Ty Hafan logo
Ty Hafan

Ty Hafan Employee Reviews

Supportive Culture

Great place to work. Management very supportive. Workload can be challenging at times and targets can seem a bit out of reach. Work life balance is excellent and colleagues dare a pleasure to work with

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Low(ish) salary

Good work life balance but management rule by fear

Have loved my years at TĹ· Hafan, but management tier is very cut throat and has been very unstable. Many changes at Executive and CEO level. So many changes with lack of future direction.

Pros

Work satisfaction

Cons

Expectations of management and ruled by fear

In it for love, not money.

Managed shop. As a charity, the work the nurses do at the hospice is simply astounding, admirable, and amazing. From that perspective, I was very proud to work for Ty Hafan.However if you work on the retail side, be prepared for toxicity, belittlement, lack of gratitude, backbiting, being overlooked, and constant criticism from everyone above you. Make sure you bring your backbone.

Pros

Amazing volunteers I'm still friends with today.

Cons

As above.

Poor Management at Head Office

Sadly very poor management at Head Office with confusing leadership and little direction for staff. Stressful place to work due to unmanageable workload and lack of understanding of people’s job roles. Many people off sick due to stress.

Pros

Fair salary

Cons

Stressful workload with poor management

Demanding staff

Has had a few issues with staff demands over the last few years, with good members of staff being pushed out with inexperienced staff being favored. Senior staff and care management are out of touch with the demands of nursing. 4 different CEO’s in the space of 5 or so years is a bit of a concern.. no direction from the top level and concerns within the board are issues

On a voluntary basis, it's a great place to work! Everyone is really friendly and always comes to your help when needed without judgement. Was able to learn in a relaxed environment and was given a lot of opportunities within the local charity shop.

Productive and fun workplace

I have absolutely loved my time at Ty Hafan! I was a volunteer at weekends and couldn't have found a more enjoyable place to work or even ask for kinder staff. By far the best job I've ever had.

Ambiente lavorativo molto piacevole

Pieno di persone di culture diverse, persone sempre cordiali. Nessun sovraccarico di lavoro.

Good Co-workers

I would clean newly donated clothes, keep items in good order, deal with customers at the till and most importantly make cups of tea. Very relaxed culture but still got the job done.

Fun work place

I enjoyed volunteering In ty hafan and I made some life long friends while there. Working along line the boss was a great way for me to learn the ropes very quickly and they are such a welcoming company.

Pros

Helping others

Cons

The main boss

Jobs at Ty Hafan

See more jobs

productive

Friendly working atmosphere, Part time work, Steaming was the hardest part of the job, Assisting customers and working on the till was the most enjoyable part of the job

work place

I enjoyed working at Ty Hafan it was a fun place to work everyone got on well with one another each day was different i learned how to manage stock how to serve customers and how to handle money and how to stock rotate how to tag clothing and price other items i also learned how to use a manual till correctly.

Pros

learn something new everyday

volunteer

volunteer any days you wished /meeting new people every day/helping people / good people to work for. helping with the donations weather it be cash or clothes

excellent place to work for a brilliant cause

ty hafan is an enjoyable place to work friend management and volunteers. i have learnt a lot from volunteering at ty hafan customer service. the best part is meeting an greeting new people an knowing all your hard work is going to give children a better quality of life.

was a good fun place.

Loved working there for the first two years, we had fun while still getting on with the job I.e putting furniture together or apart, taking deliveries, til work. Then a new area manager had new idea's that I personally did not think would work...since onlyone person is still there out of ten, I think I was right.

Pros

workmates

Cons

new idea's

good for work experience

it is a really helpful for place for work experience it helps you learn how a workplace runs it shows you how things are done and it trains you for a workplace

Productive and friendly workplace

I enjoyed my time at ty hafan and I continue to help out there in my spare time. It is a lovely environment. They welcomed me to the team and helped me gain confidence when working with customers. I would recommend this job to everyone looking for a clam and friendly place to work.

great place to work

ty hafon is a great place to work and is good with customers when its open and you can easily get on with all the employees or volunteers that work there

Great Colleagues and a fun environment

It is a great place to do volunteer work in as in the Maesteg branch where I volunteer the other volunteers are great fun and we all get on very well together

Pros

Good learning curve for shop work

Great place to volunteer

I have been able to learn a lot about the charity and the great work that they do. Fantastic place to volunteer the staff working here are all great. Very busy and hard work at times with all the furniture but it is worth it. Brilliant to gain experience and to build up a cv.

Pros

Great atmosphere and a great cause to support

Cons

no cons at all

Quiet workplace

A typical day at Ty Hafen, would involve organising stock and making sure the shop floor was kept presentable. The workplace was very quiet and I did find that there wasn't much to do throughout the whole working day.

Cons

Very quiet workplace
  • Ty Hafan