Uber Drivers

2.9Pay & benefits

Found 206 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,993 reviews
driverlondonapptaxifareriderearncar

Fun but hardwork

Flexible work but earnings could be in waves up and down with higher fixed costs and new legislation with regards to tougher vehicle requirements it is a sweatshop.

Worst job ever

There is only one advantage: you work whenever you want. That's it.Rest is rubbish;Experiences are really high; can maintenance, fuel and above all insurance for Private hire. Licencing and others. If you want make any money you must do weekends and nights. But that means: drunk people getting sick in your car, and yes, Uber pays for cleaning but once it happens you can't drive till your car is cleaned, and you loose money. Long hours.No life.Very unstable No students, no jobs so summer holidays are very quiet.No payed holiday.No place to park in the town centre Won't recommend to my worst enemy.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Expenses, long hours, no hiliday, no security, no life

Insights into Uber Drivers

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Terrible

Terrible underpaid.. Below minimum wage... If someone damages your car they accept no liability. If you can't log on due to their system failure they don'y pay you. Only benefit is that you are fully flexible. AVOID!!!!!!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Long hours, Below minimum wage

Uber partner

We’ll had a a great experience working at uber is wasn’t wicked an amazing, getting paid into your account was better then getting cash into your pocket

Pros

Free

Cons

60 hours

Meeting new people

Always a problem with job distribution controlling what drivers earn when the driver is the one investing in all the costs and time always making the driver work harder for the investment

Pros

Waste of time

Cons

Too many hours

low pay and over time working

it's always about customer and driver barely has rights or compensation for loss due to uber customers. driver is always told what to do but our feedback is never appreciated.

Pros

timing

Cons

customers have more value than workers

Below minimu. Wage

Should be illegal the average take home after costs is below minimum wage the layout is thousands and the take home is below national minimum wage.Think very carefully about costs before attempting

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No money

Determination & positive thinking will help on your slow days.

Manage your time and have a target, of how much you want to earn before starting each shift. If possible try to have your own car to save on cost's. The hardest part of the job, is overcoming slow days.

Pros

Your responsible for your own shift pattern.

Cons

It can be long hours

Flexibility

Apart from flexibility there are no benefits to this job. I feel like uber or any of the app private Hire companies do not look after you well. I feel they actually take from us than give.

Pros

choose hours and days

Cons

Dont look after staff well

The industry is now saturated with drivers

Once they have taken their cut, you have paid your insurance and all the other revenue expendature, you're left working for less than minimum wage. Not worth it.

Super all round

U your own boss long as u are able to do your job the best way possible ie on time patients calm and be able to conduct excellent service in your professional manner

Pros

Give much time as u can

Cons

Never be late on jobs

Pay structure

Before uber had a system in place which would allow a driver to do crossborder work for example if u dropped a job in another city u could work in that city and earn a decent salary which would cover the cost off running a car and pay your bills ontime but as soon as uber decided to stop cross border everything went pair shape like myself car got repossessed lots my income and lost my job...

Pros

London

Cons

No other city

Very easy to work for and very flexible.

Uber is a good company to work for. I would advise uber for anyone looking for an easy work life balance. Pay is good if you are willing to put in the hours. Not very stressful which is a plus. Management/help can be a bit tricky to get a hold of but when you finally get in touch they are very helpful.

Pros

flexible

Amazing

Uber is a basic Job which gets you a great salary and is an great job. It’s very recommended tons of people have enjoyed it as a driver I recommend it

Pros

Easy to setup

flexible

slow to get riders difficult customers free to go on holiday no to little contact with either drivers or staff free to choose when to work you are your own boss

Pros

flexible

Cons

low income

Slave labour

I worked as an Uber driver for 16 months and must say it’s a modern day slave trade as you work is flexible but you are working for peanuts Uber take a percentage of every job so you just about break even after insurance, car wash, maintenance it’s really good for passengers as they get the cheapest deal but at the expense of the driver

quiet and responsible

Driving with customers , trying to give them a serice I would like to get was good experience. From first impresion to last minute treating them with the highiest respect and culture. No bad review , so I think I was a good at what I did

Pros

off time whenever I wanted

Über drivers

Work with Uber is worst experience and this company is the worst company to work with them.no job security no holiday pay and no help from them even in covid 19 times no help and they charging commissions 25% that is too much even in covid 19 they didn’t reduce commissions.

Pros

Cashless payment

Cons

Stress no job security and very hardwork

Nk

Uber is good part time job. Good for extra income. You deal with all kind of customers. Sometimes you get tips. You need electric vichle if you don't want to pay the congestion charge.

Professional Driver

Had to put in allot of hours, money was pretty good but I had high expenditure. Very flexible though which suited me. Came across some really good people.

flexible

Can work your own hours. Self-employed so no sick leave. Very strict regarding vehicle safety which is good but means you need to get it serviced and MOT checked more frequently than normal cars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Uber Drivers with

• Uber Drivers
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?