UPS

United Kingdom622 reviews

Found 622 reviews matching the searchSee all 51,686 reviews
postcodedrivervanunsociablewhilstpackagerubbishdeliver

Internal progression

Managers were happy to encourage cross training across different roles within the warehouse, to help you gain skills and apply for leadership positions

Pros

Nice people

Hated it

Driver for 30 years. The worst managed company I've ever experienced. Ridiculous rules and regulations. Managers have no idea how to manage. Back stabbing people in the extreme. Well paid. But still not worth it.

Pros

Miney

Cons

Everything else

Hard work long hours

Bad management..no HR Skills...Long hours...but pay good.No hr support..no management support..Very tough on driving skills...long hours...no support very little training...apart from first few weeks.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long hours...bad management

Stressful

The management team think they’re officers in the army. The centre manager isn’t a nice human being. 12 hour plus days 5 days a week. Send you out to fail.

Not bad for the first 6 months

Over worked by brainless leaders, under staffed 24/7. Not a bad job to see what the bottom looks like. Recommend if you think we have more then 2 genders.

Useless management

You’ll be working 2/3 hours past your finish time every day without support. Management are rubbish and useless. Money is fair. Rubbish company to work for.

Pros

Time goes fast

Cons

No support from management

Great team

Great team, all staff in the same boat, supportive manager who took feedback very well. Supportive and encouraging place to work with opportunities if you wanted them.

Decent company

Cant complain they pay well but need to take slow on begginers as you can end up with lots of parcels collections and the Diad dont always show the parcels you have in the van so be careful, If they update their Died and system to have alll parcels in order for you to deliver without you having the plan ahead this company would be 7 stars 100%

Pros

Good money and good management

Cons

Prepare to work overtime everyday

It was ok

This wasn’t my dream job. I fount that if your face fit you was ok, if not you was not supported very well. It was ok for a job to see you through. It’s not a long term job.

Pros

Could have a coffee when I pleased.

Cons

Hard work. Little pay.

Honest review from an ex employee

An absolute horror show, management are a disgrace. If you are a brown nose driver you will get on fine! Can’t do no wrong! Vehicles are old and not replaced. using scrap vans for parts. Horrible work conditions. Bent over backward and worked all through covid and covering sickness! “Sick culture” money is decent but better is out there! No training at all for anything! Honest review! Avoid at all costs.

This job is all about what you make it

Job is Monday to Friday, and Saturdays avialable as overtime, its not easy but also not the hardest, your out on your own making your own decisions, if you struggle then help is available, management are ex drivers so have a good understanding with your point of views, and will help if they possibly can

Pros

Mon to Friday, good home/ work balance

Cons

I can't think of any

What is the best part of working at the company?The peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?People calling outWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The fast pace What is a typical day like for you at the company?The fast pace helping the team to get the work done

Not sure

It would be a perfect place to work if management would know what to do. Simple way is not a thing that they do. It's poor planing every day and drivers are 90% of the time told off because their preload didn't follow the daily plan.Although they are advocating health and safety on every poster , on every wall in the building, there's no such thing in any of the Ups buildings.Money wise, the wage is good for the industry. Could be better if we were paid a stress bonus.

Wish I stayed

I was what’s called a “tender” when I was there, we did 21 hours a week Monday-Friday and pay was decent. Fun place to work and management was never too strict

Pros

Sick pay

Cons

Short shifts

So bad. If you have no self esteem this is the place to be. They love yes men and hate anyone who has an opinion.

Terrible place to work. Dont bother. Money is ok to start but once you are in you quickly realise what you got yourself into. Management is appalling. They push and push to get more done then treat you like a pariah when something inevitably goes wrong.

Pros

Cons

Managers. Regime

bad drivers

good job heep you fit,lot of work ,drivers think your there for their entertaainment,you do your job with your handheld machine when your finished they give yo their machine so you do all thewir running aswell as your own,they are supposed to drop you near your home at end of yopur shift but the drivers will drive passed your house just to deliver one or two more packages then let you walk home from that spot usually about 3miles from your home,not all drivers are like it i had one who would be as helpful as he could be,they also fill your trollies so full they fall off , (so be warned drivers will use you then laugfh about it back at depot).

Stressful and difficult job with little/no-training.

On my first day I was put straight into unloading after reading and signing a waver that tells you the dos and don'ts. I received no training and was just meant to learn as I go.On my last day, I decided to quit as I nearly had my arm broken due to an oncoming package that I managed to move my arm away from just in time.Overall, I was fatigued and tired each day and was getting panic attacks (Never experienced them beforehand) whilst driving to the job.

Cardiff ups Pre-loader / sorter

Good form of exercise but often tedious work, working as a group was seldom boring with the different characters on the production line, very unsociable hours as we would normally start earlier than the 5am start time stated in the interview.Some of the management were really good but most were only interested in getting the job done.Overall a good job with relatively good pay with a chance to progress if you put the work in and do not cause arguments while there.

Hard work well paid

Hard work well paid. Holidays are quite difficult to get. Monday to Friday 9-6. . Unpaid lunch. Only asked to do overtime during peak. No work facilities as building is very dated. Feel job is secure

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Hard to get holidays

nice atmosphere

nice atmosphere, good management, low salary,everyone is super nice. lot of nice event is organized in our office. take ages to response for my permanent application.

productive and fun workplace

a very good place to work for anybody male or female.early mornings but means that you get the day to yourself plus earn a bit of money.i would recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement