Turning Point

Turning Point Employee Reviews

United Kingdom326 reviews

userpointrotasupportorganisationmisusestaffcentre

Challenging yet rewarding

It is an honour to support the service users and help with their every day needs and growth in wellbeing and providing a good quality of life for all.

Care about there staff and people they support

I’ve worked for TP over 5 years. It’s a good company that care about the staff and people that they support .Good management and the team is helpful to everyone.

Pros

Pensions well-being BLC

Cons

It depends - as with any job there cons

Insights into Turning Point

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Don't Bother with this company - No Support.

If you want a supportive company - Don't bother looking here - Avoid at all costs.Poor management team - never there to support only care about getting people in and out of service.High caseloads and not enough support. High turnover of staff

Pros

There is no pro's to working for this company

Cons

Not enough support, the pay does not justify the amount of time and effort you out in

Nice place to work and fantastic management

As a staff member my hours is flexible.I have a good life balance.I think Management is responsible.I love the people that I support, it is what makes the place a good place to workp

Pros

Flexibility

somethings wrong when tesco pay you more an hour.

Yes someone at tesco is paid more an hour than you'll be looking after someone or from my experience keeping them alive and medicated. Team leaders and management will pawn there work off on you and expect you to have it all done correctly and have no problem throwing you under the bus to save themselves. One lad had to do a 24 hour shift after doing 4 days of 14 hours shifts because management didn't want to come in to cover it, and was back doing another 14 hour shift after only being given one day off. The team leader who didn't come in is still working there now 5 months later. This among many other reasons is why I left.

Good

I havent worked here for long but so far i have found it a nice place to work. The staff i have met are friendly and welcoming, it is a rewarding place to work.

Great place to work and grow career

Being relatively new to care, working at Turning Point has made choosing a career in care an easy one for me. I have support and encouragement from management to develop myself and grow in this profession. Also I get a sense of pride from seeing the changes I make with the People we Support.

productive outcomes

Daily management of two servicesSupportive senior management teamVaried management training when neededSeeing the people I support well supported accessing the community living life to the full

Excellent company to work for

I have worked for TP for just over two years now. The opportunities I have had in that short time have been so rewarding . I have been promoted to a senior , been apart of opening a new service, line managing a great team , been filmed for a short story, been published in a magazine and seen the person I support grow from strength to strength and achieve their dreams . Here at TP we offer great locations where the people we support live happy and are cared for/ supported to a high standard in a person centred way. The employees are valued , we have our own benefit scheme within TP where you can save money on the high street, cinema and phone contract deals and so on. Staff are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table and listened too. The training is great and covers all areas you would need to be the best support worker you can be . What I admire most about working for TP is how coming out of covid we all connected again and throughout summer we’ve run competitions for the people we support and held functions to celebrate their successes . It’s all about bettering the lives of others and promoting their independence in a positive way. I enjoy my job , but I enjoy it better in a company where Making a difference is everything and it counts .

Pros

Great management and rates of pay

Productive and nice place to work from

Started as a support worker 10 years ago with limited knowledge and with great support and guidence from my managers at the time I now am a Team manager. Good company to work for and a typical day can be fun to work and also can at times be stressful and every day is a different day. Caring and understanding with good benifits from blue light card to emotional and well being support.

Lovely workplace

Really my time at turning point so far, feel comfortable in my environment and around all my colleagues. Would recommend working for them, every day is different.

Lovely place to work

Pretty new to working for turning point. So far my experience has been a good one. Staff members are lovely and management are helpful and supportive.

Absolutely terrible

Worse place I've ever worked and I've only been here a short time Management are never seen, team leader is awful to staff, often left alone on my own on a night shift.staff do not have a meal break. Definitely recommend to anyone working here.

Not a good place to work

Where do I start, higher management think they are the bee's knees,far from it ,if you put a complaint in about a member of staff ,they ignore it because they can't afford to lose staff ,pay is bad, only single pay for extra hours., you can earn more at McDonald's

Enjoyable and supportive

Huge amount of support given to me, and lots of company benefits offered too. Rewarding work helping others. Lots of opportunity for promotion. Loads of training as well and a shadowing period which was really helpful.

Very happy

I have previously worked for turning point in 2014 but left due to family. I returned in October 2021 and have since been promoted to senior, I love the workplace and can always rely on my work colleagues or managers to help me.We all work as a team.

Appreciated and acknowledged

No two days are the same- the individuals we support are at the centre of all that we do and every day is fun and therapeutic for all. Staff input is greatly appreciated and acknowledged and current management are actively listening to any concerns or better ways of working and making necessary changes. managers are informed and ensure relevant information is passed on to support staff. You get out of it what you put in to it.

Pros

The individuals we work with and the staff team.

work place

I am very happy working with turning point since I have joined full time job. Getting good support from team manager, Manager. I have learnt many things. Also got opportunity to do NVQ3. Very quick response. I am growing with more knowledge. I was given opportunity to take up senior role position. Making difference in vulnerable people's lives.

Rewarding and Inspiring Role

I am always learning something new at work. I feel motivated everyday and look forward to coming to work with the people i am supporting.The culture in my service has improved massively due to senior management listening to what i have to say.

The work is not hard and can be slow paced

My manager is great and the service users are great . The staff work well together and all the troublesome staff have left and this has made a difference. Supported living can be slow paced when used to working in nursing home.

Pros

Service users

Cons

Long shifts

Great team

Working at turning point is never boring, every day is different.There is always a very supportive team around you, if you have any problems they will know how to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement