ULSTER BANK

ULSTER BANK Employee Reviews

limited opportunities and seem all management are backing each other. No flex working and work from home options. Don't offer any permanent positions even after a year contract
I would never recommend anyone working for Ulster Bank. The management are so unprofessional and make your life hard for pressured sales. It's not about the customer at all.
At the start it’s fine but it’s very fast paced, I felt there wasn’t a lot of training and that you are thrown into it very quickly, which would suit people who can learn quickly but it is hard. Management not great, and very reliant on cashiers and tellers doing most of the work in terms of getting people in for different things and rarely with appraisal.
Manager seems to have a large staff turnover. She is always looking for someone else who may be available fully trained from another branch. This happened while I was there which resulted in a member transferring from another branch which meant I was no longer required.
Manager was not easy to satisfy. Always looking to replace new staff with someone more experienced. Not prepared to give time to train new staff before replacing with staff on transfer from other branches.
While the work is interesting, there are tight lines and the work environment is pressurized. This is abated somewhat by great work colleagues and on hand help available.
very little swing between calls. avg calls last 5 mins. huge focus on digital banking promotion. occasional sales prompt on some calls. those calls without prompt on screen, require own initiative on a product that might benefit the customer e.g. savigs account with better interest, credit card, loan, mortage, home insurance. some managers are great, some are not
Wonderful place to work, everyone is so friendly however with working in a branch and more branches closing finding job security can be difficult. There is some progression available.
Pros
Work with great people, hour long lunches, monday to friday working
Cons
Not much secuirty
I thoroughly enjoyed working with ulster bank. The work environment was safe and comfortable. Everyone was very welcoming and approachable, especially the management.
A good company to work for in general with a lot of basic positives such as management as friendly and helpful however salaries are below the average for the roles and opportunities to progress to higher roles are extremely limited
It was a call centre. Environment was fine other staff were grand, Good canteen. Customers a bit more difficult as they always a bit more protective due to their money being involved.
OK if your face fits, or meet targets, or are friends with management or part of a clique, you can pretty much get away with anything. However if you are struggling, or don't get on with management - good luck. I was bullied in this place, and wasn't appreciated in my job. I did the right thing for the customer, and abided by the company values, but that didn't stop me from being reprimanded and being put on an improvement plan. Also was disciplined by management for refusing to "double wrap" (that is - finishing your first call, then taking a second call, and typing up your call wraps later - to me a massive risk to the business, but management don't see it that way.) Now have a high attrition rate in their call centres, and the different call centres/departments/sites don't speak to each other well, they don't take ownership, and have a "not my problem" culture.
Pros
good overtime rates
Cons
stressful, bullying, toxic
Undergoing restructure, Good working environment and always looks after its staff. Has faced a number of changes but overall an enjoyable place to work.
I enjoyed working for this company for almost 11 years. I loved the interaction with the public and made some amazing friends over the years. I enjoyed the challenges and the job satisfaction I got from helping my customers with their financial requirements. One aspect I thoroughly enjoyed was that feeling when you called a first time buyer ,to tell them there mortgage was approved and they were one step closer to getting onto the property ladder.
Enjoyed my time with Ulster Bank. At the time we had an amazing team and worked well together. I was truly glad at the time for the opportunity to work for such an excellent organization
I really enjoyed my time working for Ulster Bank. Provided me with many skills that will enhance my working life. Provided me with excellent customer service that i will carry with me through every job i do.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No permanent contracts
Banks are a dwindling retail presence, with more and more pushed to the online banking route. This reduces staffing levels and job security. Call centres are the bank of the future and are like battery chicken farm.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Job security and job diversity
a typical day involved working a wide variety of tasks can be presured environment at times but there was a lot of staff engagement and was generally an ok place to work
A very changed atmosphere in branches due to lack of staff and opportunities. I think the most enjoyable part is my team or helping our customers meet their needs.
Pros
Generally a good team to work with
Cons
Lack of staff
Very good place to work for and staff are al very friendly. Good that there is a canteen that has a wide variety of food especially picky eaters. Always a lot of interaction between you and your manager.
Most enjoyable dealing with the challenges working with the public can bring, I learned what great customer service can do. I loved working with money and foreign currencies. Great management, unfortunately branch closures ruining what would perhaps otherwise have been a lifetime career.
Pros
working hours 9am-5pm
Cons
As above regarding branch closures
  1. Employee reviews