TUI Group

TUI Group Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant45 reviews
United Kingdom45 reviews

targetconcessionholidayprogressiontravelcentrebookingoverseas

Ok to work for no progression

An ok place to work for. Colleagues are nice but there is no progression it’s just how long you have been there to be promoted. Job is the same day in day out afterwards.

Great

Would recommend working here. Really enjoyed my time here and would work again Great airline and super amazing colleagues. Lovely uniform and perks for all

Pros

Wage

Cons

Early start

Insights into TUI Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Amazing company to work for

The best job I’ve ever had And the best company to work for The training is intense but enjoyable The best job in the worldEveryone seems friendly and helpful

Truly the best job in the world

I love working for TUI. I love the environment, the job, the fact it never really feels like going to work but mainly the people. Everyone is so welcoming and make you feel at ease. Training is an excellent experience and done to a high standard leaving you feeling confident in your learned abilities. It’s so unfortunate that it’s only seasonal and permanent contracts are practically non existent.

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good training, good time off, travelling, good union.

Cons

Lack of winter work, progression in the job. Need better contracts to keep in line with competitors.

Great experience

Loved my time her, fabulous life experiences and colleges. Saw the world.Physically and mentally tiring with unknown hours and long days. Management can be a bit unpleasant

Pros

Worldwide travel

Cons

Physical hard work

Great experience

You gain a lot of experiences in both work and personal life, from first aid to managing your work/life balance. Very knowledgable colleagues both on the ground and in the air.

Secure and truly caring company

I worked as cabin crew and travel advisor in TUI and I was really looked after. Nothing was ever a problem. During Covid I was really well looked after , I was furloughed cabin crew and when furlough was coming to an end and there weren’t any demand for flights, TUI still kept me and I was put through secondment where I was moved to being a travel agent. They could have just let me go but they ensured my job was safe with them.

Pros

Amazing money as cabin crew.

Cons

Not so good money as Travel Consultant.

Awful

Cabin crew role at Birmingham for the summer. No organization by the company, fast training which focused on customer service for a day or so. only received one uniform and was expected to only just need one ( even for long haul) half uniform missing because of company shortages. Poor salary and mistakes constantly made by operations in terms of pay. Most flights delayed and untrained senior cabin crew operating flights constantly. Long haul was only 17 hour stay on a few occasions

Pros

Travel

Cons

No organization

Great experience

Great place , fast paced good hard work . Shift work good pay . Good benefits , nice people, free uniform free food. Got to visit many different countries and hotels.

I loved my job as cabin crew with TUI. Great colleagues and we always had fun, whilst working hard. My salary was excellent. The only down side is that rosters cover 24 hours 7 days a week, so if you like your evenings and weekends off, this is not the job for you!

Great airline that has given me the opportunity to fly all over the world to trips in the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.

Flown for many years since I was young and I have loved it ever since. Made forever friends and travelled to the most amazing places. The Company is a very good place to work for and are great for customers, flight deck and cabin crew.We do work long days on many flights where its a quick turnaround but we have plenty of free time off and fair rosters with trips evenly distributed amongst the others so no need to worry about getting left out.Customers just love coming on board with us, as they are excited about going on holiday or even a lucky few who won an "Ant and Dec TUI Takeaway Getaway". Sadly we can't apply.Live happy.

Don’t want to be valued…work here!

Shame employees are not valued and you’re just a number. Policies outdated and old fashioned and higher management lack skills and training to deal with real issues for real people. Want promotion, no chance it’s dead man’s shoes!! Again very outdated promotion policy, if your not legacy Britannia staff your getting nothing!

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Unsociable hours

Best job ever

Absolutely love this job. Although it’s seasonal, it’s not hard to find a job in the winter. Great working with different people, and you take people on well deserved holidays!

Pros

Crew meals, great pay, not overworked.

Cons

Long days, seasonal work

Not a positive experience

Horrible company to work for.Managers are apathetic and unskilled at best. Treated temp staff outrageously during the pandemic, should hang their heads in shame.Little support, treated literally as a number.

Pros

Free parking/uniform

Cons

Treated as expendable.

Once the doors are closed its ok

Working as crew is a lovely job. The company is not great. All talk and no action. Policies are hugely out if date. Management are poor at best. Untrained. Always do what they've always done. Can only challenge if it fits the narrative.If you can turn a blind eye to the corporate c*ap you will be ok. On the aircraft, with the public, is a lovely way to spend your days. Don't expect any assistance with requested days off. You need to book leave way in advance and it's on a bidding system. Sickness rates are high, perhaps due to this? Only my opinion.

Pros

Holiday discount

Cons

Constant changes. Inconsistency. Old fashioned. Lack of solid leadership. Seniority driven.

Best job ever

I adore working for Tui as airline cabin crew. The job itself, the company, the brand portfolio & entire mechanics withing the global travel & tourism industry. They are the fhe biggest & the best for a reason & I'm very proud to work for them & wear the uniform.

Pros

Great benefits, smart uniform, good pay

Cons

Seasonal contract March-October only

If you love to travel and work all hours it’s amazing.

You work all different hours day and night but after a while you get use to it. The sights you see make it all worth it in my eyes. You start only as a seasonal contract and it does take a few years to get an all year round contract but you will find that in any cabin crew job. All the staff are lovely. TUI equip and train you amazingly. It’s a lot of training and a lot of stress but it’s deffo worth it. You do a wide range of flights and see a lot of the world which is the main reason I do it. Customers are lovely as they are going on their holidays so they will always be in a good mood! I love flying but it isn’t for everyone. It’s a lifestyle, not just a job.

Pros

Discounts on flights, paid training, salary, hourly rate and commission, trips(stop overs in other countries that’s all paid for.) you get to see the world! Lovely staff.

Cons

Long hours and no shift pattern.

They do their best for employees

In my experience the best company I’ve worked for .. strong union that work along side Tui to ensure fair decisions are made . However If you start now be prepared to wait a long time for a permanent contract that’s just the way of business now.

Pros

Discount on holidays, good pay, great people

Cons

365 days of the year business difficult to get time off at short notice

Great company to work got

Great company to work for. We are kept informed of global occupancies at all times, very transparent. Training programme is excellent, and a fail is simply not an option. Just a nice company, no complaints.

Pros

Holiday concessions

Cons

Covid-19

Fantastic company

Love my job and love TUI. Unfortunately not being able to work through no fault of TUI due to no flights due to the pandemic.TUI really look after their employees.

Former crew

Don't let the marketing of TUI lead you in to false sense of security. TuI is just another company where you just a number.You will find most of the crew happy to work with. Like most of the CM, you will also want the flight to be over with.I would never want to return to this company. The work is seasonal, which means you having to find work over winter.During the pandemic TUI layer off seasonal crew who had given up secure job roles for a life in the skies.TUI conned them out of wages and didn't Furlough them TUI is one to avoid

Pros

Some great crew

Cons

TUI the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TUI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement