UK Parking Control

UK Parking Control Employee Reviews

relaxed and lonely

if you like your own space and working on your own its the perfect job. some vehicle owners who are ticketed can be aggressive and argumentative. overall not do bad but also difficult for progression.

Pros

weekly pay and bonus

Cons

using your own vehicle

Fun to do this job as you get to meet knew faces everyday.

I enjoy working for UKPC this is why I am still here....Management is good and always cooperative.Wages are paid on time.Plenty of overtime available.Management works with you to suit hours if need be. ( hours you can do and shifts).

Pros

Enjoy company bonuses, vouchers and meals

Cons

Have to work hard some days. Maybe extra time in travelling.

Manipulate government guidance for their own gain

I was furloughed with this company, they were great until they started manipulating guidance and their own company policies to get out of paying holiday pay. They were awful to deal with when disputing this, and quite frankly I’d just avoid them, completely.

Cons

Bad management

Challenging

I've been with the company for over 2 years now and have enjoyed the work immensely. Always payed on time, uniform provided and renewed when needed. Management are encouraging and understanding even when targets aren't met. Downside would be lunch breaks aren't payed but we can't have it all. If you put the work in and do your job to the best of your ability it will be recognised and rewarded. Yes you get the odd bit of abuse but not everyone likes to get a charge. Its how you handle it and that's where your people skills come in. Training is given and all you have to do is call and ask if you're not sure and someone will always guide you.

Pros

Always paid on time and uniform provided. Job security.

Cons

Unpaid lunch and weekend work

Good at start

Great at the start but the directors were cut throat, didn’t care about their staff and were completely disconnected. Bought in middle management but didn’t trust any of our decisions... which is a huge shame considering the experience we bought. Made redundant through covid but unfortunately this is a company with huge potential if they actually listened to their staff instead of trying to catch people out. Zero trust in head of HR

Pros

Work/life balance

Stay away

Management are the worst part they treat you like your disposable and don’t really care Constant pressure to issue pnc even when no vehicles are parked or it’s a quiet site or day

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

The company

Good place to work, but low salary

Very vibrant atmosphere and great people. Salary does not reflect the amount of work you do and is not assessed well. But on the whole an enjoyable place to work.

Horrendous

As a former employee honestly I'm not impressed with the pay or management. The amount of miles I travel is just plain stupid. In my contract it says I should make £340 a week I'm lucky if i make £255

Pros

Cons

Management pay hours

Great role

Freedom to manage day as i wish. Always paid on time, profit related pay bonus good. uniform provided. Head office very helpful and always answer phone.

Stressful at times

This type of job post can and is at times stressful and dangerous due to issuing parking fines.But if you learn to defuse the situation it can be like any other job as long as you never take things to heart.

Jobs at UK Parking Control

See more jobs

outdoorsy and relax

it was very different to any other job i had before, it was very relaxed and laid back. no-one was watching you and you could just get on with it. the only thing i didnt like about it was working on the weekend.

Parking att

Hard work and long hours head office over think of how many tickets you get on your own most of the day have to use your OWN car to go from car park to car park

Fun Workplace

Here everyday work is so relaxing. They don't have any pressure in work. I learned few technologies in this company. On Every festive time we had different activities to do.

Tickets tickets and more tickets

Be under no illusion that you are managing or monitoring any sites, it's all about tickets and hitting your targets (which they won't tell you at the interview), the daily abuse is so stressful you have to be thick skinned or hard as nails, I wasn't any of the two, I suffered verbal abuse and was followed by a guy I ticketed in my car and he tried to run me off the road, bad. They have a policy, ticket anything for the slightest thing, is, a disabled person forgot to display their badge, ticket it anyway, Most disabled tickets I issued were to the elderly who just paid it not realising it would be cancelled but that's where ukpc's next tactic comes into play, the phone numbers are automated and is designed to be confusing so I had to advise them to email UKPC but even though it would be cancelled they had to pay an admin fee. The other bizarre practice was to ticket residents who were waiting for parking permits from UKPC!!, Huge apartment complexes have I high turnover of residents so it was a win win situation for them. Vehicles were ticketed so many times (9) it came to the point where they couldn't be given any more! I didn't last long, it was soul destroying and stressful which was made even worse when I had to produce 30 tickets a week minimum, which eqated to 1 ticket per hour. You have to use your own transport and God forbid it gets recognised so unless you have a death wish my approach was to find somewhere away from the site and use the T&S method of issuing tickets.... Ticket and scarper... To summarise, you have to have a strong constitution -

