Uk Commercial Group

Uk Commercial Group Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Operator

Was happy here Pay was very goodAlways payed on time ManagersAre helpful when neededU get to see the hole of the UKWork load is big But u are taking care of care homes across the UKI would be still here But I made a big mistake And now I regret itThe team (the lads)U can't ask for a betterCrew100% work mates If ur ever stuck they are they to lead u a handWhen it says work as a teamThey are a teamThey are the A Team

27 October 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!Great to see there were so many positives for you whilst you were with us, and we continually strive to be one of the best employers in the UK.Thanks for your time with us and UKCG would like to wish you every success for the future!

Can not do a proper job for clients

They are a very poor company to work for you work very long hours for them so they can take most of wage off me fines put in one room with three men . You have not got the right tools to work with

Pros

Cons

Everything about the job

Insights into Uk Commercial Group

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Competitive and rewarding

Fantastic company to work for ,management are very supportive,if your willing to put the graft in the rewards are endless,the pay far exceeds the national average for a window cleaner,the targets are realistic and achievable ,so glad I found this company

Pros

Great pay, great bonus

Challenging and rewarding

Great place to work, new challenges everyday make the days fly over.Staff are great to work with.Growing company, that rewards its staff. Private healthcare for staff and their families, private pensions, staff incentives and paid for work nights/ days out are a great added bonus on top of the good wages.All in all, a great company to work for.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Commute to work

27 October 2022
Thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review with us.Great to hear you are enjoying your role and the benefits that come with working for UKCG.We continually strive to improve the bonuses and perks our staff receive and believe a happy work force is the most productive and successful work force.Thanks for being part of what makes UKCG successful!

Totally incompetent company

Wouldn't recommend it , no good for a window cleaner unless your just a glass cleaner, they want work done don't wanna pay for it, will do everything to lower take home pay taking bonuses away lunchtime is deducted from you if you don't take it. Overtime and overworked expected.

27 October 2022
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.UKCG always want our staff to receive their bonuses as that means we are not receiving complaints and both our customers and staff are happy.If, however, we do receive complaints these go through a very strict process to ensure they are genuine before any deductions are made.We appreciate your feedback and your time with us and UKCG wish you every success in the future.

Great job

I’ve worked for the company for nearly 2 years and honestly can say I love the job. Yes the hours can be long and the homes are big but everything comes down to application. Get on with it and get the job done. If you are faint hearted then it’s not for you. Pay is amazing £30000 plus for no real skills ain’t too bad.

27 October 2022
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We highly value each and every employee working in our company and glad to hear that your hard work and efforts are being rewarded.

Challenging but rewarding

If you’re a hard-working dedicated Window Cleaner this is the job for you lots of work and get to work all over the country long hours,decent pay and Achievable targetsManagement are very good any problems they will sort out immediately any supplies you need are sent out as and when you need them and the girls in the office are very friendly overall a good workplace.

27 October 2022
Thanks very much for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with UKCG!UKCG would like to wish you all the luck for the future.

Shouldn’t be like this awful company

Very very high turnover of staff. No work life balance the hours you are expected and have to work are ridiculous and dangerous. They say 8 to 12 hour shifts try 8 to 18 or 20 hours a day. Overtime on some weekends is expected rather than optional. Some of the digs were disgusting depending what manager you had looking after you. Very stressful job at times due to poor logistics. Constant emails and texts regardless if you’ve just done a nightshift. Would be a good rewarding job if the workload wasn’t as heavy, amount of hours, or the stress of loosing money. You won’t last 6 months never mind a year.

27 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you was not happy with elements of the role during your time with us.We highly value work life balance for our staff and on average our staff do work an 8–12-hour day. We have accounts with national hotel chains in the UK that are highly rated in regard to accommodation.UKCG are proud that some of our employees have been with us for over 10 years and we continually strive to improve the work life balance, bonuses, and perks for our employees.Thank you for your time with us, and UKCG wish you every success in the future.

Pushed too much

Don’t like talking bad of people but Once u settle in they push you to do more and more work that’s unachievable. Find any silly excuse to deduct monthly bonus off you. Was told by ex management that we only expect a year out of our cleaners before they leave because the job is so demanding. Your lucky if you make it a year. So many people came and went in the time I was there. Non stop pressure constantly. Could be a great place if you wasn’t being pushed to hard every single day. 5 huge buildings to clean in a day with many miles inbetween is not fair.

Pros

Wages can be okay when they are not deducting for every silly little thing

Cons

Hours, miles, complaints, stopping bonus

27 October 2022
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback!Through our quality control process deductions are only made once any complaints have gone through the system and been approved as a genuine complaint. Our employees' bonus is extremely important to us, and we would much prefer our staff to be receiving bonus as this means we have happy customers and happy staff whilst receiving no complaints.We constantly monitor jobs and new jobs through our site survey to ensure we set achievable and realistic targets; we have also introduced a new system to ensure targets are achievable for our employees.Thanks for your time with us and we wish you all the luck for the future!

Has the potential to be good

Long weeks away from home where you would assume to make good money however never happens as deductions are made for ridiculous reasons. Made up complaints with no actual proof to back them up. Earnt just short of 4grand in a month to be actually paid just over 2.

Pros

A lot of driving

Cons

Long hours and deductions from pay ridiculous

27 October 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we highly value all feedback and depend on it to ensure we continually improve.We have procedures in place to ensure customer satisfaction but always in balance with our employees to make sure only genuine quality issues are taken into account and no deductions are made without going through a rigorous quality control process.Work/life balance is also extremely important to us as a company, working away is the advertised role but daily hours are always monitored to ensure employees are given this balance.Thanks for your time with us and we wish you every success in the future!

Wages constantly under

Worked extremely hard here for over eight years long hours and hard graft which was achievable Only one operative for Scotland doing between five to eight care homes per shift,when there was at one time two vans servicing over the border on less contractsUsed to be respected with my views with regards to work schedule,but as the company grew over the years with me constantly giving my all I was let down most of the time,being let down constantly with holiday requests and other issues When you’ve had enough it’s time to goAll the best guys I obviously wasn’t good enoughTo be paid the proper wage and had to go

Pros

Constant flow of work

19 October 2021
Firstly thank you for your hard work over a very long 8 year career with UK Commercial Group Limited.We have changed our wage structure and implemented a pay rise within your territory, hopefully in the future you might consider returning to us.Thank you for pointing out the flow of work, we have long standing contracts within our client base which gives our operatives what ever hours they desire. We hope we see you again soon but if not, we wish you good luck in your future employments

Fun and rewarding job

Uk commercial is a great company to work for good pay and good bonus scheme available if you want it to be it can be a job for the Long haul management always there to help if you have any problems or concerns can be a hard graft at times but worth it at the end of every month.

Pros

Provided with a van good pay and bonus scheme

19 October 2021
Thank you for the positive review, we are glad you are enjoying your employment with us.Remember pay rises are coming again soon, and it will be well deserved!

Hard graft but pays very well

I worked for this company for over 4 years as a window cleaner based in London. I was paid on time every time and I enjoyed my time with the company. Very target driving but rewarding. Paid from my door back to my door and always got equipment I needed. Only criticism is when my van broke down I was stood down until it was fixed.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Target driven

8 September 2021
Thank you for the positive review, the door is always open, we hope you come back soon.

Avoid at all cost

Absolutely shocking place to work for. 8 hour a day shifts hahahahahahaha absolute complete pack of lies !!!!!!! Average you will work is minimum 80 hours per week !!!!!! FACT. And yes £10 ph is good and you can make easy £3000-£4000 pm including hitting your targets and getting your bonus. And bonus lol this you will fight for every month to keep wyl they try every trick in the book to take it off you !!!!!!!!!! FACT.Best of luck to anyone unlucky enough to get a job for this company. You will need it !!!! Ex employee thank god !!!

Pros

None unless your lucky to get your bonus

Cons

Everything. Hours. Health. Family. Life

8 September 2021
Hi, sorry you didn't enjoy your time at UKCG.This position is not an 8 hour per day job, our operatives work on average around 12 hours per day and their holidays are paid at 12 hours per day for this reason. Thank you for identifying that the rate of pay is good, we have now increased our wages to £10.50 per hour and £11.50 per hour for our trainers.Most operatives earn their full bonus every month which is why they come out with £3000 - £4000 per month, however a bonus is there for a reason and it is to ensure everyone within the company performs. If an operative receives a high level of complaints, the complaints will be presented to the operative and bonus will be deducted. We are upfront and honest around our bonus structure and its there to ensure we are all performing in our roles.UKCG wish you good luck in your future endeavours

Very good wages - Long term employment

Good money, solid company. Good bonus scheme. Working in business properties, schools, hotels, care homes, NHS. Good equipment and mostly new vehicles. Lads are good crack

Pros

Good bonus scheme

Cons

Fast paced

Great environment and family atmosphere

I have worked here for 8 years and it has been a fantastic environment to work in. The team is like a family and always happy to help each other. The work is fast paced and plentiful no worries about hours getting cut and lack of work. Great pay scale and team members can earn FANTASTIC money if they are ready to work hard!Company benefits are also really good, nights out throughout the year, paintball, go karting as well as being invited to football games in the company executive box! The Christmas parties are also something we all look forward to and they are excellent! We even get a bacon sandwich and nice hot coffee on a Monday morning to get us going!I would recommend UK Commercial Group to anyone any hard working individual who wants to earn great money and join a friendly team!

Pros

Great family atmosphere & excellent day and night activities throughout the year.

8 September 2021
Thank you for the review, I'm glad you have enjoyed your 8 years with us, here's to many more!!

Got no Complaints

Good Company, paid on time and lots of work. management were very good at communicating with me. Pay rate is very good and i enjoyed the type of work which was mainly care homes.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Physical Work

Avoid!

Avoid at all cost, loose money off wages for starting 1 min late, unable to earn no bonus basically impossible, management don’t have a clue, no supplies when needed. High turn over of staff company is a joke

8 September 2021
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your time at UK Commercial Group, although this review was sometime ago I would like to offer you a reply nonetheless.Our window cleaners start time is 6:45am and no action is taken by UK commercial Group until 7am. The reason we do this (especially in areas around London) is due to the traffic build up. If you leave before 7am you will miss the traffic and get to your first job on time, if you leave later you will be caught in traffic for hours earning less bonus for yourself. Its impetrative to all at UK Commercial Group that the operatives on the ground floor receive the best equipment and supplies as quick as possible where needed. We manage this through our internal system and area manager support, any operative that raises a supply request will have it delivered within 48 hours. UK Commercial Group wish you look in future employment and we hope one day you will return to our team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uk Commercial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement