Unilever
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Unilever Employee Reviews

Found 343 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,442 reviews

Best work experience

Unilever is an amazing global company with a strong work ethic, sustainability approach, outstanding work/personal life balance, inclusive and diverse work environment

Pros

Pension, Wfh, free gym onsite, health insurance

Cons

Medium salary level

About the workplace

I been at Unilever (Gloucester Branch) for 6 years 6 months through the agency called Manpower the first 4 years there was good when it was 8 hours

Cons

The 12 hours shifts were too long They should of kept the 8 hours shifts

Management are brilliant and supportive, well-being spot on!

I have worked for Unilever for 2 and half years and I can honestly say it is the best company to work for! My second half of my journey there , I joined virtually into a new role/team and they are incredibly supportive and friendly. Your well-being is there number one priority and the management are super supportive and interactive with everyone across the company.

Pros

well- being Wednesday (2 hour lunch break) and summer hours

Cons

A lot of training but really worth it

Team were fun to be in

Fun team was at great location until they moved to stretford job role was variety sales service account queries store querie. Able to handle different requests taking inbound call making outbound call too ......

Positive workplace

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at UL. Strongly recommend to anyone applying.Support And guidance will be given and the opportunity to develop is always on the horizon

A great place to work, friendly environment, a good mix of people to work alongside. Helpful management. Enjoyable job role, access to learning new skills freely available.

Awful

Would not advise. Shift pattern is atrocious. You are on call even on your days off and the place is full of headworkers who play the system to get days off. The sickness is embarrassing, never known so many "unhealthy" adults! Management are horrendous, aslong as someone comes in for the shift they aren't bothered about chasing up the sick notes who are always off! Until the shift pattern gets changed its only going to get worse.

Pros

None, rubbish bonus scheme.

Cons

Rubbish shift pattern. No family life.

Overall a great experience working for Unilever

I spent 27,great years at Unilever and would recommend the company to anyone who's considering a future with the company.Since leaving Unilever I've not found any other job offers that compare to Unilever

Pros

Good salary, great benefits the pension, shares scheme.

Cons

Long hours if you're working shifts.

Productive fast paced but enjoyable

My typical day commenced at 8am to ensure I was in the office before my Boss to prepare his papers etc for the days meetings. General EA/PA duties for both work environment and also his personal life which meant that everyday was very different and exciting albeit challenging at times. Work culture was excellent and everyone was extremely helpful as my role was a 12 month temporary maternity cover. The work was fast paced and difficult at times but also enjoyable. The discounted on-site shop was a bonus and very useful as Unilever produce a great deal of products.

Pros

Discounted Shop - discounted meals for permanent staff

Cons

Long hours so little work/life balance a lot of the time but enjoyable

Good pay, terrible training

You will be promised the world, told you're going to be working set shifts, made to feel like you're going to have a secure job and steady work for the next few months.. It's all a terrible lie.You will find that you are not given shifts as you are not trained on things, they won't have shifts available for you, but will somehow manage to hire another 20 people despite this. You will struggle for work, and if you ask too hard for it, you will hinder yourself further and be stuck without.You won't be trained, you will be told you're going to be, but it will either be a minimum or non-existent.They won't care about you, you're a number, you're just a way for them to make money. They don't care if you have a family to support, if you have bills to pay, it doesn't matter.If you're keen to learn and work, you will be promised it all, and none of it will be delivered. It's just a way to keep you happy.But the pay is good, if you manage to get any shifts to earn it.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No training, struggle to get shifts

Jobs at Unilever

See more jobs

Productive work place

Excellent environment to work ,team work , it's a huge school learned many things in work and life in this company , Management is very open minded people encourage me all the time

Pros

Full medical care

Cons

A great place to work where you are valued and well paid. Great work life balance. Worked days 8am till 4pm in the engineering stores at the Warrington site. Enjoyed every day I worked there.

Pros

Well looked after by Unilever

Cons

N/a

High pressure job

Money’s quite good, but feel under appreciated 90% of the time. A lot of the time it’s a high stressful environment, and I feel the company only cares about production and not the people.

Would recommend

Would recommend. PC factory was good. Washing powders in another factory was horrendous but they have now closed down so serves them right. Salary good with a small bonus. Managers could be better.

Fast paced but fun

Great fun alot to take in great experience fantastic benefits looked after when away from home head office a great experience would go back tomorrow

Pros

Great shop

Cons

Keep people at the heart of their business

High standards expected, but training and support provided were exceptional.Management cared about you and were supportive but would get the best out of you.

Pros

Working Environment

Cons

That I had to leave

A great place to work.

Unilever was without doubt a high spot in my career. I've not felt as cared for anywhere else. An example of how well a company can work when everyone is pushing in the same direction, in a positive collaborative way. I only left (vol. redundancy) because I didn't want to move to Wales. But it was a hard decision. I wish them all well.

Pros

Company staff team building events.

Cons

Can be long hours, but when your having fun does that really matter?!

Productive and good work life balance

Unilever has a very good work life balance which can help to reduce stress levels. The workplace culture is very friendly one and work can be very rewarding.

Your face must fit

Engineers stay away. Engineering management is usually made up operators given a bit of training, current one is an in house apprentice ( even worse) with the personality of a corpse and is currently stabbing other managers to climb the ladder. The engineering team is made up of operators and ex apprentices that are low on skill and big on attitude, some are ok. They do not appear to like time served engineers from outside. If one decides you dont fit the rest will follow backed by the manager and team leaders and bullying will follow. Technology is old and failing, if you are not ex apprentice you will not progress. Also, bear in mind Unilever are selling it.

Workplace is very nice but it depends on the team you are working now!

The team wasn't great to work with at all. I was in the Oral care category and it was really stressful with a team that did not make me feel welcomed at all. It took months to get to a position where I felt I could manage but wasn't comfortable. That affected my work and I eventually had to resign cause they made it super difficult and kind of cornered me.

Too much bullying most off managment

Clique culture too many bosses .if not related to management you wont get anywhere .they treat temps like gods and permenent like dirt .only place i have worked where temps wages more then permenent workers .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2