Turning Point Scotland logo
Turning Point Scotland

Turning Point Scotland Employee Reviews

2.6
Work-life balance

Very little money for too much work

Constantly overworked and very little support. They call themselves a caring employer, but when it comes to it, they haven’t a clue on how to treat staff fairly and only hear what they want to hear. Always asking for change, but when you put forward suggestions, they aren’t ready for progression. Way behind on technology and a lot of people in positions that know less than they should.

Pros

Hard to find any.

Cons

No support

Stressful and demoralising

The biggest mistake I ever made working for this company. They don't seem to employ staff that are excellent at what they do - they all seem either average or below average. Management are picked because they are yes men and not by talent. Hours are horrendous and long which can prove problematic. I am planning to leave due to other issues far too many to log.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, uncaring and clueless management.t.

Terrible Job, Poverty Pay

One just has to look at their job description to see that they're asking an awful lot from candidates for not much more than subsistence pay.Furthermore you're working with volatile and vulnerable people in a job that can be utterly exhausting.Exploitation if ever I saw it. Best a avoided.

Pros

Going home at nigtt.

Cons

Going to work

Good starting point

TPS offers a good starting point in the care sector with a good and regular training program. Your wages are always paid on time and if the wrong amount then is never anything to do with accounts. However, TPS has a strange policy on recruiting, particularly with management. I have seen people working extremely hard and pulled up for the slightest thing and on the other hand people who sit about on their phones of chatting to other staff and ignoring service users that seemed to get away with everything and in some cases ear marked for promotion. Complaints usually go unheard and when taken seriously at times can be brushed under the carpet.

Pros

training, service users

Cons

consistancy

Management don't listen to the employee when they are problems on the floor, and ignore the best way to solve this, don't agree with management decisions as sometimes not policy

Pros

Great meeting new service users

Cons

Not enough pay for sleep overs

Riddled with Nepotism

Managers ruin the work experience; most dont have a clue what they are doing especially the LD service in Renfrewshire; pals and family are given jobs and promoted without question; loyal and experienced staff are overlooked, the culture is very closed and biased again anyone that challenges them; staff are not appreciated or supported. MOST managers are uneducated and unable to string a sentence together they just happen to be Pals of service mangers etc. SO AVOID THIS COMPANY, especially LD.

Pros

service users

Cons

To many to name

The Clique

Too many favourites, backstabbers, gossips & lazy people - all staff! The clique are okay & if you don't fit in you're moved! The big gang who have been there 8yrs plus run the show! Watch your back, if you have ambition go someplace else!! If you are a thinker watch out for the rats especially next to the multis, the sticks & silesia.

Pros

Most Service Users

Cons

Backstabbing Clique Staff

badly organised

Was offered post, then on day I started was told that the that post no longer existed. Rather than the full time post I was expecting, post was basically no hours post. Wa given at most 4-6 hours per week.

Pros

Cons

poor communication. had to buy expensive packages for mobile phone.

I was part of a TUPE process.

As stated above, I was TUPE'd over to TPS, so had no choice in the matter. This is just my personal experience, but not one i enjoyed overall. I found the upper management to bullying and unsupportive, despite the job being totally different to my previous role.

Great place, staff not

Great place to work at start, clients were great, staff not so much. No help given when needed. Have to be good multi tasker, jumping from place to place to do different things. Great experience though for different kinds of people.

Jobs at Turning Point Scotland

See more jobs

Avoid at all costs !!!!!

My experience of working for turning point Scotland was terrible. Undervalued and underpaid - no respect from management they are only interested in getting the shifts covered and they don’t care about the safety of the people we support ! I could work back to back shift which is against the law but they didn’t care ! Management think they are something that they aren’t and close ranks and bully everybody. Management post disrespectful things on Facebook and think it’s ok. They have let all the good people go and left packages unsafe and they know it! Accidents waiting to happen in D&G especially in the west !

Pros

None !

Cons

Awful senior management

person centred organisation

There is no typical day at work. Everyday varies because of the nature of the business. The staff are all great, very friendly and welcoming. They really are driven by their ethos of Because People Matter and this is evident in the way staff and clients are treated. My role is so varied that I have developed an incredible amount of new skills in a short space of time, that in other organisations you would have to work in different departments/roles to obtain. I would say in my experience that management care about their staff. The atmosphere is a bit too relaxed for me and I find this difficult as I feel that things don't move as quickly as they could or should.

Awful Place to Work

Staff pretended to be nice on the first day then showed their real faces. They were rude, unwelcoming, ignorant and hostile. Passive aggression is paramount unless your face fits. A real clique existed there which I clearly wasn't part of. Disgusting people. The service users were all lovely. I lasted a whole 2 weeks there. AVOID.

All in all a company with poor management

Average company with a culture which lacks motivation and a management that appreciate their workers. Moral of staff very low, however excellent training and care givens of a very high standard.

Friendly faces

All the staff are very friendly and appreciative, they are really helpful and polite towards one and other. Within weeks of working I had made some new friends and managed to have a laugh with the team and the manager.

Fantastic

Such a good company to work for, although hours can be quite long such an understanding company and do there best for the staff to fit their needs, always willing to help and in return staff are happy and satisfied which makes there job a lot more enjoyable

good staff

Great place at first. Staff were a good team. Like many places it all goes on what the management is like. which eventually was bad when again a new manager took over and got rid of staff they disliked.

Pros

most staff were great.committed to the job

Cons

cronyism by managers

Stewartry services

If you want to be treated badly then it's the job for you, don't expect to get regular days off or hours, tps is meant to be family friendly, which it clearly isn't. The management is terrible, you either get ignored or something negative said, you never get praise. It would be a good place to work if staff were listened to. If your lazy you'll fit right in, the training is good. It's a very cleeky place to work, having to watch your back and what you say. The team is very divided which makes it awkward. Some folk get away with anything and the folk who do job properly get picked on.

Pros

Moneys ok

Cons

Long hours, majority unfriendly staff

Staff

I worked in Newton Stewart a few years ago. The Managers 2 daughters worked in the same place as her. Its obvious that family will work together its a small area.

Lots of training opportunities. SVQ's provided for free to workers. Hours can be pretty flexible. Good holiday entitlement and offices close over Christmas break. Carer's policy is a good update that helps a lot.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Can be a lot of travel

Lovely place to work now

I have worked in Newton Stewart for nearly 2 years now. In the past there was a really negative workplace culture. A lot of people were very unhappy but we had a big change at the end of 2018 and it has become a much happier and positive environment to work in. There has been a change in leadership too which has also been a very positive experience. I have learned a lot since starting here, there are lots of training courses available although we do have to travel quite far for them. Senior managers are flexible and helpful if you are having a hard time. The hardest part of the job is the dated IT equipment. It's very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all.

Pros

Colleagues, people we support

Cons

Have to work some nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point Scotland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8