Tui Group

Tui Group Employee Reviews

Great places to work overseas. Great company to work for

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different families and helping improve their children’s football skills. Hardest part of the job is the long hours. But it’s worth it in the end.

Pros

Free flights to destination. Free accommodation. Meal at the hotel your working at

Cons

Long hours.

Don’t want to be valued…work here!

Shame employees are not valued and you’re just a number. Policies outdated and old fashioned and higher management lack skills and training to deal with real issues for real people. Want promotion, no chance it’s dead man’s shoes!! Again very outdated promotion policy, if your not legacy Britannia staff your getting nothing!

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Unsociable hours

Best job ever

Absolutely love this job. Although it’s seasonal, it’s not hard to find a job in the winter. Great working with different people, and you take people on well deserved holidays!

Pros

Crew meals, great pay, not overworked.

Cons

Long days, seasonal work

Not a positive experience

Horrible company to work for.Managers are apathetic and unskilled at best. Treated temp staff outrageously during the pandemic, should hang their heads in shame.Little support, treated literally as a number.

Pros

Free parking/uniform

Cons

Treated as expendable.

Once the doors are closed its ok

Working as crew is a lovely job. The company is not great. All talk and no action. Policies are hugely out if date. Management are poor at best. Untrained. Always do what they've always done. Can only challenge if it fits the narrative.If you can turn a blind eye to the corporate c*ap you will be ok. On the aircraft, with the public, is a lovely way to spend your days. Don't expect any assistance with requested days off. You need to book leave way in advance and it's on a bidding system. Sickness rates are high, perhaps due to this? Only my opinion.

Pros

Holiday discount

Cons

Constant changes. Inconsistency. Old fashioned. Lack of solid leadership. Seniority driven.

Great

Good place with great benefits, competitions and teams. Pay could be better but overall a good place to work with support for some managers. Lots of roles available

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Low pay

Used to be good company .

Company changed went from travel agent in hard sell nearly forcing people to book holiday there and then.Management did not want you to spend timed with valued customers.Moto was get the. In booked and get them

Pros

Cons

Expect you to.change days off at.last minute sometimes did not even tell you.

Call centre agent

I used to work in TUI for nearly 2 years and I can say it is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. They don’t care about your well-being and only care about meeting targets and pushing you to far. They treat you like a child and expect no ready time and to be active. This is draining on mental health and the pay is minimum for everything we have to deal with and all the other skills we are trained on. The whole higher management don’t care about you they care about the job to much and in regards to annual leave it is shocking and unfair on how they work thisI would recommend to not work for this company as probably a month later you’ll end up leaving or going off sick especially as a customer service advisor in the contact centre

Pros

My team manager was the only supportive and helped me through a lot

Huge impact on mental wellbeing

- No room to progress once you’ve hit Tier 2 and even then, you have no authority. - unrealistic targets, expected to juggle loads of different tasks at once and are then in trouble if you haven’t hit target. - No support for mental health at all.- Unprofessional and unorganised place to work - If you’re struggling on a call, you’re question may be missed completely or not responded to for hours on end. I felt sick every morning and night before starting work as senior management really don’t seem to care about you or understand how hard it can be taking calls all day from unhappy customers. Overall, really not a good environment to be in.

Pros

Concessions

Cons

Stress

Rewarding

It’s literally the best job for anyone who wants to see the world, but you do it for the fun of the job not for the money or the hours. The greatness of the job you become so more confident as you are thrown out of your comfort zone.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Pay Long hours

Ex call centre agent.

