Turner

Turner Employee Reviews

Happy colleagues. Made some good friends there .Most people were nice and helpful with my tasks and queries. Most are approachable and willing to assist.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Some cliques make it hard to make friends
Great industry to work in and Turner is a a family business with a family culture. Been in business since 1905 and is well respected by our customers and suppliers.
Pros
Great benefits and family culture
I loved working at Turner. The people are great, the working conditions are great, and the benefits are great! I started at the bottom and moved up to management. So, it is definitely possible to forge a career at this company!
Pros
Great people with lots of experience
Cons
It can be long hours and working on holidays
Contact role that was supposed to become permanent within 6 month. However, that was before the big announcement. Overall, great team and environment.
Great co to work for when wanting exposure to Broadcasting. Fast pace and accuracy was key to ensure that work was clear and concise each time. Love the atmosphere of the different TV shows being created and manged at Turners many locations
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
24 7 365. No work life balance
Started off great but soon became clear that there wasn't much communication between shop and the office . We were on our own most the time which is good and bad . When it's bad it's bad
You talk every day with your bosses, you have meetings with other teams and external vendors. Every day you have time to respond to e-mails and develop presentations, strategy and talk with your clients. You have enough time to develop your projects and work on them.
I wish I would have taken into account the previous reviews about the job before applying. Because the reviews are TRUE. The culture of this department is horrible. I started in 2016 and the company (Turner) as a whole is great, but the entire Security department needs major revamping. Plenty of gossip, married people sleeping around, favoritism, no job advancement and much more. Do yourself a favor and apply for any department in Turner EXCEPT security.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, micromanage, culture
My negative review reflects my most current team and manager, I had many good and happy years that CNN but it is a different place now, at least in the area that I work in. It definitely adds stress and I am guessing that there is a effort from above that is forcing mgmt to trim the teams because of this year and the pandemic.
Pros
Good work/life balance and pay
Cons
stress and constant performance evaluations.
Horrible, unappreciative security managers. Illetrate, uneductated, with no management skills whatsoever! Clearly hired based on white privilege! Giving Turner a very bad image! No sense of direction, no work life balance. Security managers are absolute unprofessional/uneducated bullies! Security Officers are quitting everyday! What a shame !
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Security Managers
I had a busy and demanding job. The VP that I supported was new to the company. She had a lot of introductory meetings which kept her calendar filled throughout the day. Overall I enjoyed my job at Cartoon Network.
Pros
Enjoyed working at Turner. Employees extremely helpful.
Cons
Short breaks
Having to work under pressure because the job is tight with money but it is a rewarding place to work been there seven years and have enjoyed my time here. If you want a job that challenges you this is the price to work.
Pros
Vacation paid holidays
Cons
Health care could be better
Um dos melhores ambientes para se trabalhar, a formação da equipe é orgânica e a atmosfera impulsiona a sermos criativos. A empresa alimenta a auto gestão em prol da equipe descartando competitividade.
I worked at turner broadcasting in the ad sales department on the research side. People often get stuck at a particular level for years with little capacity for advancement. For someone who wanted to grow within the company, i found that incredibly frustrating.
Support the salesforce on customized application. Customers were great -- internal management, no so much. Worked on two projects. The original one folded and I was moved into another group. Where the first project was innovative, the second was closed, often hostile, biased, poor management and overall unhealthy environment. Not a lot of room for growth for employees outside of the clique. I found a new job outside of the company.
Pros
Commute was easy as the location was downtown.
Cons
Workplace favoritism, bias, .blatant inequities, and mgmt complaints were not seriously addressed.
A business that promotes diversity, creativity, inclusivity, flexibility and work life balance. The company has a beautiful campus that promotes happiness and a stress free environment. There are many perks including the food court, fresh food markets, company discounts, etc. It was a really wonderful place to work.
Great company if you enjoy content. There are too many areas and each of them has a different culture, so it depends of the kind of leader you get depending on your area, region or brand.
Trust is an issue To many agendas to manage Professionalism and Organazational Skills at a minimun Abilty to manage a team to sucess is a diffulcult process It requires innovation and thinking outside the box
CNN - Did remotes broadcast for news gathering. Breaking news is what we are best at and I served as a customer support to our client of CNN We were afforded all the tools to be successful in our career path
Worked on multiple Projects, multiple Media Teams, worked with multiple external Development Teams. The drive to and fro downtown Atlanta was tough. Good Cafe.
Good place to work in downtown Atlanta but there were no On-Boarding in place . It was inspiring to see all of the divisions working together as Change Management was at a higher level for implementations and validations for TNT, Warner Brothers, TBS, HBO and others.
  1. Employee reviews