Turning Point

Turning Point Employee Reviews

United Kingdom316 reviews

userpointrotasupportorganisationmisusestaffcentre

Lovely Team

Fabulous clients to work with. The support work team are indispensable and really support each other to keep the place going. Not much gratitude from higher management and inappropriate ways of speaking to staff. Management can be non existent

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Communication

Lovely workplace

Really my time at turning point so far, feel comfortable in my environment and around all my colleagues. Would recommend working for them, every day is different.

Insights into Turning Point

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Lovely place to work

Pretty new to working for turning point. So far my experience has been a good one. Staff members are lovely and management are helpful and supportive.

Absolutely terrible

Worse place I've ever worked and I've only been here a short time Management are never seen, team leader is awful to staff, often left alone on my own on a night shift.staff do not have a meal break. Definitely recommend to anyone working here.

Not a good place to work

Where do I start, higher management think they are the bee's knees,far from it ,if you put a complaint in about a member of staff ,they ignore it because they can't afford to lose staff ,pay is bad, only single pay for extra hours., you can earn more at McDonald's

Enjoyable and supportive

Huge amount of support given to me, and lots of company benefits offered too. Rewarding work helping others. Lots of opportunity for promotion. Loads of training as well and a shadowing period which was really helpful.

Very happy

I have previously worked for turning point in 2014 but left due to family. I returned in October 2021 and have since been promoted to senior, I love the workplace and can always rely on my work colleagues or managers to help me.We all work as a team.

Appreciated and acknowledged

No two days are the same- the individuals we support are at the centre of all that we do and every day is fun and therapeutic for all. Staff input is greatly appreciated and acknowledged and current management are actively listening to any concerns or better ways of working and making necessary changes. managers are informed and ensure relevant information is passed on to support staff. You get out of it what you put in to it.

Pros

The individuals we work with and the staff team.

work place

I am very happy working with turning point since I have joined full time job. Getting good support from team manager, Manager. I have learnt many things. Also got opportunity to do NVQ3. Very quick response. I am growing with more knowledge. I was given opportunity to take up senior role position. Making difference in vulnerable people's lives.

Rewarding and Inspiring Role

I am always learning something new at work. I feel motivated everyday and look forward to coming to work with the people i am supporting.The culture in my service has improved massively due to senior management listening to what i have to say.

The work is not hard and can be slow paced

My manager is great and the service users are great . The staff work well together and all the troublesome staff have left and this has made a difference. Supported living can be slow paced when used to working in nursing home.

Pros

Service users

Cons

Long shifts

Great team

Working at turning point is never boring, every day is different.There is always a very supportive team around you, if you have any problems they will know how to help.

A good organisation and lots of development opportunities

No two days are the same. Most days we learn something new about our role or the people we support.My Manager is very supportive and encourages me to develop within my current role.I feel valued by my Manager and the team of staff who I work with.

Good workplace

Fairly new to the company but so far so good. The team are very friendly and welcoming, couldn’t wish for a better team to work with. Management are in advance with Rotas and accommodating to child care.

Always access to training and support

Everyday is varied, training and mentoring is good if you need support.Job satisfaction knowing I have made a difference to the individuals we support

Supportive staff team

Been here for a few year now. I work 35 hours a week but always extra night shifts that have needed picking up allowing for the overtime when needed. Great staffing team who all support each other both inside and outside of work. Every shift is different, even two years on I'm still learning something new everyday. I've recently in a 1 to 1 chat divulged a health issue I've kept quiet ever since working here out if fear of being judged, however management were really supportive and this made me feel so much better in myself.

Progressive work place that cares

Turning Point look after their employees and offer great options for profession and growth. I can talk to my manager comfortably and the individuals we support are amazing.The job is so rewarding. Barnsley services are paid above average an hour and this rises regularly. There’s always overtime available as well.

Pros

Professional development, overtime

Wokeless...

Its a reasonable company as they go, I find its utter detachment from its employees by its constant barrage of WOKE ideology quite ridiculous, it Supports LGBT issues, but NOT the Ukraine conflict? etc. Its clearly all London centric and detached from reality. It supports the employees mental health, yet if you access its stress helpline, they will get back to you in a month!.

Pros

Family supportive

Cons

Care planning and admin all over the place and not user friendly.

Not all that bad

Turning point overall aren't THAT bad, yes some days are hard. Yes some days the management are rubbish, but isn't it the same wherever you go? Overall the work is nice, the staff are good and the pay is decent for social care. They help where possible to support a good work / life balance unless short staffed and under pressure to keep the schemes in safe numbers then your hounded but they do take no as answer. Do not apply though if your not willing to work the hours needed it is 24/7 365 days and you need to be willing to do your fair share.

Pro-active, fun

RewardingHours are goodCan be stressful and fast pacedOpportunities for promotion,Learning new skill setsBuild good relationships Good work/life balance

Pros

Easy to get to and flexible hours

Cons

Can be stressful

Good Company

Management listen to my concerns, great progression and I love supporting my clients.Interview was responsible.Constant updates about the businessI enjoy my job and feel like a big family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement