Turning Point

Turning Point Employee Reviews

Been working for almost 2years the management is very poor and don’t support with training.The n management is unreliable.They hire their friends and relatives and favours them when it comes to duties.Treats them like kings and queens.Awful company to work for.No confidentiality they discuss your private matters with everyone.The stres of working for this company is beyond me.
Cons
Lack of support from management
Would never work there again. No work life balance. Management were not supportive at all. No proper training was given. Too many case loads for one person to deal with.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
They don't pay hours worked, overtime expected without being asked rota's changed without notice. 14 hour shifts without breaks. Lousy mangement at all levels who play favourites. Quite soul destroying.
Pros
Cons
Working for Turning Point
Management and team are amazing, this makes the job less stressful as you feel supported in a number of ways. The work hours are flexible and again management take the staffs thoughts and feelings into consideration, diverse team all very helpful, reliable and with great work ethic, there is room to grow within the role and opportunities to train and work your way up the ladder however, I believe that the pay for support workers could be reconsidered and increased to match the intensity of the role.
Pros
flexible shift patterns, room to grow within the organisation
Cons
pay dose not match the role and duties
Understaffed, terrible pay for the amount you do. Be expected to be able to drop all of your work with no notice. Rude management who can’t be bothered to train staff properly, no organisation, expected to run three clinics on your own sometimes. This place takes a toll on your mental health
Pros
None.
Shocking management structure. Senior posts given to people with no management skills. Bullying is ignored and sometimes encouraged. Caseloads are huge and expectations high. The teams are good and support each other in the absence of management. Work life balance not given a second thought. Worst place ever.
Pros
Good teams
Cons
Poor Management
Management do not know what confidentiality is.Everyone knows everyones business,they like to side with staff and treat certain staff like rubbish and others like queens.Just a stressful place to work as you take your stresses home with you,they say its support work its more like nursing.Individuals are lovely to look after and some staff are nice to work with.
Cons
When I began working for TP the service I was at had a lot going for it. Unfortunately, over the years that followed, I watched as it declined due to poor management and unruly staff members.
Pros
Local to me
Cons
Bad to no management
I’m a bank worker i enjoy my shifts and they are very well structured. The clients have lovely homes and are a pleasure to care for. Always working with someone else in a homely environment
Pros
Shifts lengths
Cons
Early starts
The job role was amazing, the demands were completely unfair. The caseload was so high it became unsafe and a risk to the clients due to managing medications.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Heavy case load
It’s a great place to work because the residents and staff. Management are unbiased and pretty good at doing their job. It is my first job in care and I love it so far. I learnt so much in a short amount of time and I got the support I needed.
loved the people supported but was frustaring at times and felt ee run the houses ourselves and if things went wrong we didn't get good support sadly emotionally this ruined my relationship
Pros
time with people was enjoyable at times
Cons
hours and expectations
Really good to work for. Really help you in your job give you good support if you have an issue.Work with nice people who make the job enjoyable and fun
Pros
Free lunches tea and coffee
Cons
Worked place ever.Breaches of confidentiality on a regular basis, if it was CQC registered it would have been closed down by now.Feel sorry for the clients who live there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Dirty and poor practices of staff.
Worked for this awful company for little under a year. They treat employees terribly (particularly support workers). No advice, formal induction and training given to cope with behavioural difficulties from service users. I felt so out of my depth and endangered at times. Management had a policy whereby support workers would be blamed for behavioural disturbances in intellectually disabled service users. I suffered from terrible depression and anxiety before I left this employer. They drained me of my enthusiasm, compassion and care for my service users. Please avoid if you value your well-being and state of mental health.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, unsupportive management, blame culture.
I worked for TP for about 18 months in a residential setting supporting adults with learning disabilities.To start, I was never inducted properly. There were things I needed to know but wasn’t told. Management haven’t a clue about the needs of their service users. Nor do they want to know. They shut away in the office. All they care about is policies and procedures and making sure the company looks good when they should be paying more attention towards what’s in the best interest of the people they ‘support’. There isn’t enough money, staff or time to provide person centred care which is completely Turning Points fault but when questioned, they like to accuse the support workers of not caring. Management didn’t understand that a meaningful activity is what is meaningful to the service user, not what turning point classes as meaningful to look good in the records. I did a lot for that company, picking up loads of overtime, completing paperwork and organising things that was managements responsibility. There was absolutely no gratitude, management wouldn’t think twice about throwing their staff under the bus to cover themselves. The pay is atrocious, no one can live without struggling on Turning Point’s hourly rate as a support worker. I’d go as far as to say it’s dangerous to work for this company, they will not support you, if something goes wrong, they will blame their employees and get people in serious trouble. Their values contradict massively, I wish I had enough time and energy to document. The only positive thing I can say is the hours are flexible, that’s it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The entire company
Great staff management very poor and unsupportive very unfair to get past ones probation as one had to complete a very difficult care standard test as well as the demands of ones job
Pros
Friendly day to day staff
Cons
Long hours unsupportive
I was working with turning point for nearly 4 years and to start off I loved my job it didn't even feel like a job I enjoyed it so much. Then you have other employees spreading gossip/ roumers that management pull you in for and have a go as if what they have heard is true, when its far from it. Management talk to you like something on the bottom of their shoe and don't care how it affects you. Never walked out of a job before but this one gave me no choice my health is more important and I will be valued somewhere else. Im not dirt on your shoe so start respecting your employees and maybe your staff turn over won't be so high.
Pros
Non
Cons
Stay clear
Face fits management and clinical management team. They make the decisions and not on the best interests of the clients.Particular clinical team members get away with conduct issues due to hierarchy.No progression Opportunities and bullying in the workplace, from all levels. Very high turnover of staff due to issues with management, so continuously high caseload and expectations remain the same of the recovery workers
Pros
Clients
Cons
No recognition, poor management, bullying in the work place
Dreadful dreadful! Horrible company do not work for them! You are left to fend for yourself no support bullying from management sporadic pay and when you question this you are made to feel at fault. Having to watch very good staff leave over and over brings low moralClients are lovely to work with but they end up losing out at the high turnover of staff.
Pros
None existent
Cons
I worked as an Administrator at Turning Point last year. It was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The training was inadequate. The working conditions were awful. Staff were treated like minions. There is a huge blame culture here. Any suggestions I made to improve the office environment were immediately ignored. I was called a liar by one of the head office management. team team team, even though I knew for sure that what I was saying was true
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
  1. Employee reviews