Ultimate Products
Happiness score is 85 out of 100

Ultimate Products Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom34 reviews

Fast Paced

I have been with the company for 5 Years this month and I can say I have enjoyed working with this face past company. No two days are the same - always new challenges and skills to learn - keeps things interesting. If you put the effort in you are rewarded - I started out as a Sales Support and have since worked my way up to be a Sales Operations Coordinator. I help to organise the Trade Fairs Stands and travel all over to help set these up. From working with the company I have also been sent on secondment to Cologne Germany to help set up a second office and showroom out there.

Pros

Staff Sales, Great Work Colleagues

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and fun work

The staff are very friendly as well the team leaders , I was happy there . The job is easy , they give you a training the first day , then you can work on your own feet ;)

Insights into Ultimate Products

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Still haunts me to this day

I worked for this company a few years ago and it still haunts me. Awful place to work then and probably still now. I see there is a new office, which looks nice and that they give £250 to a wedding cake...random and you probably can't afford to get married on their wages.

Pros

Leaving at 5pm

Cons

Long hours, Horrible HR, Blame Culture

Toxic workplace with high turnover of staff

The worst part of UP is the complete lack of work-life balance, hours are 8:15-5 and are incredibly strict, with passive aggressions if you are seen eating or using your phone after 8:15. Unpaid overtime is expected regularly and you are told off if you don't do so, even if on top of all of your work. On the graduate scheme you will be expected to complete extra work outside of your hours and document everything you have learnt, reminiscent of being in school.High turnover of staff with people being fired every week for one reason or another.Experienced multiple people crying at their desks.All in all the worst place I have worked and incredibly detrimental to my mental wellbeing for the duration I worked there.

Great company to work for. Senior members are invested in others personal development and offer clear progression if you show the willing and want for it. Can often be challenging as with any global company, but this is offset by the friendly culture, rewards and opportunities that hard-work brings within the workplace. Slightly longer hours but when you're working with people with similar mindsets and whom treat each other with the same respect, then you don't really noticeNice new swanky office too

Pros

Fast-paced, Challenging but rewarding, Staff Sales, State-of-the-art work space, Free Fruit, Grad Scheme, Comprehensive Training, Career progression, Staff Incentives

Cons

Slightly longer hours than normal

Awful place to work for very fast paced!

I would never recommend this place to no one, it has poor people working here that lack basic human skills! Directors are the worst and act like kids!

Pros

Great location, great new 4th floor facilities.

Cons

Long hours, start at 8.15am (But you really need to be in for 8am) and finish at 5pm

Extremely fast paced, exciting, tons of opportunities!

Having worked for Ultimate Products for a number of years now, I cannot speak highly enough of how much I have enjoyed growing alongside them. This job isn't for everyone but if you are prepared to work hard, have a desire to progress your career as well have no day the same then I would highly recommend Ultimate Products Over the past few years the business has invested heavily in bringing fantastic talent to the business. Its amazing to see these committed individuals progressing their careers

Pros

Career Progression, Excellent Training, Staff Incentives, 25 Days Holiday, Health Care, Staff Sales, Well Run Company, Graduate Scheme

Cons

Can be hard work at times, but but you can that into a positive depending on your mindset and character

Great Company with lots of opportunities

In sales in particular the management are very Supportive and wants you to succeed, always at the other end of the phone if you have questions/ need advice (currently working from home due to lockdown) and we also have regular reviews to ensure your on target to achieve the next steps in your career. Alongside this the sales team is fantastic and has a family feel! Very supportive of each other and helps make very long working hours at trade shows fun. there are lots of avenues you can take within the company and no two days are the same. Be prepared to work hard however this doesn't go unnoticed and the company have some great benefits to reward the hard work!

Pros

Expenses paid christmas parties, incentives for 100% attendance, paid lunches, internal competitions with holidays and vouchers as rewards, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Graduate programme with salary increases after set times, yearly pay reviews, Training courses, Mentor when starting with the company, favourable staff prices for products

Cons

Unpaid overtime

Fantastic Opportunities

I've worked at Ultimate Products for almost 4 years now and absolutely loved my time here. There are some amazing opportunities on offer for ambitious people who are willing to put the work in. There is a strong focus within the company's culture on helping you to achieve your own goals. This is something I have experience first hand; starting off in the Imports Team back in 2017, and working my way up through roles in Sales Merchandising, Process Development and most recently, taking on a bespoke role as UP's Training Officer. There is a really strong emphasis on internal progression and development, and seeing examples of this across the company has been a big motivator for me since I joined, and was particularly encouraging when I was a new graduate. UP is an extremely fast-paced environment and in some roles responsibilities can be handed over quickly; personally I loved as I'm always up for a challenge but I recognise this can be daunting for some new starters. Fortunately I have always found the support from colleagues within the teams and the managers to be excellent. The people you work with day to day are, in general, really friendly and helpful and working with other grads in your age bracket allows you meet like-minded people, and develop some really strong friendships as well as working relationships.

