UCAS

UCAS Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

Interesting place to work

Fast paced and busy but great to be able to help people.Good location, but race week was a nightmare as regards traffic. People who work there are lovely and helpful.

Would not recommend anyone to work here

Complete lack of effective leadership, with poor management and accountability.Poor communication, high workload with no training or support, low remuneration package.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Insights into UCAS

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great work life balance

A great place to learn, the place is relaxed but takes to much work on. The opportunity to support young people along the journey is a true motivation every day. However the place gets in it's own way and needs to focus on actually delivering.

Diverse culture, fast paced and changing

Lots of benefits both onsite and via an employee portal, great holidays, onsite parking, salaries are reasonable for roles and location, culture is vibrant and ever changing.

Good

Excellent for people who like customer service job roles. Would recommend other people to join this company as this is not a stressful and have excellent working environment.

Fulfilling and interesting work

My time at UCAS proved to be a highly useful period which required me to learn a great deal of detail about the system of UCAS. The environment was welcoming and the senior staff were highly supportive if there was any problems. Generally they are a good institution to their employers.

Ucas

there was a mismanagement of the company and the project which I was involved with, not a driven organisation, lack of moral and complete disengagement of the sta

Well informed on daily tasks with a supportive network. plenty of time and support to complete tasks to a successful standard. would recommend working for them

Award winning customer service team

Busy contact centre, lots of progression opportunities. Long hours during peak times and dates, but rewarding role. Great salary and benefits.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Poor communication between departments

Ucas

Excellent organisation. Treated me very well and I learned a great deal of clerical skills. It was enjoyable to see students reach their fruition from the relative confines of school/college life, into the 'real world' of Post Compulsory Education.

Productive and friendly working environment

A lovely company to work for. A fast paced environment, where employees take pride in their work with free parking and a lovely restaurant onsite.

Work place

I loved working at UCAS but i want to go in to a different role and such as helping people or solve problems, I can work as a team player or on my own. I also love new challenges.

Beautiful Building & Location

I have been at UCAS since April last year, this is with the same company as Endsleigh ( Charlton house catering) of which I have been with for the past 10.5 years. I am now ready to progress into a catering managers role.

Pros

Nice new refurbished resturant

Good company

UCAS is fast becoming a fully fledged consultancy practice - it started employing ex-consultant type staff and combining this bringing in other external consultancy specialists, resulting in a very professional and slick working, change environment. There were/are issues with redundancy but purely based on my experiences and working/managing with over 100 of the staff, my journey was mostly pleasant, interesting work and would highly recommend many of the senior management team.

Pros

Great building, with some great people

Cons

The effect of some of the changes

A very good place to work and progress

My typical day involves working heavily with SAS. Recently I have been working on the new data capture and reporting suite for the new Teacher Training scheme. I also do a lot of ad-hoc data requests and maintain the SAS infrastructure there as well as the internal suite of reporting. I have learnt lots of new areas of SAS but also how to manage a small team and negotiation skills. I have had lots of direct contact with the Cheif Executive and would start at 4am on A Level Results day to update her ASAP. The management team has completely changed in the time I have been there. In fact the whole company has changed. The original focus of Analysis and Research was looking at what had happened in the previous cycle but over time this shifted to what is going to happen. Co-workers are excellent and all have passion in their work. The hardest part of the job is presenting in front of people but I have pushed myself in this area, The most enjoyable aspect of the role is problem solving. Being asked if something can be done and investigating the live system and then incorporating this into the download code or creating an ad-hoc report.

Pros

Free parking, restaurant, good holidays, great location and offices.

Cons

Politics

Nice people, uncertain future

During the period of my employment UCAS was going through a period of great change, and still is, which can make for a stressful working environment. The individuals that I worked with were great people that had a deep understanding of the business and were all commited to delivering high quality solutions

Pros

Very good work colleagues, nice working environment

Cons

Chaotic, time of great change, uncertainty about the future

Rewarding a good place to work

I work directly with our member University and Colleges ensuring that their course and institution information is up to date and correct and it is a pleasure to work with them all. It is a lot of responsibility but I enjoy having responsibility and working in a fast working environment. In addition everyone at the office are very friendly and motivated and I never wake up wishing that I wasn't going to work.

Pros

good staff benefits/ managers are flexible with appointments and working hours (to a degree)

Cons

i am on contract with no option to changing to a permanent staff member, which doesn't allow me to plan for the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCAS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare UCAS with

Learn about UCAS in popular locations

• UCAS