Pros

Cons

Targets, stress, lone working, abuse

Bag comtey

Low pay long hours dont work for this company .a lot of hals from car driver maintenance dont cal about you on help when need no were to go when it's rains

Brilliant

Brilliant place to work for. Management are great and can’t do enough for you :) I love working for UKPC Great pay and bonuses too ...

Mixed feelings- good experience with poor appreciation

An interesting company within an unusual industry. There's a good deal to learn at UKPC from general business operations to customer service, dispute resolution, legal matters and more. I wouldn't expect to get a huge deal of appreciation however. Your best mindset is to regard the experience as reward enough to someday use at another company- promotion opportunities do exist at UKPC but their expectations can be ridiculously high especially for the salaries they pay. Management... is a mixed bag. Clearly something is working, for the company is doing ok and there is genuine support in some instances. Unfortunately there's an aura of 'we are the company, the rest are the staff' among the directors- they could do no wrong, very good at buck passing and taking credit where it sometimes wasn't due. Their caricatures are on the wall, they have their own parking spaces with special name plaques etc. There is also a degree of nepotism. On top of that, managers would often alter their stance on what seemed like total whim, yesterday's no-go area was today's policy followed by a reversal six months later. Salaries for the general staff are low for the work they expect, yet you know the money is there to pay more- they're perhaps at the very lowest end of what you might call acceptable but still, there's a huge skill base that's not paid what it deserves. If there's a salary scale, don't expect to be offered any more than the lowest. You get use of a pool table as compensation... It's not a bad place to work per se, if you have limited experience of offices do try it out. The -

Pros

Office experience, opportunities for learning skills and specialising, great office building, company socials

Cons

Poor pay, turbulent industry, lack of progression

Horrible company

Openly lied to me at interview saying there were no quotas for tickets, and immediately started getting pressure to hit a certain amount every shift. Horrible management. Worst working experience of my life.

fun workplace

ive enjoyed working for ukpc the management are always on hand and tend to your individual needs the job is easy you need to be self motivated as you are contracted to sites

its a bad place to work

who wants to be abused and hated by the public. even the people who doesnt own a car will hate you for what you do. I hate car parking Attendant myself lol

job is all based on the amount to tickets issued

The company is very bad and unprofessional, the job is all about targets amount of tickets you get per week. You need to be getting 7 tickets a day to keep them off your back and they constantly will meet with you in person to put pressure on you to issue more tickets if this is not done and your ticket rate is low below 7 per day they will meet with you in person and you'll think it's just a general discussion then they will sack you in person on the spot so there is no paper trail of the true reason they get rid of you and your team leader will pressure you to perform. They don't give a dam about safety as they don't get warden stab proof vest or body cameras because it would cost the company to much money. All risk assessment are not kept up to date according to their policy. Typical days starts by you logging into the mobile phone app iwarden and you log into the site your located at, this iwarden app has a tracking device which monitors your movements and this app occasional plays up. You use this app to issue tickets and a team monitors your movements so if you go off to a friend house they will catch you out. The job was all based on targets and I learned how to move fast to avoid confrontational situations. If your not fast on your feet and not good with people then forget about this job because when you are just taking pictures of people cars to observe the time limit people think your ticketing them so you have to explain to the public a lot of the time while trying to do your job. If your slow then you will suffer. Management is poor as they push and -

Pros

Cons

no safety equipment body cameras, stab prooof vest, and poor cctv, or no cctv on site, also no where to charge equipment on site and they dont give you safety boots ppe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Parking Control. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9