UPS

UPS Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Found 134 reviews matching the searchSee all 46,777 reviews

Some days could be quite testing.

Hard work but the pay compensated for the work required.Once on the road you managed your own time. Sometimes it could be a challenging job, I cool head under pressure was needed.

Pros

Well paid no weekend or bank holiday work.

Cons

High expectations from the company.

No complaints

I worked at UPS for around 4 years and had no complaints. Management were great, working hours were great, pay was above average. I've had a few jobs since and UPS was by far my favourite job I have had.

Pros

Good working hours and salaries, good holidays

Cons

nothing

Not to bad

It’s one of them jobs where if ur good at what you do with quick adapting n learning you will be okay but u work to hard and they will punish you n give u more work like most companies to be honest The pay should defo be better then what it is

Pros

Work times

Cons

Not enough pay

Terrible working conditions

Horrible company to work for good pay unsociable hours turnover of staff is very high no real help very physical work with no help very much disappointed as a job was not as good as it was made out to be no real guidance regarding work ethics

Drivers Mate

Working at UPS was a great experience although it was only a temporary positionI felt part of a great team and loved travelling and delivering parcels and all over London and just a great Courier Company To work for look after there staff and pay very good salary’s and bonus’s and would recommend anybody to work for them.

Cons

Hours are Long But Very Flexible

Very challenging, physically and mentally

I worked for UPS for over two years. My first month or so was very difficult and I felt like giving up. A week’s residential training course in Tamworth followed by on-car training for a few weeks was a steep learning curve, often covering unfamiliar areas with large volumes of parcels to deliver and collect. It became significantly better when I got allocated my own regular route (Towcester) and I quite enjoyed the job, especially with getting to know many regular customers. The good salary made it worthwhile. The long hours, especially before Christmas, did become a problem though, hugely impacting on my family, as the workload and pressure increased and I felt safety was compromised. A silly incident involving a high-value parcel not being delivered correctly to a dishonest customer ultimately cost me my job, but by this time I was happy to leave anyway due to stress.

Pros

Excellent salary. The brown uniform.

Cons

Very long hours. Excessive workload. Dishonest customers.

Good stable job

Good salary. Colleagues are good people. Not for everyone, they have a strong turn over of staff, but if you can stick it out its a good job with very few challenges. Overtime is forced during your probationary period but after that they won't lean on you so much.

Pros

Fair workload most of the time, good pay, good vans, mon -fri, set routes

Cons

Mangers can be slave masters at times, office clerks can put unfair pressure on you.

There is Good and and plenty improvement needed

start with bad ..? You will be forced to do overtime. Lot of staff complains not been paid correctly - underpaid, not paid overtime. Always understaffed. Many complains-some Managers are rude to employees. Good stuff- Weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year all off work - Not like some other warehouses. So possible to plan ahead. Summer, it is time, when company prefer let staff on annual leave - actually it is best time-as it is very hot in warehouse in summer. And winter when weather is muggy best to get back to work , and keep it hot while working. You don't get penalised if targets not achieved. some staff seems like working in slow motion. Long lunch breaks. A lot staff play up hours just wondering around in warehouse, not like other warehouses.

Pros

Weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year not working days, or optional 1.5 pay.

Cons

Many comlains salary not paid correctly, some rude managers.

One of the best company for delivery drivers.

Demanding job with a heavy workload but the top company to work for as a delivery driver.The workload is the biggest struggle, but you are well paid for this.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Heavy worklead

Work hard and pay well

Long hours but well paid. The management nesd you around when you are in the depo.Extra rewards are promised but it is rare they are given out, unless you are a favoured driver.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Long hours and poor management

Haven't got paid

I was working for them at the beginning of year 2021. I left after a week because the hours didn't work for me. I am still chasing my money for the hours I worked.

No work life balance

Monday to Friday UPS expect you to deliver everything they give you, due to the large amount this usually means you’ll be working long hours. Expect to be rushed off your feet throughout the entire shift, majority of the drivers I knew without a Tachograph worked through their breaks just to get home earlier which the company doesn’t actually allow.The pay is good and the overtime is decent also, however the way the business is run is atrocious and the depot I specifically worked in had very poor management. Not one driver seemed to happy with the job itself, most stay on for the money but that’s about it.So if you’re money motivated and happy to delete Monday to Friday from your life, join UPS.

Pros

Good money and overtime always available.

Cons

Long hours, poor management and overloaded with packages.

Good job if you're energetic and organised

High delivery volume so you need to be organised and efficient to get days deliveries done to finish on time, I found most of the driver's only took short lunch breaks in order not to finish late.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Hard work

Full of empty hope and promises

Took on a temporary helping job , I was told work hard and there is a high possibility of permanent work if you work hard , I worked hard and worked all the hours going and when they don’t need you they just send a text to say “ thanks but contract has ended now “.

Pros

Pay good, Staff friendly

Cons

Management awful, demanding, nice when they need you discarded when your not

Okay for a while

Okay to stay at the place for a while but if you stay long term it isn’t worth it. Management is poor and the culture is borderline toxic at times due to the demand and excessive pressure from management made even worse during the pandemic.

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

No breaks

A job

Great pay even better pay if your slow and rubbish at your job!!!! As overtime is endless and the better and quicker you are at the job the less you earn!!!!!!Your treated like your in the army clothes inspection and marched about.

Pros

Money

Cons

Too many

Getting the Job Done

Work fast , being in the right place at the right time , nothing difficult easy and repetitive . You are an important small cog as part of a team. Fast moving manual work not excessively dirty , work mostly indoors in a good ventilated area, you can give up the gym membership. Clean areas to rest, eat and drink .

Pros

Team work, range of hours and overtime, fair pay.

Cons

None for the type of work employed to do.

Under paid slaves

Nice colleagues, disgusting management and pay structure, i would only advise to work for this company for contracted hours as overtime hours are not paid correctly

Pros

Meet nice people from all walks of life

Cons

The pay system is a scam

Rubbish pay.

The pay is purposely kept low so they don't pay your pension, yet it's advertised on the job advert. Also have to put in nearly 10 more hours of overtime before the overtime rate starts!

Pros

Cons

C#ap pay and hours

Very good pay, very little reward.

worked at UPS for over 12 years in the warehouse, didn't hate the place but the work was hard, certain people would rise to the challenge, but these people constantly carried the ones who didn't want to work hard and management never did anything about it. Very little opportunity to progress and no bonuses or reward at all even when the company make a massive profit. The pay is excellent and the job is secure if you keep your nose clean.

Pros

Good hourly rate of pay, job security.

Cons

Hard work, repetitive work, low moral between staff.

Worked during COVID being told it’s a full time job but was fired with the other team members as our probation ended

I worked as a key worker during lockdown being told that the job is permanent and worked for 3-4 months and was constantly berated by the other workers and management staff and then was fired just as me and my co workers probation ended so they don’t have to pay anything towards the benefits that’s advertised with the jobs

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Stressing and abusive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

16.3K