I worked for the company for 3 years. The atmosphere in the call centre is toxic with so many clicky employees and managers its extremely difficult to know who and when to talk to. The job role that is described in the interview stage is not the role that is expected. Extremely high target environment especially for a non commissioned job role. Minimum wage no matter on experience or knowledge. Avoid at all costs. I left to work in a factory with a higher pay bracket and better working hours for an employee with a young family. Says it all really.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Good

I worked for TUI as a travel advisor, hours was good and so was pay. Great fun with the girls in the shop. No pressure when selling and nice managers ( the ones I’ve met )

Pros

Salary

Cons

Management are ok but the pay is disgusting

Management can be there for you or they can't. It really depends on who you are and how much you suck up. If you don't know the right people, then you have no chance of progression. And the pay is disgusting, the amount of work we do, and the very little pay. The worst part is, as a senior tier 2 agent there are people in a tier 1 position getting alot more pay. When this has been questioned it just gets shrugged off. If we were actually paid a fare wage, which represents out position, and actually got recognised nfor the work we do, it would be a nice place to work. There is also no work life balance. In a 8 week rota we are meant to get 3 weekends off. Lucky if we even get two. When questioning this, we get fobbed of. Never get told the truth..

Pros

Working from home

Cons

No work life balance / disgusting pay

Enjoyed my time.

Loved the job when finding someone their perfect holiday but did have its downfalls when things didn’t go well for customers, the same as in any job. Quite stressful during busy periods but again the same at any job & if managed then it’s not the end of the world. The pay could be ALOT better considering the company is such a huge company. Made friends for life during my time at TUI.

Pros

Friendly staff. Concession to use on holidays.

Cons

Pay. Commission is poor. Weekend working.

Slow paced, reactive, restricted salaries and a uncertain industry

Very very slow paced and somewhat relaxed. Poor relationships with suppliers resulting to constant delays and disappointing outcomes in terms of project delivery. An industry which is not steady, a lot of us were made redundant in June 2019 prior to the cronavirus outbreak. No real notice or reason was given just a consultation on the day and being informed not to ever return to the site. Could have been handled more professionally and ethically.

Cons

Parking issues, salary, slow progression

Best job ever

I adore working for Tui as airline cabin crew. The job itself, the company, the brand portfolio & entire mechanics withing the global travel & tourism industry. They are the fhe biggest & the best for a reason & I'm very proud to work for them & wear the uniform.

Pros

Great benefits, smart uniform, good pay

Cons

Seasonal contract March-October only

Wouldn’t work here again

For TUI it’s all about the money as it is a sales job. Minimum wage. However, my team were lovely and good management but actual TUI themselves don’t value their staff. 20% of the time - actually booking holidays (the fun part)80% of the rest - selling insurance (awful procedure, very tedious) and added extras, ringing customers to get them to book even if they’ve said no, dealing with complaints, angry customers who can be so rude it’s intimidating. 90% of calls are complaints.Don’t expect free or discounted holidays, this will certainly NOT happen. You can earn incentives but have to work there for years and even then, years of hard work will give you 5% discount off a holiday, so not worth it at all!

Pros

Decent uniform, fun to look at holidays, good training opportunities

Cons

No weekends off, long hours, minimum wage, forcing sales, no perks

Really great place to work. They send you away for training and really make sure you’re ready for the job. Worked here for around 2 years and couldn’t recommend it more.

Pros

Great training

Cons

Bad wage

One of the best jobs I’ve ever had

I worked for TUI 2018 as a sales representative, overseas. The job was exciting, full of awards, fast pace, and great management. I always felt I got the best training

Pros

Pay, team, travel

Cons

One day off a week

Managers and staff are great but job is horrendous

Too much is expected of staff , the work and calls are non stop and your expected to keep to targets that are impossible , you are constantly abused by customers

Pros

Lovely staff

Cons

Job is very stressful

If you love to travel and work all hours it’s amazing.

You work all different hours day and night but after a while you get use to it. The sights you see make it all worth it in my eyes. You start only as a seasonal contract and it does take a few years to get an all year round contract but you will find that in any cabin crew job. All the staff are lovely. TUI equip and train you amazingly. It’s a lot of training and a lot of stress but it’s deffo worth it. You do a wide range of flights and see a lot of the world which is the main reason I do it. Customers are lovely as they are going on their holidays so they will always be in a good mood! I love flying but it isn’t for everyone. It’s a lifestyle, not just a job.

Pros

Discounts on flights, paid training, salary, hourly rate and commission, trips(stop overs in other countries that’s all paid for.) you get to see the world! Lovely staff.

Cons

Long hours and no shift pattern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tui Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement