UK Government - Department of Health and Social Care
View all UK Government - Department of Health and Social Care reviews

UK Government - Department of Health and Social Care

UK Government - Department of Health and Social Care Employee Review

A new Challenge for everyone

As a site lead for the first covid test walk in centre in Scotland. It was a challenge coming up with how to correctly run the site. However the team from Deloitte and the team members who stuck it out, we became a great team with a sense of purpose, helping the public through one of the darkest times for the whole world. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there and if it was not for it being a temporary contract I would still be there.

Pros

4 days off, good hourly rate of pay.

Cons

No job security.

2.0Job security/advancement

Great pay but that's about it

If all you care about is the pay and you can handle constantly being critiqued then this is the job for you. But if you're looking for a job that actually cares about you and values you as a person, don't work here. The individual people are nice but the managers only care about performance, even if it destroys you mentally due to the extreme workload that never gives up. The managers set bad examples of how to work and then complain when you do as they do.You are always busy with extra tasks being given to you with no extra pay and no recognition. They will take advantage of you if you work hard.

Pros

pay, flexible hours, working from home

Cons

work culture, temp staff are badly treated, no control over your team (you can be moved with no choice or notice), no help from managers with issues/ stress at work, not all treated equally, unbalanced workload

Good work place

Great team to work with and culture is top notch. Overall a good place to work.Good induction, policies and work ethics well acceptable. Staff safety and welfare observed.

Very well paid for a relaxed pace of life

Really well looked after. Money is excellent and conditions are brilliant. My only problem is that we are sort of left to it. I work at a covid test site, and unfortunately once the setup team is gone, there is little in the way of senior management support. The job is manageable enough for 95%, however whenever there is a query which requires senior support, you know its going to be a farce. Recruitment and payroll structures need working on.

Pros

Great money and conditions.

Cons

Support lacking for some functions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Government - Department of Health and Social Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3Job security/advancement