TUI Group

Customer Service Representative28 reviews
United Kingdom28 reviews

targetconcessionholidayprogressiontravelcentrebookingoverseas

Okay job

Enjoyed the colleagues working here, job was easy to do, some calls would last longer than others and the work always varied from call to call so you're never bored

Meh

Training was amazing, definitely a lot of stress to the job, only problem is you feel like your rota isn’t fair as put on a lot of weekends even though at interview was told 1 weekend a month

Insights into TUI Group

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Awful company

Low payExtremely stressful Constantly changing rules and company targetsUnorganised Treated like school children Personal time (bathroom breaks) are timed, you only have 7.5 minutes a day. Most people there have taken time off sick with stress. The majority of customers are angry so you will get sworn at, verbally abused and screamed at on a daily basis.

Great People, Low Pay

I loved working at TUI, I just wish the salary wasn't so long when I worked there. For the work you are required to do, the salary is very low. Apart from this, the training programme they have is incredible.

Pros

Friendly Staff, Great training programme

Cons

Random Shifts, Low pay

Very friendly management

Easy interview, confirmed I had the job the very next day. Friendly atmosphere. Close to train station so travel is easy, work from home opportunities (I'm on a 'hybrid' shift, so a bit of both).

Pros

Quick commute (very close to Swansea train station), above average pay for call centre work

Cons

Some weekend work (5pm finish)

Managers are lovely and lots of support for staff

I have worked for TUI for a few months now and I am enjoying thoroughly, if you need support a manager will find a way to accommodate you, easy working hours and a good pay

Pros

Support

Call centre agent

I used to work in TUI for nearly 2 years and I can say it is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. They don’t care about your well-being and only care about meeting targets and pushing you to far. They treat you like a child and expect no ready time and to be active. This is draining on mental health and the pay is minimum for everything we have to deal with and all the other skills we are trained on. The whole higher management don’t care about you they care about the job to much and in regards to annual leave it is shocking and unfair on how they work thisI would recommend to not work for this company as probably a month later you’ll end up leaving or going off sick especially as a customer service advisor in the contact centre

Pros

My team manager was the only supportive and helped me through a lot

Ex call centre agent.

I worked for the company for 3 years. The atmosphere in the call centre is toxic with so many clicky employees and managers its extremely difficult to know who and when to talk to. The job role that is described in the interview stage is not the role that is expected. Extremely high target environment especially for a non commissioned job role. Minimum wage no matter on experience or knowledge. Avoid at all costs. I left to work in a factory with a higher pay bracket and better working hours for an employee with a young family. Says it all really.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Management are ok but the pay is disgusting

Management can be there for you or they can't. It really depends on who you are and how much you suck up. If you don't know the right people, then you have no chance of progression. And the pay is disgusting, the amount of work we do, and the very little pay. The worst part is, as a senior tier 2 agent there are people in a tier 1 position getting alot more pay. When this has been questioned it just gets shrugged off. If we were actually paid a fare wage, which represents out position, and actually got recognised nfor the work we do, it would be a nice place to work. There is also no work life balance. In a 8 week rota we are meant to get 3 weekends off. Lucky if we even get two. When questioning this, we get fobbed of. Never get told the truth..

Pros

Working from home

Cons

No work life balance / disgusting pay

Do not recommend

High staff turn over as they are not treated right, extremely poor wage considering what they expect and for the workload and stress put on you. Poor support from the company they will hand you a number for occupational health, only certain managers will be there for you if they care about you. I have been in the company many years and it’s always who you know not what you know when it comes to promotions Nearly everyone who works there becomes depressed

Cons

Too many to list

Tui uk

Not bad hours, although the pay could be better. Many different departments you could potentially work in. Weddings, pre travel sales Management are okay

Great company

Forward thinking, interested in work/social life balance. Supportive of ideas. Collaboration with other departments. Positive attitude. Wonderful working surroundings.

No chance of progression

I have worked in TUI for 2 years, once you progress from a Tier 1 to a Tier 2 there is no where further to progress other than management. it is a very stressful workplace as targets are constantly change and there is no consistency in the roles.

Good job

It’s a good job environment to work with in. It’s helpful to know about the airways that people are traveling with, it feels good to help people with they’re goldfish’s and understanding

Clicky Work environment

I personally found this work environment very clicky and uncomfortable. The management system is very poor and I find that they are unhelpful and unsupportive to those with young families. It may be sugarcoated that they are however when it comes down to it not so much.

exciting and opportunity to grow!

i worked as a travel advisor and can honestly say this is the best company i’ve worked for, everyone of the staff i met from travel advisor too top manager treat us all the same, was very accommodating to the fact that i had children, however this changed as i moved to a bigger store and became more of a number. overall the best company i have worked for with opportunities available to you such as a free Riu holiday should you sell enough of there holidays you gain points towards it, my manager managed to go to mexico for 2 weeks all inclusive!

Pros

discounted holidays, opportunities to win free holidays

Flat out awful

This is the most mind draining job you could ever have. You do way to much work for the pay, the management is poor, they don't care about their employees, you're just 1 out of many. Would not recommend do not apply, you will regret it.

OK Company

They are not the highest paid but they are ok to work for but I would just say ok. It can be difficult to progress just in terms of however progression is awarded.

Pros

Not far from where i live

Cons

career progression

A job for someone who enjoys chatting all day on the phone.

Colleagues at TUI seem generally quite nice, they offered me a permanent role as a customer service agent, they offer a good training programme and it is a pretty secure role. Hard workers can be rewarded with promotion which is more than I can say for most employers these days. I left because the job is extremely stressful and exhausting and not the right fit for me personally which is unfortunate as sending people on good holidays is a good aim of the company. TUI expect staff to be knowledgeable about way too much and want you to fulfil too many job roles at the same time. You are constantly talking, taking abuse and complaints from customers. The systems were terrible and too complex with many processes having to be calculated manually while a customer waited on the phone getting angry with you for the time it took to try and work out holiday quotes. The policies on how staff are supposed to do the job are extremely restrictive and stop you from doing a good job for the customer in many aspects. Finally The breaks were way to short and I generally felt like staff were not looked after which lead me to quit for the sake of my own sanity.

Pros

Some basic discounts

Cons

Low pay, too stressful

Productive workplace

I enjoyed talking with people from different walks of life. As a contact centre advisor, I got to explore a different side of the travel industry that I'd never seen before. I highly recommend anyone to work for TUI, brilliant company to work for.

Fun productive workplace

Worked here on a year contract and loved it, people are great to work with and it’s a fun atmosphere. Would 100% go back. The salary was a bit of a downfall but the environment makes up for it with great progression routes

Pros

Good communication

Cons

salary can differ

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TUI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement