Tui Group

Tui Group Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time with Tui, I met some wonderful people and thought colleagues were very supportive of one another.Excellent benefits of working on the management team , overseas conferences, educationals Overseas, meetings out of the office etc...Good team of people shame it was working most weekends.During covid had the option to work from home in which I did from April until end of October.
Pros
Overseas trips
Cons
Working weekends
Too much is expected of staff , the work and calls are non stop and your expected to keep to targets that are impossible , you are constantly abused by customers
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Job is very stressful
You work all different hours day and night but after a while you get use to it. The sights you see make it all worth it in my eyes. You start only as a seasonal contract and it does take a few years to get an all year round contract but you will find that in any cabin crew job. All the staff are lovely. TUI equip and train you amazingly. It’s a lot of training and a lot of stress but it’s deffo worth it. You do a wide range of flights and see a lot of the world which is the main reason I do it. Customers are lovely as they are going on their holidays so they will always be in a good mood! I love flying but it isn’t for everyone. It’s a lifestyle, not just a job.
Pros
Discounts on flights, paid training, salary, hourly rate and commission, trips(stop overs in other countries that’s all paid for.) you get to see the world! Lovely staff.
Cons
Long hours and no shift pattern.
Great place to work, managment always go above and beyond if there is a problem. Very professional. The team are very strong together. Yes there have been a few problems which most company’s have regardless but as I said management are very professional and don’t discuss anything between the two of you to others and are very keen to sort a problem out there and then. Work place is very bubbly and enjoyable. Will be staying for a good while x
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N\a
Good place to work with , you will find growth with TUI , they appreciate your work , and the environment are less stressful .you are given certain privileges and travelling benefits as well .
Pros
good communication
In my experience the best company I’ve worked for .. strong union that work along side Tui to ensure fair decisions are made . However If you start now be prepared to wait a long time for a permanent contract that’s just the way of business now.
Pros
Discount on holidays, good pay, great people
Cons
365 days of the year business difficult to get time off at short notice
Pay was terrible. Pushy managers. Lots of sales targets to hit and you’re expected to be pushy and hard sell with the customers to sell trips. Pitted against colleagues with sales. Seemed like most of the best selling reps were very arrogant, pushy. Managers cared more about sales targets than customer service scores. Customers could be very rude and demanding. For the low pay really not worth it.
Pros
Working overseas
Cons
Long hours, split shifts, low pay
Great company to work for. We are kept informed of global occupancies at all times, very transparent. Training programme is excellent, and a fail is simply not an option. Just a nice company, no complaints.
Pros
Holiday concessions
Cons
Covid-19
Love my job and love TUI. Unfortunately not being able to work through no fault of TUI due to no flights due to the pandemic.TUI really look after their employees.
Don't let the marketing of TUI lead you in to false sense of security. TuI is just another company where you just a number.You will find most of the crew happy to work with. Like most of the CM, you will also want the flight to be over with.I would never want to return to this company. The work is seasonal, which means you having to find work over winter.During the pandemic TUI layer off seasonal crew who had given up secure job roles for a life in the skies.TUI conned them out of wages and didn't Furlough them TUI is one to avoid
Pros
Some great crew
Cons
TUI the company
Great training programs, very high targets and so many kpi's. Not family friendly company. Great for single person with no children. You can work your way up the ladder easily and get great pay.
Pros
Training programes
Cons
No work life balance
Great place to work! This job is more about the lifestyle than the salary. Good discounts on holidays and great life experience working as a part of the overseas team. Management is fast paced, competitive and can be stressful if you do not have experience within sales.
Pros
Holidays discounts and FAM trips
Cons
Salary
Flying as cabin crew is a lifestyle as well as a career or job, work hard to gain the rewards you sought and I had plenty of trips away to enjoy the summer sun in the colder months.
Great people to work with. Work all different times of the day with different people but you can also make lots of friends. Get to see the world. Get to take lots of people on their hard earned holidays. Lots of long hours but definately worth it as you also get lots of time off too. Great perks to the job including free uniform, free car parking, free soft drinks and meals and also a discount on holidays too
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Working Christmas day
Fantastic company to work for. Always something new to learn. Fast moving business. Management at all levels care about the staff and help staff to progress when possible. Not fantastic pay for a travel agent, but plenty of extra benefits to make it well worth it.the smile on my face when I go to work makes it all the more worthwhile
Pros
Discounts on holidays and more
Cons
Must be fully flexible and target driven
The management is outstanding, supportive and encouraging. The team is wonderful there is not a blame culture and they support eachother. The job is demanding and the expectations are high but they are not unreasonable and the manageress is always on hand to help you hit your targets and help with problem areas. The company has a lot of opportunities for people looking to advance, there is always training available and they offer help for those wanting to study part time. The company also offers educational for example I was able to go on a taster cruise.
Pros
Training, advancement, the people.
Cons
Hours
When you first start at TUI, the training very much revolves around building the perfect holiday for your customer. Listening to them and what they want, and picking out a perfect holiday for them. When you actually work in the shop, all that training flies out the window. You are meant to sell them the expensive holidays, regardless of what they want.There was high pressure to sell extras like insurance and parking at the airport, etc. I sold a cruise to an older lady where she had been offered £50 to insure the cruise for her and her sick husband. and our insurance was over £400. so i told her she'd best compare the two but if the £50 one was just as good, to do that instead. I'm not in the business of ripping off elderly ladies. I was told off by my manager for not trying to push the expensive one. my manager made comments about how I didnt wear enough lipstick or do my hair nice enough and how I had to wear high heels in the store. she made comments about my size. she was regularly really quite nasty to me and singled me out numerous times. she frequently undermined my confidence saying i'd never pass my driving test. I wish I'd filed an official complaint against her, but I was young and shy at the time. once she actually fully yelled at me in the store. i really dreaded coming into work because of her. when the assistant manager was there instead, she was much nicer to work with. she trained me and was approachable. hardest part of the job is trying to sell a holiday to someone when they know they can get it £500 cheaper online. its impossible to get bookings - more...
Pros
Local, pay was ok, assistant manager was excellent.
Cons
Manager was a bully, prices of holidays in store too high - impossible to sell them
Good company however they have now started a large redundancy programme which entails shop closures. They had a good apprentice programme which they conducted in house
Great place to work, I believe in the Tui company motto. The pay is standard, not much more than minimum wage, but the opportunities for commission and great discounts on holidays makes up for that.
Great company to work for, opportunity to travel the world, unsocial working hours but lots of time off, good money, crew can be very hard to get on with...company looks after their employees very well’
Pros
Good money, lots of Time off, ability to travel the world
Cons
Unsocial hours
Love working for Tui even though our shop sadly closed due to Covid 19 they redeployed us into alternative roles and we were kept completely in the picture the whole time
Pros
Fun environment with plenty of room to expand
  1. Employee reviews