Twinkl

Twinkl Employee Reviews

1. Frequent changes which can be stressful2. You spend most of your time filling spreadsheets and understanding non required emails.3. No one cares about your wellbeing, you can find that only in emails.4. Everyone lives in some kind of stress but can't say it out as they fear that they'll lose the job.5. If your manager likes you, you're fine otherwise it's a tough place.6. Anyone can come and join higher management. No prior experience required.
Pros
Some good people around you
Cons
Bad management, stressful job, low salary, no support from upper management
Loads of friendly, passionate people that make work fun (most of the time). There's loads going on and the pace can be quite fast, which I enjoy. Previous jobs I've had have been boring/unmotivating at times but I never find myself clock watching at Twinkl. Best culture I've experienced in the corporate world.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Occasional high pressure
Honestly I'd avoid! If you want a progressive career it's not here. Your job is nothing like the one that's advertised! Work at 100 miles an hour, don't ask questions, be a yes person. The managers are teachers who actually have no knowledge of running a business but what they say goes. The CE0 approves and declines everything and has favourites. They report back on everything you do, say, think.
Pros
Put up a good talk, but all fake.
Cons
Work long hours for little reward, Do as you are told and dont ask questions, as they don't have the time to answer, direct quote.
I have had a very positive Twinkl experience since joining the company 3 months ago. The induction process was comprehensive and I felt they made a real effort to make new remote employees feel like part of the Twinkl team.The work load is full-on but the support from colleagues is great and there is plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
Flexible hours, achievable targets and effective management. The work is interesting and varied, and you're trusted to work independently. There's lots of opportunities for meeting other team members (virtually) and socialising.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Salary could be higher.
It is a very fast paced company that produces some great resources. However there are many inconsistencies within the company. It can be a very stressful environment and is very target driven. Teaching is much easier!!!
Pros
The response during Covid 19 has been excellent, Some employees really are great people, There is a great ethos of support and collaboration in some groups.
Cons
Different advice is given depending on who you work with, Often you can have 3 different people telling you to do contrasting things, Platforms change constantly so it is hard to find any time to keep on top of them, Productivity seems to be the most important aspect and turnover is fast and rushed, The company seems to focus more on numbers than quality or details, You do wonder if you can trust anyone as people talk behind your back and observe work conversations
Started well, grown too big for its boots, bullying and micromanagement are rife, no trust meaning decisions are made slowly meaning a lot of rush jobs and last minute work. This equates to overtime and high stress.
Sufferred PTSD as a result of working at Twinkl. Unnecessary stress caused by incompetent HR and poor leadership. Double standards and negative culture. CEO bullies people and set people up to fail with HR.
The reason I would say they are a bit like Marmite isn't just down to whether you like them or not, but also as to whether you actually get a decent wage or not. For a Graphic Design job I never expected to be fighting for the same pay as my fellow designers, however, "Entitled Pay" and a "Pay Rise" get confused a lot with HR and the CEO. People with the same qualifications and same experience as you can be hired into the company and be earning £16,000 right off the bat. But you are somehow still on minimum wage (which at that time was £10,800 aprox). Again, however, they didn't understand that me asking for £5,000 more isn't a payrise when the person earning that much more is doing the same job at the same level as me... In a nutshell I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but I can understand why a lot of new employees at the company would say they're an amazing company because if you get paid the proper wage straight away then congrats cause the work is easy, the people are nice and the benefits are decent... but unfortunately I never experienced such a thing.
Pros
Free cake, nice people and easy work.
Cons
Everything else.
  1. Employee reviews