like getting blood out of a stone they take ages to reply and give no support to the staff who are having to deal with the complaint and the unhappy customer face to face.

Productive and fun job

Everyday carries a different task. I find my job to be very interesting and it can be stressful at times. TUI is a great company to work for and they really do look after their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TUI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare TUI Group with

Learn about TUI Group in popular locations

• TUI Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?