TUI Group

Travel Advisor76 reviews
United Kingdom76 reviews

targetconcessionholidayprogressiontravelcentrebookingoverseas

Very fast paced

I am a relatively new member of staff, which was very keen to work for this company. On the paper is all perfect but unfortunately there are a lot of issues in the every day life at work. Management requests and practical job are disjointed matter. The staff is overwhelmed with requests and so much red tape to get lost in it. Nothing makes sense. The training is good to start with, but becomes very soon non existent: there is no time to train properly and staff is left to solve all issues on their own, although they have no experience. Very bad press at the minute due to cancellations, staff has to face unhappy, furious customers on a daily basis but are not able to solve problems or to help at all.

Pros

Flattering uniform

Cons

Overworked, untrained, underpaid

Stressful self learning job

Job can be very stressful with having to multi task and try to learn at the same time. Management don’t help or give direction. Management don’t organise staff or Rotas leaving one day sort and one day to many staff . Learning the job is self taught. Lots of admin and complaints to deal with. Long days . Part time hours over five days . Full time staff have to pay back hours when working Sundays . Targets , target and more targets . Management and staff happy to point out when you have made a mistake but not help you to learn .

Pros

Wages

Cons

Long hours, no training and working in a small environment with the same people .

Insights into TUI Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Good company to work for

worked as cabin crew with tui first which was seasonal so that was a downside, left as crew due to seasonal job and went full time as a travel agent. good job progression if that is what you're after. not much of a work life balance in all honesty as it's a rota bases over 7 days a week, 8pm finishes at times. I'm based in a Superstore. Relaxed atmosphere and lovely to get to know customers who come into the shop.

Unreasonable targets

Company is okay to work for, most of the team you work with are supportive but there can be a competitive side as each person is out for their own targets so don't be surprised if you see people within your team being dishonest. The target they set each shop and your personal targets are unrealistic so the commission you earn is very poor, the basic pay is okay but be prepared to stay on at the end of the day to bank up but recieve no additional pay for doing so. The company's complaint system is absolutely appalling and if a customer is not happy it's like getting blood out of a stone they take ages to reply and give no support to the staff who are having to deal with the complaint and the unhappy customer face to face.

Overall good experience, few downsides but nothing major. If the team your in is decent and decent people it's a lot easier.Overall I would recommend

Good to start

Good place to start notCan then look at working as deputy manager and progressPay ok Can end up working most weekendsGreat training experiencesFun place

Ok

The actual job itself is ok and the pay is good when you are hitting targets. There is however no reward for good work ethic and no consequences for poor work ethic. Lazy and incompetent management not actually managing the team.

Fun place to work yet stressful at times

Lucky to have had an amazing manager who made the job even more exciting! She genuinely cared for her staff and always checked up on us.Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, I wasn't able to make the most of the benefits that TUI normally offer.

Great holiday discounts, nothing more

You are expected to man the shop floor constantly even to the point where you are pulled off your break to serve if the shop if short staffed! Very poor management, no room for progression, never finish on time and expected to arrive much earlier than your start time so the shop can be ready for opening. Rude customers that just see a uniform and not a person.

Great job, awful management

Worked at the Taunton Store - great job and benefits and customers lovely. Awful management failing and very clearly unable to cope with the new way of the world. Should have been removed a long time ago as the entire time I was there, staff retention was so poor 9 people had left in 1 year. Very unsupportive environment and known to provide no praise or training. The rest of team were lovely and the job itself was great. Would have stayed and was offered to stay in another location, but knowing area management were aware of issue and did nothing to change the toxic environment I knew it was time to leave into a job where you feel valued and respected.

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Upper management

Former tui adviser

On paper looks good! Very busy understaffed, training all over the place couldn’t get log in’s to do online training , very stressful, long days , no work life balance, pay per hour is above minimum wage now but that’s not eveything

Cons

Productive, fast paced and varied

Fun place to work but at times stressful. Driven with sales and targets even at the cost of customer. At times not enough staff Training was good and in-depth and quite a lot of support at the beginning.

Pros

The people

Cons

Can be rewarding but extremely fast paced and you're expected to know everything

You're customer facing, and often have to deal with some pretty awful customers - especially during the pandemic. Management don't speak to customers, and you're expected to deal with it yourself until it becomes challenging. Over loaded with work, and expected to hit unrealistic targets. Commission is laughable for a sales based job, and pay is minimum wage. The only reason I stayed so long was the perks they sold to you like points for certain hotel brands, however you rarely get to use them because flights etc are so expensive. You'll progress if your face fits or if you know the right people

Pros

points for hotels, concession towards a holiday after you've been there for a certain amount of time, good management in my region

Cons

long hours, expected to stay past your finish time to get the job done, poor pay, poor commission, unachievable targets, lack of recognition, no progression

Enjoyable working environment, great teamwork and support from peers.

TUI UK&I is a great place to build a career. I have worked for the company for a number of years in different destinations and it is a company I am proud to be part of.

Pros

Great incentives and discounts on holidays, hotels and excursions. Sociable working hours. Flattering uniforms.

Cons

Can be competitive. You have to fit the team Money could be better

Great work place , management always there

Great place to work, managment always go above and beyond if there is a problem. Very professional. The team are very strong together. Yes there have been a few problems which most company’s have regardless but as I said management are very professional and don’t discuss anything between the two of you to others and are very keen to sort a problem out there and then. Work place is very bubbly and enjoyable. Will be staying for a good while x

Pros

Discounts

Cons

N\a

Exciting workplace

Fantastic company to work for. Always something new to learn. Fast moving business. Management at all levels care about the staff and help staff to progress when possible. Not fantastic pay for a travel agent, but plenty of extra benefits to make it well worth it.the smile on my face when I go to work makes it all the more worthwhile

Pros

Discounts on holidays and more

Cons

Must be fully flexible and target driven

Best place I've ever worked.

The management is outstanding, supportive and encouraging. The team is wonderful there is not a blame culture and they support eachother. The job is demanding and the expectations are high but they are not unreasonable and the manageress is always on hand to help you hit your targets and help with problem areas. The company has a lot of opportunities for people looking to advance, there is always training available and they offer help for those wanting to study part time. The company also offers educational for example I was able to go on a taster cruise.

Pros

Training, advancement, the people.

Cons

Hours

Great opportunities

Great place to work, I believe in the Tui company motto. The pay is standard, not much more than minimum wage, but the opportunities for commission and great discounts on holidays makes up for that.

Only worked for Tui since December but the training and support was amazing and the opportunities to move forward in your career are high!

Love working for Tui even though our shop sadly closed due to Covid 19 they redeployed us into alternative roles and we were kept completely in the picture the whole time

Pros

Fun environment with plenty of room to expand

Cons

Great company and team members

Great company to work for with amazing benefits, team are fantastic and support is always there. Opportunities for career advancement locally or worldwide. Number 1 travel agents in the UK. Great customers who become friends for life

Pros

The team and benefits, management

Cons

Competitive environment, a lot of problem solving, commission isn’t great

Bad Management

Branch managers are under too much pressure to hit targets. This resonates down to staff. The online training was good for destination knowledge but system training was abysmal. I loved the actual job. I got a real buzz from finding the right holiday for customers. The company needs to take proper care of the new starters. Staff turnover is immense.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TUI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare TUI Group with

Learn about TUI Group in popular locations

• TUI Group
  • Travel Advisor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?