Pros

Opportunities for Progression, Staff Benefits eg Staff Sales, Team Activities, Great Colleagues

Cons

Hours can be long on certain busy days, lack of flexi-time

Fast paced and talent focused company

Everyone at UP is friendly and approachable which makes working here so much more enjoyable. I worked in the Online team until very recently when I was given the opportunity to move over to the Sales team but I have seen within both teams that teamwork and moral is high. People are always willing to help and offer advise which isn't always the case in other companies I have worked for. I think is partly also due to the fact that the majority of the workforce are graduates which makes it easier to build friendships and ask for help.You are given a high level of responsibility from the start which wouldn't be suited to everyone. However for me this helped me build confidence and in turn I received recognition from senior members of the team and higher management.Your career at UP is what you make of it! If you work hard and show you are willing to put in a little bit of extra effort you will be rewarded. UP have been amazing with helping me understand my progression and development within the company. If you express an interest in another department like I did you will be given the support and structure to make the move possible.

Pros

On Site parking

Cons

No flexi time, high staff turnover

Dynamic and caring Company

Vibrant atmosphere that reverberates throughout the Company as there are so many Grads around .So many interesting and innovative products to sell; not just one range / style . ; there are several divisions and a seemingly endless list of well known Brands; because of this there is a vast array of both current and untapped customers to sell our goods to .Loads of support and guidance from the Senior Management ; you never feel that you are isolated which can often happen to Sales Execs. We are provided with all the tools to make the job so much easier.No Office Politics; I have been in other large Companies where staff seem to be worried about each other rather than getting on with the job ; not at Ultimate ; everyone works together and help each other whatever the task.The Company have been involved in numerous community projects both before and during the pandemic ; so many local people have benefitted in some way . It makes me really proud to be part of such a caring Company.

Pros

Been great during Pandemic, site covid safe, been given Covid Bonus

Cons

It can be hard work at times but thats only because its so busyand there is so much going on;

Company with a unique feel

I've worked at the company now for over 3 years and have worked in the fast paced hospitality industry for over 20 years but never in a company with such a unique fast paced feel like this one.Staff guidance, mentoring, training, development and progression is a key focus here in all areas into pushing for continuous excellence.There are many job areas and career paths that can be taken at this company. My role has been created to look after and enhance the experience of our customers and staff as we continuously strive to improve and be the best we can be.Staff are always encouraged to learn and express themselves with new ideas and thoughts and work with all the team up to the very top.Staff are given the maximum respect for their voices to be heard, strengths to be heightened and aspirations to be achieved. There is a Employee Consultation Group (ECG) where you have someone to act as a representative for you if you want any new ideas, points raised or concerns that can be brought up with the senior team. This can be anonymous if you’d prefer.There is a great togetherness and team feel here at Ultimate Products and are often rewarded with the little team recognitions.

Pros

All the above - a great place to build your career

Cons

No real Cons to personally review as I’ve had the support when I’ve asked and needed to, and have the ECG to raise any daily working issues or personal improvements

A fast-growing and supportive company!

- A company that excels in personal development through training and support from management, UP not only opens up a doorway to progress but pushes you to become your best -With it’s graduate development scheme being its most popular entry route, you are bound to meet likeminded, motivated and supportive people who soon become close friends. -It’s training structure allows you to gain responsibility and experience in a variety of projects -UP is committed to giving back to it’s local community with new and imaginative ways of raising money for charity or supporting those in need -Throughout these uncertain times, UP has been dedicated to thinking of new and creative ways to maintain your employment.

Great place for ambitious people

As a manager coming from the grad scheme I can definitely say there are endless opportunities for those who want it.It is incredibly fast paced, which means you look at the clock and it’s 5pm. No role has you doing the same thing day in day out. The open plan office allows people to actually talk and see the other teams you are working with and the outside work activities such as the company football team allow you to get to know your colleagues in a fun informal way. The company allows team lunches and off site days which help with team building but also make you feel valued and fully understanding on various initiatives going on across the company. As a grad you can see many examples of people who have worked hard and succeeded and progressed within their role and it is really motivating seeing the internal progression. As a manager myself I see a range of talented team members who have a very bright future at ultimate and believe there is room for many many more. The company run a Charity Commitee, Employee consultants group and an environmental committee which are open to all and if you choose allow to be a part of something not directly related to your role but something that may interest you. The mentoring scheme is now the strongest I have seen it, with most new grads being mentored by people on or completed the graduate scheme so really understand the issues that can face a new grad coming into the business. They are also aware of the many opportunities across the business so if the role you got hired for isn’t for you but your skills are suited to another role -

Pros

Early finishes, strong mentoring programme, employee consultancy group, yearly staff survey, lunches

Cons

no flexi time

A company that looks after its community

the company has done amazing things during the COVID lockdown looking after the vulnerable and young people within the Oldham community.It also now starting to recruit again with plenty of new jobs on the graduate scheme.The sites are open and very COVID safe with plenty of procedures in place.

Pros

great people and lots of opportunities

Cons

very busy. you need to be organised!

Very busy company going places

The company has been rapidly growing and evolving over the past few years with lots of new opportunities.New offices and departments like e-commerce and marketing have been created.The graduate scheme now has over 100 people on it with many coming from very different backgrounds and degrees.There are many different roles to choose from and chances to progress your career Excellent team, very friendly people and the site is very Covid safe.

Pros

Free refreshments, good team members, very busy environment

Cons

You need to be organised!

Good graduate prospects

The company has a great graduate scheme with many career opportunities.The company is performing very well during COVID and has many long term prospects.The company also looks after Its teams and the local community

Pros

Excellent career prospects

Cons

Busy days, high work loads

It rolls downhill

You will be thrown under the bus for a mistake any one above you made. If you don't join in the socials you will be punished and outcast by management. HR are clueless and spend more time coming up with bake sale ideas then anything.In Oldham hut advised as Manchester. Expected to work late but no overtime pay, even when you do your never acknowledged for it because the 'leaders' are out the door before 4.Same as the products they make, works for about 6 months then breaks. Cheap knock offs.

Pros

Some of the people are nice

Cons

Lots of the highers ups have huge paper thin egos with bad management skills

Rewarding and great career opporunities

Ultimate products has a great graduate scheme in which I have paved a very successful career through. UP gave me the opportunity to start my career within the industry without initially having the industry experience which is what is so great about this company. The graduate development scheme formed a great basis to learn the role of a buying assistant incorporating this with what I had already learnt at University. The sophisticated systems that the company have in place helped to streamline day to day tasks, which then in turn helped me to pick up the role at a fast pace and grow. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who really wants to build a strong successful career and who is willing to put in the hard work.

Pros

Rewarding, motivating & career progression

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Exciting & fast-paced growing company

I have been at Ultimate Products for over 5 years and I can honestly say no day is the same! It's a very fast-paced and challenging environment, however it is a very rewarding place to work. I have been given many opportunities for growth and development, and feel like I am still learning new things and new skills all the time. The most enjoyable part of working here is definitely the people - my team are like a little family to me and everyone in the wider business are super lovely and helpful. The workforce is quite young, mainly due to the graduate scheme, so there's a really good atmosphere in the office and socials (when we were able to have them!) are always lots of fun. I feel really supported by my line manager who really wants to help me progress in my career. The company is very involved with supporting the local community and do lots for charity which I think is really important. There's a charity committee and we choose a different local charity each year to support, with lots of events in the office to raise money (bake sales, raffles etc.). Throughout Covid the company have been very supportive, paying furloughed staff the extra 20% for a short while which they didn't have to do. I have been back in the office for a few months and I really feel safe being back in work because all of the procedures UP have implemented. I really do love working here, even if it is a high pressured working environment - it definitely keeps things interesting!

Pros

Lovely colleagues, Being given responsibility fairly early on, Extra training and development (on and off site), Free parking on site

Cons

Early start time, Graduate starting salary may seem a little low to begin with but does go up in regular stages

Fast Paced but with lots great of Opportunities!

The environment is very fast paced where remaining organised is key. But there is good training and a great team to help you settle in and develop. The business is developing so careers are possible. The business also does a lot of local community work, supporting others who need it. especially during COVID-19 lockdown

Pros

Great team, good career prospects, fair salary structure. Chances to progress into management roles.

Cons

Fast paced, sometimes tough deadlines, sometimes extra work is needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement